Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Few comments I found on a Neil Finn fan site:

If you see Neil's website, you'll notice Neil & Liam album's still planned for release. So that equals new music in 2018. Therefore, thumb

This comes only months after his last highly acclaimed solo album which we watched the production of online. thumb

Neil is scheduled to perform with orchestra on three dates in Australia in May and June and is already booked for one in L.A. on March 24th. thumb

More people around the world are being exposed to and reminded of Neil's name and work. The graphs showing the increase of follower numbers on the Neil Finn Facebook page and visits to neilfinn.com look like something you see in movies.thumb

It's very unlikely that Neil would have released more new music in 2019 so soon after the Neil & Liam album and Out Of Silence, but meeting and jamming with other musicians while touring the world could lead to new collaborations in song or on stage. Imagine 7 Worlds Collide 3. thumb

I doubt there would have been new music from Crowded House in the next few years anyway. Joining Fleetwood Mac for this tour doesn't mean Neil's signed away all his time beyond that, so anything can still happen.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another one:

As far as projects there are positives, as mentioned on the NEWS page at www.frenz.com/neilfinn/ the Liam-Neil album is still on release for late August (around the 24th) and various promotional ideas are being talked about. (more on that closer to release). There have been time periods where Neil hasn't toured etc we all survived those and new music (and gigs) were created and performed. I like that he makes detours, maybe it also keeps the adventure fresh for him too?
Old 04-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Wednesday 30 May 2018
Neil Finn
Sydney Opera House, Sydney, NSW, Australia

I also see May 31 and June 30th. He had dates in March. I don't see anything for this month. This stuff must have already been scheduled?
Quote:
Few comments I found on a Neil Finn fan site:

If you see Neil's website, you'll notice Neil & Liam album's still planned for release. So that equals new music in 2018. Therefore, thumb

This comes only months after his last highly acclaimed solo album which we watched the production of online. thumb

Neil is scheduled to perform with orchestra on three dates in Australia in May and June and is already booked for one in L.A. on March 24th. thumb

More people around the world are being exposed to and reminded of Neil's name and work. The graphs showing the increase of follower numbers on the Neil Finn Facebook page and visits to neilfinn.com look like something you see in movies.thumb

It's very unlikely that Neil would have released more new music in 2019 so soon after the Neil & Liam album and Out Of Silence, but meeting and jamming with other musicians while touring the world could lead to new collaborations in song or on stage. Imagine 7 Worlds Collide 3. thumb

I doubt there would have been new music from Crowded House in the next few years anyway. Joining Fleetwood Mac for this tour doesn't mean Neil's signed away all his time beyond that, so anything can still happen.
someone from the UK just shared similar info in our fb groups.

karma.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
another one:

As far as projects there are positives, as mentioned on the NEWS page at www.frenz.com/neilfinn/ the Liam-Neil album is still on release for late August (around the 24th) and various promotional ideas are being talked about. (more on that closer to release). There have been time periods where Neil hasn't toured etc we all survived those and new music (and gigs) were created and performed. I like that he makes detours, maybe it also keeps the adventure fresh for him too?
how ironic would that be if he tours solo at the same time as with the Mac?

all those FM apologists saying that LB "deserved" to be dumped for even considering the same would just have to sit down.

but we know they'll just move to a new "theory" to make sure the real ugly truth does not come out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
someone from the UK just shared similar info in our fb groups.

karma.
Petting one of my cats......Attempting to remain calm........
Old 04-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So Neil Finn has 3 solo dates scheduled for May and June... and no dates for the Fleetwood Mac tour have been listed yet, and today is April 17. The tour probably won't start until August. How anyone could possibly compare Neil performing 3 solo dates BEFORE the FM tour even begins to Lindsey touring solo AND with FM at the same time, and for several dates, is beyond me. If that was even the reason for the split. But the point is, they are very different scenarios. I am quite certain if Lindsey had 3 solo tour dates in May and June, that would not have been an issue for the other band members.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
So Neil Finn has 3 solo dates scheduled for May and June... and no dates for the Fleetwood Mac tour have been listed yet, and today is April 17. The tour probably won't start until August. How anyone could possibly compare Neil performing 3 solo dates BEFORE the FM tour even begins to Lindsey touring solo AND with FM at the same time, and for several dates, is beyond me. If that was even the reason for the split. But the point is, they are very different scenarios. I am quite certain if Lindsey had 3 solo tour dates in May and June, that would not have been an issue for the other band members.
What
How can you be so certain. Its a valid point IF Mick or the concert promoter had a cow Lindsey was touring the same time as the Mac and the new member also has dates scheduled. It IS the same thing because it shows and demonstrates a complete lack of compromise on the band's part. Which also brings another point. Is the touring only a small aspect as to why Lindsey was fired? Its not a coincidence IMHO that one band member refused to enter the studio with Lindsey. Its not honest to say this part of the equation had nothing to do with Lindsey getting fired.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2018...s-members.html
A band is more than the sum of its members
by Neil McCormick
The Sunday Telegraph
‘It is impossible to imagine the Beatles with any other configuration than John, Paul, George and Ringo’

