Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Ledgie

Angry Why is everyone so negative?

I have been reading all of your posts in regard to the tour, the live performances, the track listing on the album and yes even stevie's damn dress. what the hell do you people want? so the album is not double... its 18 damn songs, divide it by two and throw it on two discs. most cds come out with 10-12 songs.. 18 is a bonus in my opionion. others say its to long... so? dont listen to it all at one time. and some of you bitch about the songs... would you rather have another behind the mask?? or maybe some street angel? say you will is getting decidedly good reviews... and it debuted well. yes the fan club is a crock of **** and the ticket prices are pretty steep... and yes... stevie's dress is pretty... well its pretty something but the woman is STILL singing and she still seems like she enjoys singing. i think even if she were ****ting gold eggs some of you wouldnt be satisfied. peacekeeper is a good song... and its getting more airplay than most of their contemporaries combined. when was the last time you heard james taylor or carly simon's current material in medium rotation? all im saying is that instead of bitching and moaning we should all be looking at the positive... fleetwood mac are still around and they're stilling doing what they do best. dont put all your negative energy into writing them off as old and washed up... instead go outside and mow your lawn or read a damn book for god's sake. comprende?

and im sorry about my spelling.. you'd think an english major would have better sense... :-)
Old 04-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My point exactly in other threads. The performances recently have not been the best or most passionate I have seen, but they have not been as bad as people make it out to be on this board.

The board has become so negative. So unenjoyable. If people are this unhappy with the product then switch to a new one.

Fleetwood Mac will continue without you. A matter a fact I am pretty sure they will not even know you are gone.

I like this band and I love the new album. In my opinion the live performances with the exception of Go your own way have been servicable. Not the embarassing mess that people have made them out to be.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Why is everyone so negative?

Quote:
Originally posted by goyourownway
the woman is STILL singing and she still seems like she enjoys singing.
But that's just the point. She actually doesn't seem to be enjoying herself.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe the band has cultivated an unreachable expectation level in quite a number of their fans. Boards like this & the others are good places to vent frustrations. If we can't vent here, who ELSE is going to even come close to understanding the depth of our personal involvement with the band?? Its like "if I can't fart in a bathroom, where CAN I acceptably fart?"

When relating to someone in the "real world", I don't think those who are, as you say, "negative", would be perceived as that way toward the band...they'd be considered MORE than fanatic about Fleetwood Mac. It seems to be a case of "I can badmouth the band within the "clique", but don't anyone outSIDE of the clique say anything bad about them".
Old 04-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dear sweet Lord, forgive me, because I know I'm being negaitive and I hate it, I really do.

I don't want to feel like this, and yes I have to echo David because Stevie seems miserable. Maybe I am just missing something completely, but she's not quite all there.

The CD is wonderful! There is so much emotion there, and I am really trying to assure myself it will come out eventually.
I am still feeling like it will all come together on the tour, and all this worrying and fretting will be a distant memory.

If it doesn't, then I think the Mac has become a victim of it's own "healing".

I want somebody to scream at somebody else and get all passionate and send somebody else storming away in a huff.
Maybe they are just "making nice" too much and it is jarring all our senses.

-Sharon
Old 04-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And yes, Chili, I liken this to airing my dirty laundry at home. I'd never say these things to casual fans.

I have been smiling and talking them up to everyone, not letting them know I'm kinda worried about how it's all going to come out in the wash!

-Sharon
Old 04-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi goyourownway, welcome to the Ledge. Yes, we do fight and we do criticize and maybe we can get a little mean. But we are rarely boring....

Thre is a great core of long-time fans (very smart and articulate) on this board who have supported FM and Stevie thru the rough times...the drugs, the fights, the solo failures.....kept this board very active during the lean times...waiting for Lindsey solo stuff, waiting for FM stuff, waiting for Stevie to change her dress...and despite all the bitching and moaning have purchased the cd (more than one copy I suspect) and purchased concert tix (more than one venue I suspect).

great deep discussions on this board, some silly, satirical and funny threads and best of all, some great insider information threads.

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64
Old 04-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Three copies of the CD here! 2 regular, 1 Ltd Ed.!

You are the hardest on the ones you love the most!

We just get frustrated 'cause we don't get listened to very much. We have to vent to each other!
-Sharon
Old 04-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up The Mac is back

I concur completely with your post goyourownway... this place has become a real downer of late.

There's alot to be grateful for, namely the music of SYW. That's all I really wanted anyway, everything else just is or isn't icing on the cake for me.

SYW is one of the band's best albums and most notably the strongest songs from Stevie since Tusk. Whoever said this girl can't write or sing anymore needs to listen to this record a little closer imo.

I'm extremely happy about the music and the least of my worries are Stevie's (split ends?)

Anyway she's a beautiful woman any way you want to slice it!

Joe
Old 04-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Maybe the band has cultivated an unreachable expectation level in quite a number of their fans. Boards like this & the others are good places to vent frustrations. If we can't vent here, who ELSE is going to even come close to understanding the depth of our personal involvement with the band?? Its like "if I can't fart in a bathroom, where CAN I acceptably fart?"

When relating to someone in the "real world", I don't think those who are, as you say, "negative", would be perceived as that way toward the band...they'd be considered MORE than fanatic about Fleetwood Mac. It seems to be a case of "I can badmouth the band within the "clique", but don't anyone outSIDE of the clique say anything bad about them".
That's actually very astute, Steve, & I will agree with it entirely. You will inevitably experience the most complaining on these fan boards---the general public generally just doesn't care enough to vehemently complain in any sustained way.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Why is everyone so negative?

Quote:
Originally posted by goyourownway
all im saying is that instead of bitching and moaning we should all be looking at the positive... fleetwood mac are still around and they're stilling doing what they do best. dont put all your negative energy into writing them off as old and washed up... instead go outside and mow your lawn or read a damn book for god's sake. comprende?

Instead of bitching and moaning about other peoples opinions, maybe you should go outside and mow your lawn or read a damn book for god's sake. Comprende?
Old 04-25-2003, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey I enjoy reading everyones opinions. They have seemed off lately, but I highly doubt that means we fans are throwing them out the window. We obviously LOVE them wholeheartedly. Im hoping they're still in warm up phase. Whatever phase, and even if Stevie's fazed, lol, I still love them! They are FLEETWOOD MAC after all!

Bella Figura ~ I couldnt agree more!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not EVERYONE is negative. We're concerned, yes, but as I've said, I have a feeling that once they get out on tour, they're going to rock it like they never have before.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm worried, too, after the performances we've gotten lately. And even though I've complained lately, too, it *is* hard to come here and read all the negative remarks. Just because we're all talking about it, because we CAN'T go anywhere else. No one else understands. Tried talking to my husband about it and he's like, "Hmmm." Yeah, okay. Nevermind, I'll just go to the Ledge and talk about it there. At least I'll get some feedback. Even if I do eventually feel guilty because with (almost) EVERYone here feeling pretty much the same way, there is aLOT of negativity. But, I'm just WORRIED. Hell, I've said before that I would pay money to see Stevie Nicks onstage in a rocking chair, and I MEANT that...I'm just not READY for that yet.

Say You Will, the album, ROCKS. I just wanna see that transfer onto the stage.

And I bought three copies, too. Two regular and one LE. And as soon as I can find it, I'm gonna buy the DVD-A.

~Angela~
Old 04-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a funny joke, its funny someone called "goyourownway" would remark on negativity, LOL... that song (GYOW) is pretty rough on Stevie, LOL!