The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Registered

If they really broke up this messily merely over a song or two on the setlist then they are even more hopelessly pathetic than I thought they already were. They don't deserve anyone's loyalty.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Does that mean we no longer have to read your misogynistic tag degrading Stevie?
I'll post whatever I want, whenever I want, just for you.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b6b3b9fd6aeb

The news media is churning all sorts of the drama now: the Davis book, the Harris book, probably Mick's book as well.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Registered

I wonder if and when the late night talk shows or SNL takes this up. If the band's reputation isn't shattered already it soon will be.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
everyone the freedom to come and go? what are you talking about???? you did read all these reports that Lindsey was FIRED, right? how is that coming and going as you please?

the drama is real. did you see Lindsey's daughter's IG post last night? "Fleetwood Mac isn’t Fleetwood Mac without you #prouddaughter"

she was responding to and liking people's outpours of love and support. she confirmed he was fired. Lindsey's brother also commented on her post.

many fans have heard this boiling (and didn't wanna believe it!) for the last 2 months.
I didn't say the drama wasn't real. I just see a lot of fans and a lot of the media manufacturing a lot of the drama, and filling in a narrative that none of us were present for. Yes Lindsey chose to not tour, and yes the rest of the band chose to book the tour without him. I'm sure it was really hard and unpleasant, but possibly more amicable than we think. He didn't want to tour, they did. They've always had an open door policy.
Unfortunately the end result has often been cheesy and a little "off-brand" for Fleetwood Mac.
This time is a little different with Mike Campbell on board, but that doesn't make it any less painful.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b6b3b9fd6aeb

The news media is churning all sorts of the drama now: the Davis book, the Harris book, probably Mick's book as well.
Yes. And if Mick and Stevie get too pi**ed off about the backlash they are getting, and if it turns out their tour dates aren’t selling, do we think they will play this card and finish Lindsey off? Even though these are at this point allegations, Stevie was always the one holding firmly that there’s no truth to that in their relationship. In the #metoo era they would need much less to bury him and make sure he can never ever work again. Maybe that’s what they were counting on in the first place, at least as a leverage, but gun control issues became more prominent in the meantime.

Mord - sorry to have had to mention political buzz words, but I think they fit in this context and I’m not stating anything pro or against either movement.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I wonder if and when the late night talk shows or SNL takes this up. If the band's reputation isn't shattered already it soon will be.
I'd bet anything that they'll spoof them this week.

I HOPE THEY DO!
Old 04-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lol that was supposed to be mods not autocorrected mord.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know i was thinking that - THIS what they did now in their 70s is ensuring that FM the movie will be made. because it's crazier than all their drugged out crazy. they don't have the excuse of being young or high now. just greedy but i'm sure the movie will turn it in a tragic exploding relationship between the exes.

like Azoff said on his SiriusXM station about the non-identified band -
it's a special kind of art to watch some of the bands and what people in them do just to torture each other unnecessarily.
or something to that effect. rings true, doesn't it?
The thing is I just don't feel like this is even the ending. Although Stevie did say "the story has a strange ending" and her writing can be eerily prescient about these things. They are all really just mere mortals though and the time is going to run out. I guess I'm still shocked that this happened at this late stage. I really just thought the five of them were going to sail off into the proverbial sunset.
I didn't know Irving Azoff had his own Sirius channel. I really must check it out. That guy has seen it all. I think to be creative people have to experience suffering. I guess it's just a matter of who's suffering. Are you making someone else suffer? And some of them just channel it better than others.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
This is an interesting tidbit.....Lindsey has his house up for sale: This was posted here in Jan. Just something to think on.

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...115-story.html
I don't think so. I think the timing was coincidental and that was a side project for Kristen where he could park some of his enormous wealth and turn a profit. That house was never meant for them to live in. It was a spec house.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I don't think so. I think the timing was coincidental and that was a side project for Kristen where he could park some of his enormous wealth and turn a profit. That house was never meant for them to live in. It was a spec house.
I remember that now......it was Kristen's project house. Too many cob webs in my mind.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Same. I'll be leaving bad reviews left and right.
More like a psychological profile at this point... the remaining four might want to seek a restraining order on you at this point.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Christine.... I'm more disappointed in her. I gotta feelin, she ain't going to enjoy this tour. Her conscience might get to her.
I was thinking along similar lines. So it seems that the band has been a tense, negative place to be as of late. That can't be fun for anybody. And in your late 60's/early 70's who has the energy for that? It can't be good for John's health or for Chris either to come back to that after living in the solitude of the English countryside for so long.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
More like a psychological profile at this point... the remaining four might want to seek a restraining order on you at this point.
Ah, how I miss the days of your moderation. We always figured you were drunk, with your late night ramblings... Were you?

You've even been the subject of facebook posts lately, from people who left the ledge years ago, remembering why they left.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Does that mean we no longer have to read your misogynistic tag degrading Stevie?
Oh no! After the decade long Stevie Haterade campaign he almost accomplished his mission. It must be devastating to be so close and then something like this happens and snatches your meme right out from under you and your candidate is suddenly out when he was the odds on favorite. I've sat back and watched this for way too long. Let's start a meme about Stevie and how awful she is and see if we can get some her long time, loyal fans to turn on her. Heck we might even get the Stevie form shut down! I see you Homer. I've seen you this whole time. I must say I'm feeling a bit of Schadenfreude at how this has all turned out for YOU. That's what really has you pissed off isn't it?
Sorry Johnnystorms none of this is directed at you. I just couldn't old it any more.