The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems like John has been living in Hawaii a lot longer than 3 years (maybe not year round, but still....)

Seems like fancy digs. Not what I would have picked as his style.

Nice investment though, Brentwood. Near the Buckinghams and Stevie's Tara house.

Now's the time to get the mortgage, with the next cash grab tour still ahead.

Wonder if they know any interior decorators who can help them out....

Ok, more pics here: https://www.trulia.com/blog/celebrit...s-real-estate/

and they mention Lindsey lives nearby; and John has a few other properties in and around LA as well.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-12-2017 at 03:51 PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Seems like fancy digs. Not what I would have picked as his style.
Definitely not!
Old 04-15-2017, 05:21 AM

A Q&A and Video Premiere from Local Natives

I noticed you have a cover of Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk so I’m guessing Lindsey Buckingham must be an influence. Tell us about the cover. The way Lindsey uses the guitar (and the recording studio) is similar to how some of your songs are constructed.

Fleetwood Mac is a huge influence for us. Covering Tusk in the studio that they built to record that album was pretty amazing. There was the piano they recorded “Sara” on, and the stained glass window Stevie Nicks had put into her vocal room. Lindsey is an amazing songwriter, and you can hear the influence of his guitar style on our song “Dark Days.”

https://americansongwriter.com/2017/...local-natives/
Old 04-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Sheryl Crow was on Stern today and talked Fleetwood Mac and Nicks. Howard directly asked her about being asked to join the band. Sheryl said she wanted to so bad and still wants to join the band today. But she was afraid of bad blood between her and Lindsey right away. Robin and Howard were joking and saying that bad blood and fights in the band always led to great music.
She also spoke lots about Prince and rehashed Stevie's Stand Back story. Prince called Sheryl about her song Every Day is a winding road and covered the song. they became friends until Sheryl's Central Park concert where she invited all her friends to perform for a free concert for children with AIDS. Prince chewed her out and did not perform because American Express was promoting the concert. That was the last time they spoke.
She mentioned Prince playing basketball at Sunset Sound with high heel boots on during the recording of Stand Back (according to Stevie).
Old 04-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Sheryl Crow was on Stern today and talked Fleetwood Mac and Nicks. Howard directly asked her about being asked to join the band. Sheryl said she wanted to so bad and still wants to join the band today. But she was afraid of bad blood between her and Lindsey right away.
There would definitely have been bad blood. I think FM dodged a bullet, actually.

Michele
Old 04-18-2017, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
There would definitely have been bad blood. I think FM dodged a bullet, actually.

Michele
It was an excellent interview. Howard asked her direct questions about Fleetwood Mac. I think Lindsey was the only group member that made it not happen. Thank goodness it did not happen.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:39 AM

Landslide Of Fleetwood Mac Coming To TV

Fleetwood Mac fans set your DVRs as AXS TV have announce special marathon night called "Sunday Night Rocks: Mac Attack" that will be taking place on April 30th.

The special night of Fleetwood Mac focused programming will include the premiere of a rare 1986 concert film entitled "Steve Nicks: Rock A Little" that features Mick Fleetwood and Peter Frampton at 9pE/6pP.

The marathon will be kicking off with a Lindsey Buckingham episode of The Big Interview at 4:30PM E/ 1:30 P. that will be followed by drummer Mick Fleetwood taking a look back at some of the band's music videos in Video Killed The Radio Star: The Artist View Fleetwood Mac at 5:30E.

Mick will also be featured in an episode of Rock And Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar where the former Van Halen singer talks with and even jams with the iconic drummer at Fleetwood's On Front St.

The concert film "Fleetwood Mac, Live In Boston" from their Say You Will Tour and the 2012 special Lindsey Buckingham With Special Guest Stevie Nicks will also be broadcast as part of the special.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/17/Apr...ng_To_TV.shtml
Old 04-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favourite music for middle aged Britons is Fleetwood Mac, Queen and Bowie

Well I'm quite pleased to know I'm not yet in the middle aged bracket (as far as the Independent is concerned).

MIDDLE-AGED PEOPLE WATCH GREASE, LISTEN TO DAVID BOWIE AND WANT TO SEE NORTHERN LIGHTS, STUDY SUGGESTS

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7704921.html

OLIVIA BLAIR
@livblair

Is seeing the Northern Lights or learning a new language on your bucket list? Do you like Fleetwood Mac, the film Grease and drive a Ford Fiesta? If so, new research suggests you are in the middle-age bracket.

A recent survey by Nationwide building society looked into the finances, lifestyle habits, concerns and aspirations of 2,000 50 to 59 year olds.

