[QUOTE=WatchChain;1222044]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
More effective to go to the show with
goat shirts and boo the whole time.

Wonder what she'd think if she saw the
front row filled with goat shirts? Would
she get it?[/QUOTE

No, that would be cruel and uncalled for. It's a much stonger statement to just refuse to buy a ticket and sit this one out.
Hit them where it really hurts--- the wallet. Keep your money in your wallet.

They could give two hoots what your shirt is, they'd still be laughing all the way to the bank to deposit your money in their accounts.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[/QUOTE]

No, that would be cruel and uncalled for. It's a much stonger statement to just refuse to buy a ticket and sit this one out.[/QUOTE]

A nasty message targeting Stevie might be uncalled for but an 'I STAND WITH LINDSEY' placard or banner would be good.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've seen "Justice For Lindsey" on the internet too. That Anoro commercial just came on while i'm typing...
Old 04-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a Fleetwood Mac fan of 40 years, I am just HEARTSICK. No one has died here, so I cannot compare this to the death of John Lennon, but it certainly comes close.

I have a deep sense in the pit of my stomach that this is the END. I think whatever brought about this conflict was the final straw for all involved. I DO NOT see the Rumours lineup EVER recording or touring together again. It's a sorrowful day. This band was given an opportunity to record a final album and give its fans a proper Farewell Tour, but they chose to take the low road.

As Don McLean proclaimed, "the day the music died" is upon us. I'm just heartsick.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I won't be seeing them perform live, though if new Christine material gets recorded, I'd buy it. That's really all I care about from the current lineup.

As for Lindsey, I'll continue to buy his solo material BECAUSE IT'S CONSISTENTLY VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT.

So sad: Lindsey and Christine have this incredible partnership and now, so hard on the heels of that, he is ousted and rightfully claims he will have no connection to further Mac activity.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
As a Fleetwood Mac fan of 40 years, I am just HEARTSICK. No one has died here, so I cannot compare this to the death of John Lennon, but it certainly comes close.

I have a deep sense in the pit of my stomach that this is the END. I think whatever brought about this conflict was the final straw for all involved. I DO NOT see the Rumours lineup EVER recording or touring together again. It's a sorrowful day. This band was given an opportunity to record a final album and give its fans a proper Farewell Tour, but they chose to take the low road.

As Don McLean proclaimed, "the day the music died" is upon us. I'm just heartsick.

Well said. 😂😫
Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Billboard:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...plit-questions

5 Lingering Questions From Fleetwood Mac's Split With Lindsey Buckingham
4/9/2018 by Melinda Newman

When Fleetwood Mac announced Monday (April 9) that the legendary band had replaced guitarist Lindsey Buckingham with Crowded House’s Neil Finn and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ Mike Campbell for its upcoming tour, its statement brought up more questions than it answered.

Here are a few of those lingering questions:

What went south?
Prophetically, the last song that Fleetwood Mac performed together was “Go Your Own Way,” when the band was honored Jan. 26 as MusiCares Person of the Year. But at that gala, held at New York’s Radio City Music Hall, all seemed well with the band. While receiving their award, Buckingham acknowledged the dysfunction that fueled so many of the band’s hits, but added, “Not very far below the level of dysfunction, what we are feeling more than ever in our career is love.” After artists, including Lorde, Keith Urban, Juanes and Little Big Town, saluted the band, the quintet took the stage to close the evening with energetic performances of “The Chain,” “Little Lies,” "Tusk,” “Gold Dust Woman” and “Go Your Own Way.”

Why Mike Campbell and Neil Finn?
Longtime friends Campbell and Stevie Nicks go back nearly 40 years. Campbell played on Nicks and Tom Petty’s 1981 duet “Stop Dragging My Heart Around.” More recently, “I Don’t Care,” a song the guitarist co-wrote with Nicks, appeared on Nicks’ 2014 album, 24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault, a collection of newly recorded versions of demos that Nicks initially recorded between 1969 and 1987. Less obvious is the Finn connection, but drummer Mick Fleetwood and Finn have a history, if not one as deep as that of Campbell and Nicks. Fleetwood told an Australian newspaper in 2016 that he was playing on Finn’s next album, referring to Finn as “a new music friend…I invited myself to play in Auckland so I am going down there first to work on his next album, as a friend.”