I can’t wait to see the results, especially if the Mac are adventurous enough to add Finn’s gorgeous songs to the set. Stevie Nicks duetting on Don’t Dream It’s Over while Campbell rips out a tasty lead: who could resist that?
I could. I could resist it easily. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but right now the thought of a new lineup, especially a six-piece, is unappetizing.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What
How can you be so certain. Its a valid point IF Mick or the concert promoter had a cow Lindsey was touring the same time as the Mac and the new member also has dates scheduled. It IS the same thing because it shows and demonstrates a complete lack of compromise on the band's part. Which also brings another point. Is the touring only a small aspect as to why Lindsey was fired? [B]Its not a coincidence IMHO that one band member refused to enter the studio with Lindsey. Its not honest to say this part of the equation had nothing to do with Lindsey getting fired.
thank you!

we are trying to stay above the fray here, and really hard. meanwhile we have to read these ridiculous SN-apologist chiffonheads posts (while claiming they oh so love LB no less!).

yes - we KNOW there were 2 main parts to the equation:
  1. Stevie said him or me.
  2. he asked Mac corporation to cover some logistics costs of his solo tour, when they wouldn't accommodate moving tour dates so he can get his solo tour in first. that would cut into corporate profits.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The promoter I work with(who thought he was breaking the news to me last week - I'd known for days, lol), is a pretty big casual fan. He's always told me that Lindsey IS the show, and he'll never go again, unless Lindsey would come back.

So it DOES matter to some casual fans. Well, I guess casual fans who aren't Chiffonheads.
One thing I noticed after overhearing lots of casual fans' comments at FM shows: they arrive talking about Stevie, but they leave talking about Lindsey. Every single time I've seen them, I hear these fans talking about his energy, how underrated of a guitarist he is, how they "didn't realize he was that good," etc. I've brought casual fans along to shows with me, and they say the same thing: he carries the show.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
One thing I noticed after overhearing lots of casual fans' comments at FM shows: they arrive talking about Stevie, but they leave talking about Lindsey. Every single time I've seen them, I hear these fans talking about his energy, how underrated of a guitarist he is, how they "didn't realize he was that good," etc. I've brought casual fans along to shows with me, and they say the same thing: he carries the show.
I can confirm this. My sister was blown away by his energy level. My niece (22 at the time) was like how old is that guy? Is he always like that? And she liked his jeans
Old 04-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I could. I could resist it easily. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but right now the thought of a new lineup, especially a six-piece, is unappetizing.
Because right now it's a FM/Heartbreakers cover band?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What
How can you be so certain. Its a valid point IF Mick or the concert promoter had a cow Lindsey was touring the same time as the Mac and the new member also has dates scheduled. It IS the same thing because it shows and demonstrates a complete lack of compromise on the band's part. Which also brings another point. Is the touring only a small aspect as to why Lindsey was fired? Its not a coincidence IMHO that one band member refused to enter the studio with Lindsey. Its not honest to say this part of the equation had nothing to do with Lindsey getting fired.
I think it's both. His requests for the touring scheduling just went over her patience level. He probably put his foot down insisting he wanted to do his dates and she got annoyed/fed up/thought he was asking too much and snapped, putting her foot down aka 'him or me'.

I just feel badly for Lindsey for how this played out. I get that what he wanted was hard to work around but it must be so awful to see them toss you out like that over it. Especially considering he's put more actual effort into the band than anyone. He does most of the work behind the scenes and provides ALL the energy onstage.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The promoter I work with(who thought he was breaking the news to me last week - I'd known for days, lol), is a pretty big casual fan. He's always told me that Lindsey IS the show, and he'll never go again, unless Lindsey would come back.

So it DOES matter to some casual fans. Well, I guess casual fans who aren't Chiffonheads.
I am a huge Stevie fan. But without Lindsey, I'm not going to attend the upcoming Mac tour.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's both. His requests for the touring scheduling just went over her patience level. He probably put his foot down insisting he wanted to do his dates and she got annoyed/fed up/thought he was asking too much and snapped, putting her foot down aka 'him or me'.

I just feel badly for Lindsey for how this played out. I get that what he wanted was hard to work around but it must be so awful to see them toss you out like that over it. Especially considering he's put more actual effort into the band than anyone. He does most of the work behind the scenes and provides ALL the energy onstage.
None of us knows for sure why he left.
We can assume all we want. But we don't know what happened.
Regardless, without all 5 "Rumours" lineup, it simply isn't what I consider FM