Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie just came off a huge solo album so I can see why they may have not wanted to put another gem on the album. However as a band, I think you should view songs as an entire band. Lindsey complained to Rolling Stone in 1982 that radio stations were not playing any of his songs off Mirage. He was still rebelling. Sleeping Angel was a Fleetwood Mac demo from the early years that Stevie did in 1982 for a movie soundtrack. Stevie had outrageously good material in 1982 and I would have wanted to give her another song for the best interests of the band. Oh Diane is a B side.
But I get it. The band felt the need to not be overshined but a huge solo star off the heals of Bella Donna.
Oh Diane is a piece of poop. I'd take any of her demos over that song.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh Diane is a piece of poop. I'd take any of her demos over that song.
Oh bull sh*t. I was listening to all the bonus tracks on the Mirage boxed set yesterday. I HATE the $tevie songs I don't know. Most of her songs drag on FAR TOO LONG, like some funeral dirge! Stfu,$tevie!
Old 06-02-2020, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh bull sh*t. I was listening to all the bonus tracks on the Mirage boxed set yesterday. I HATE the $tevie songs I don't know. Most of her songs drag on FAR TOO LONG, like some funeral dirge! Stfu,$tevie!
Let me get this right

You hate Oh Daddy yet love Oh Diane

My head hurts just typing those words
Old 06-02-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Let me get this right

Let's take his FM card away!! If You Were My Love with that sparkling piano is better.

I agree tho Homer, $he always need editing.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's take his FM card away!! If You Were My Love with that sparkling piano is better.

He doesn't like "slow" songs. They are no fun at the sock hop!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I like Mirage for pretty much what it is. However, it could have been so much better. The Mac created a brilliant Sleeping Angel demo that almost exactly turned into Stevie's solo contribution to Fast Times in 1982. The Smile At You Mirage demo is so freaking amazing with Stevie's voice in its prime. When she does angry voice in this era it has such impact. If both these songs made Mirage it would have made the album so much better. All of Stevie's contributions are top notch. So why stop at only 3. Too bad the vinyl days made them stop at 10 songs. Lindsey's songs are quirky poppy and Oh Diane is almost like a 50's song which is sort of cool. But lets get real now. You have to pick the best 10 songs for an album. With the material laying around Oh Diane would NOT have been one of them.
Had Stevie not had a #1 smash album with huge hits, maybe we would have seen another of her gems on Mirage. Sorry but I just wanted to milk this era for all that its worth. Everyone was on top of their game with new songs and a few older ones too. I want more not less of this era. Stevie's voice would never be the same ever again. Right after the Wild Heart recordings, the coke had begun to really destroy her voice. The Wild Heart tour was the beginning to a harsher sound. By the time RAL came around.... game over!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-02-2020 at 02:28 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me get this right

I don't love Oh Diane, but I like it better than Oh Daddy.

It's cheesy, but at least it's got a beat!
Old 06-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me get this right

Quote:

I turned in my $tevie card a couple decades ago. $he's a f*cking HACK, living off a persona $he created 45 years ago.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She needs to be remembered. Don't forget it, she's a legend…..

She LOVES to drag everything, even her "love" for Lindsey. I've been reading her podcast with Matty Healy. She mentioned Lindsey 32 times. 32. That woman is crazy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-02-2020 at 10:37 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She needs to be remembered. Don't forget it, she's a legend…..

She LOVES to drag everything, even her "love" for Lindsey. I've been reading her podcast with Matty Healy. She named Lindsey 32 times. 32. That woman is crazy.
$he's batsh*t crazy. But her fans follow her like she's some crazed world leader.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't love Oh Diane, but I like it better than Oh Daddy.

It's cheesy, but at least it's got a beat!
It may have a faster beat but you cant compare the musical tracks. Its like comparing the game of chess to hungry hungry hippos. Oh Daddy is probably one of the most beautiful tracks Christine and Lindsey ever created.

Talking bout Diane
Oh oh Diane
Talking bout Diane
Old 06-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Diane > Oh Daddy....oh my lord! My head hurts too. I can't, I just can't!

Oh Daddy is gorgeous. Oh Diane is some budget version retro-50's horsecrap which should never have made the album over Smile at You or If You Were My Love.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have always really enjoyed most of Mirage. The singles Hold Me and Gypsy are both inarguably career highlights. It was missing a bit of the consistency of previous efforts and considering Stevie's popularity and height of her creativity and voice, it could have used one at least if not two more of her songs to round out the set.

Imagine Love in Store, Book of Love If You were my Love running order? (one "love" song from each writer?)

Side Two- Smile at You done with searing 3 part harmony and some killer playing around the song's excellent bridge as side two opener? How about those long lost The Chain Lyrics here- There you go down the road, but don't look to me to say goodbye (as I hear them anyway)

Smile at You, Eyes of the World, Hold Me, Empire State, Straight Back Oh Dianne Wish You were Here (yes 7 songs could fit on side two with a short Empire and Dianne)

Still the last great band album with beautiful production and singing if a little weak overall in the songwriting dept.

Last edited by On Ice; 06-03-2020 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Oh Diane is some budget version retro-50's horsecrap which should never have made the album over Smile at You or If You Were My Love.
Would you say that to Bob Dylan? I mean, Lindsey?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It may have a faster beat but you cant compare the musical tracks. Its like comparing the game of chess to hungry hungry hippos. Oh Daddy is probably one of the most beautiful tracks Christine and Lindsey ever created.

Talking bout Diane
Oh oh Diane
Talking bout Diane
As always, I need a beat...
Oh Daddy is in the same category as Storms, Beautiful Child, and Warm Ways. F*cking Snoozeville!

One thing I can say for Lindsey, he never did any funeral dirges!