Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Me likes...
A 44 83.02%
B 9 16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's not that bad guys. C'mon now... He's 61. It's slowly receding. I'm sure he has still a few years before it gets even in the same zip code as a Mick Fleetwood style.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I got one thing to say to option B: oh God no!

Now, seriously, with his forehead getting bigger, I personally think he'd look good in a hat, maybe a fedora lik in the Gypsy music vid. It could blend in well with his style and cover up his hair loss
Oh no!!! Not the hat look. It's out of character for him and I can't even dream of Lindsey in a fedora. He's such a minimalist that any accessory outside of the occasional necklace just seems...strange.

I think we've been spoiled for so many years of LB having such thick, lustrous locks that now the idea of him losing any of that hotness is hard to swallow. I agree with the ones who say he just needs to figure out a different way of styling it. I'm sure it would make him look less rough. And perhaps he could switch up the outfits from time to time. His choice of the same predictable outfits/colors just make him look more dull. Spice it up LB! Wear something...bright pink or teal once in a while. It's ok to experiment with color.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
It's not that bad guys. C'mon now... He's 61. It's slowly receding. I'm sure he has still a few years before it gets even in the same zip code as a Mick Fleetwood style.
I know it's not that bad, but this is Liddy Buck we're talking about, the guy who always had hair that made most guys and even some girls jealous, and to see him (slowly) lose it gets some fans weirded out (and had me jumping on the bandwagon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Oh no!!! Not the hat look. It's out of character for him and I can't even dream of Lindsey in a fedora. He's such a minimalist that any accessory outside of the occasional necklace just seems...strange.

I think we've been spoiled for so many years of LB having such thick, lustrous locks that now the idea of him losing any of that hotness is hard to swallow. I agree with the ones who say he just needs to figure out a different way of styling it. I'm sure it would make him look less rough. And perhaps he could switch up the outfits from time to time. His choice of the same predictable outfits/colors just make him look more dull. Spice it up LB! Wear something...bright pink or teal once in a while. It's ok to experiment with color.
Depending on the outfit, a hat could work for him, like if it was a modern take on the Tusk suit, but really does need to work on a better wardrobe. Maybe he doesn't have much cause all the closet space is taken up by pears

You can add me on Facebook
Old 02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! I'd rather see Lindsey BALD than with the "B" hair!!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
Wow! I'd rather see Lindsey BALD than with the "B" hair!!
I'd hope that even young Will is shrewd enough to eschew the Bieber do.

Thinking about what his kids might be into, I wonder what type of paternal sacrifices Lindsey has made. I saw David Duchovny on tv saying that because of his daughter, he has seen the Twilight movies and has even chosen a side between Edward and Jacob (his family is Team Edward), so I wonder what Lindsey has done for his 11 year old. Has he asked a Jonas brother for an autograph?

Stevie predicted that he would be taking little girls to their ballet lessons, but he'll have to do more than that to keep up his Dad cred.

Michele
Old 02-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very clever Nikki...made me smile...and nicely done.

I'd like to see someone show what Mr. B. would look like today if he still had the Afro and goatee (sp) from the 70's, but in a grayer color.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I'd like to see someone show what Mr. B. would look like today if he still had the Afro and goatee (sp) from the 70's, but in a grayer color.
I bet he could be mistaken for one of the homeless, under those circumstances. Michele
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Very clever Nikki...made me smile...and nicely done.

I know he would look like a bum, but can anyone here handy with Photoshop make that? Ten bucks says he'll look like a bum on a street corner in Manhattan

You can add me on Facebook
Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd hope that even young Will is shrewd enough to eschew the Bieber do.

Thinking about what his kids might be into, I wonder what type of paternal sacrifices Lindsey has made. I saw David Duchovny on tv saying that because of his daughter, he has seen the Twilight movies and has even chosen a side between Edward and Jacob (his family is Team Edward), so I wonder what Lindsey has done for his 11 year old. Has he asked a Jonas brother for an autograph?

Stevie predicted that he would be taking little girls to their ballet lessons, but he'll have to do more than that to keep up his Dad cred.

Michele
I always forget Lindsey has kids who probably listen to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry. Shoot, his kids could easily be into hipper stuff than that. Will is probably full-fledged hip-hop fan for all we know. Lindsey probably lives vicariously through his kids' Facebook statuses.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=gypsy4life;940550]Wow! I'd rather see Lindsey BALD than with the "B" hair!![/QUOT

Can we see an image of Lindsey bald just so we know what we're up against in the future?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I know it's not that bad, but this is Liddy Buck we're talking about, the guy who always had hair that made most guys and even some girls jealous, and to see him (slowly) lose it gets some fans weirded out (and had me jumping on the bandwagon.)
His hair does look good compared to lots of other men his age. For me, it's not so much about his looks as it is about the hair issue making it clear that he's getting older. Of course. in theory, I knew he couldn't live forever, but it will be pretty hard to take when he's gone.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
His hair does look good compared to lots of other men his age. For me, it's not so much about his looks as it is about the hair issue making it clear that he's getting older. Of course. in theory, I knew he couldn't live forever, but it will be pretty hard to take when he's gone.
That does not bear thinking about - but these days if you're fit and healthy 61 is not old at all, and I think we'll have him around for many years to come.

Look at our Cliff Richard over here - he's 70 and, like him or not, he looks incredible and is not slowing down at all.

And what about The Rolling Stones, they look decrepit but are still rocking that stage!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what will be hard to take? If he slows down during the live shows. That will be a wake up call. Hopefully one we won't get for another 5 years.

Michele
Old 02-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know what will be hard to take? If he slows down during the live shows. That will be a wake up call. Hopefully one we won't get for another 5 years.

Michele
I was thinking the same thing as I pondered the potential of an upcoming solo tour. I was wondering if the seemingly sudden showing of age (Lindsey has always looked good/young for any of his ages) was due to the demands of the Unleashed tour.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I was thinking the same thing as I pondered the potential of an upcoming solo tour. I was wondering if the seemingly sudden showing of age (Lindsey has always looked good/young for any of his ages) was due to the demands of the Unleashed tour.
It's a double-edged sword - yes, the demands of a many date world tour must be draining, on the other hand he looked so totally alive and vital and happy on that stage; and he's the one who never wants to leave the stage!

I think those long tours are probably fun and exciting and that offsets the tiredness.

He is so physically fit, he can take it - let's have another Mac tour please in the not too distant future.