According to the results, one in five average 50-something wants to travel the world and one in eight (12 per cent) wishes to learn a new language. Other travel-based adventures feature high on the bucket list including a third vying to see the Northern Lights (39 per cent), 13 per cent wishing to swim with dolphins and five per cent wanting to travel out of space.

The average 50-something also has a number of regrets mainly tied to finance and adventure. More than a third (34 per cent) wish they had saved more money while 31 per cent wish they had travelled more. More than a quarter (26 per cent) wish they had saved more money into their pension, a quarter regretted not doing enough exercise and just under a fifth (19 per cent) wished they hadn’t lost touch with family and friends.

A quarter of those surveyed were divorced or single but almost three quarters were in relationships, the average length being 24 years.

The nine things 50-59 year olds are partial to are divided into music, film and TV. Favourite music of those in the age range is Fleetwood Mac, Queen and David Bowie while the favourite films are the John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John featuring musical Grease, ET and Indiana Jones. Iconic British comedies like Blackadder, Only Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers top the list of favourite programmes to watch on television.

The survey found that health fears top the list of worries for people in the age range with more than half (58 per cent) saying their health is a concern and more than a third (38 per cent) worried about their partner’s health.

The next line of worries largely revolves around financial concerns including 46 per cent concerned about money saving and more than a third (35 per cent) worried about the strength of their pension.

The average annual income for a 50-something in the UK is £19,165 and amount of debt is £4,641 with an overdraft of £330. They tend to have savings of £4,511 and a monthly disposable income of £297.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Well I'm quite pleased to know I'm not yet in the middle aged bracket (as far as the Independent is concerned).

MIDDLE-AGED PEOPLE WATCH GREASE, LISTEN TO DAVID BOWIE AND WANT TO SEE NORTHERN LIGHTS, STUDY SUGGESTS

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7704921.html

OLIVIA BLAIR
@livblair

Is seeing the Northern Lights or learning a new language on your bucket list? Do you like Fleetwood Mac, the film Grease and drive a Ford Fiesta? If so, new research suggests you are in the middle-age bracket.

A recent survey by Nationwide building society looked into the finances, lifestyle habits, concerns and aspirations of 2,000 50 to 59 year olds.

According to the results, one in five average 50-something wants to travel the world and one in eight (12 per cent) wishes to learn a new language. Other travel-based adventures feature high on the bucket list including a third vying to see the Northern Lights (39 per cent), 13 per cent wishing to swim with dolphins and five per cent wanting to travel out of space.

The average 50-something also has a number of regrets mainly tied to finance and adventure. More than a third (34 per cent) wish they had saved more money while 31 per cent wish they had travelled more. More than a quarter (26 per cent) wish they had saved more money into their pension, a quarter regretted not doing enough exercise and just under a fifth (19 per cent) wished they hadn’t lost touch with family and friends.

A quarter of those surveyed were divorced or single but almost three quarters were in relationships, the average length being 24 years.

The nine things 50-59 year olds are partial to are divided into music, film and TV. Favourite music of those in the age range is Fleetwood Mac, Queen and David Bowie while the favourite films are the John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John featuring musical Grease, ET and Indiana Jones. Iconic British comedies like Blackadder, Only Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers top the list of favourite programmes to watch on television.

The survey found that health fears top the list of worries for people in the age range with more than half (58 per cent) saying their health is a concern and more than a third (38 per cent) worried about their partner’s health.

The next line of worries largely revolves around financial concerns including 46 per cent concerned about money saving and more than a third (35 per cent) worried about the strength of their pension.

The average annual income for a 50-something in the UK is £19,165 and amount of debt is £4,641 with an overdraft of £330. They tend to have savings of £4,511 and a monthly disposable income of £297.
Well I'm a 19 year old American but this sounds about right! Grease is my favorite movie, I do have financial concerns, and Fleetwood Mac is of course my favorite band. Who knew haha
Old 04-30-2017, 02:54 PM

Old 04-30-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
Well I'm a 19 year old American but this sounds about right! Grease is my favorite movie, I do have financial concerns, and Fleetwood Mac is of course my favorite band. Who knew haha
Well, I'm 25, not American but I already regret not doing enough exercise and my favourite bands are Fleetwood Mac followed by Queen.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Well, I'm 25, not American but I already regret not doing enough exercise and my favourite bands are Fleetwood Mac followed by Queen.
Who knew we could have that in common? I spent a small fortune on both bands.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yes, it's mainly my mother's doing, she's a huge Freddie Mercury fan still to this day, seconded by the fact that Highlander is one of my favourite movies.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I think Queen are/were really big in South America, weren't they?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I think Queen are/were really big in South America, weren't they?
Yes! They still are! And they still tour here, which is fantastic for me!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.