When did this all go down?
Regardless of the circumstances -- whether Buckingham jumped or was shoved -- his departure seems to be a very recent development. On April 4, guitarist Billy Burnette, who replaced Buckingham when he left Fleetwood Mac in 1987, tweeted, “Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out, but I’m not in.” Burnette quickly deleted that tweet, but it’s possible that he already knew that Finn would be coming in, as Finn was already woodshedding with the band. After the news broke on Monday, Finn said in a statement that he was invited to join Fleetwood Mac two weeks ago -- that would be March 26 -- and that “a few days later, I was standing in a room playing music with Fleetwood Mac.”

What does this mean for the setlist?
When Christine McVie stopped touring with the band -- from 1998 to 2014 -- Fleetwood Mac largely dropped her songs from its live repertoire, with the exception of “Don’t Stop,” on which Nicks sang McVie’s part. While it’s easy to imagine Finn singing Buckingham’s co-lead on “Don’t Stop,” it’s much harder to envision his taking over Buckingham-fronted “Go Your Own Way,” “Big Love” or “Tusk.” According to the statement, Fleetwood Mac, who is co-managed by Suretone’s Carl Stubner and CSM’s Sheryl Louis and booked by CAA, will announce tour dates soon, presumably for fall of this year. Fleetwood told Rolling Stone last August that he and Nicks had discussed delving deeper into the band’s catalog beyond the hits.

What’s next?
The question remains whether Buckingham is out for good -- and what that even means for a band that has not put out an album with all five primary members (Nicks, Buckingham, McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood) since 1987’s Tango in the Night -- or if this is a temporary split. Given that he, Nicks and Christine McVie have left and come back before, the final chapter is far from written. With Fleetwood Mac, the words from another band known for its dysfunction seem applicable: “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.”

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As disappointing as this is that it happened, are any of you Lindsay fans excited about the possibility that he is now free? He'll be able to record as many solo albums and tour them at least for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Well, yes, because for me LB is still an artist, and the rest of FM are mostly just well-paid performers now... but I still mourn the special magic that the Rumours Five can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
As disappointing as this is that it happened, are any of you Lindsay fans excited about the possibility that he is now free? He'll be able to record as many solo albums and tour them at least for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
More effective to go to the show with
goat shirts and boo the whole time.

Wonder what she'd think if she saw the
front row filled with goat shirts? Would
she get it?
So you are crucifying the rest of the band for being immature and peter pan like...and you want to do this? Come on....it is pretty obvious who is at fault here since the rest of the band is standing together.

And the immediate assumption that this is all because of Stevie is getting a little old. My bet is that the big mouth egotistic asshole that is Lindsey Buckingham opened his big, holier than thou mouth one too many times to one too many people. Put the blame where it belongs. At that point, if he said something nasty to her, I would not blame her if she said it is him or me. Crucify me if you like...I dont care as you know.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
So you are crucifying the rest of the band for being immature and peter pan like...and you want to do this? Come on....it is pretty obvious who is at fault here since the rest of the band is standing together.

And the immediate assumption that this is all because of Stevie is getting a little old. My bet is that the big mouth egotistic asshole that is Lindsey Buckingham opened his big, holier than thou mouth one too many times to one too many people. Put the blame where it belongs. At that point, if he said something nasty to her, I would not blame her if she said it is him or me. Crucify me if you like...I dont care as you know.
Stevie Nicks could drop a Hot Carl on you, and you'd still praise her up and down.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why crucify the band? FM is not a bunch of friends/musicians anymore. It's a company, a business. I bet laywers and managers negotiated for weeks (thats why we are waiting for tourdames for ages) ... Lindsey wants to record and tour with new material, while the rest (blame them, they are all 70+) want to tour while they can with material they can play with their eyes shut ... grab the money and have fun.

The media used the word ' fired', I guess they just separated and both went their own way. Agreed to disagree ... LB doesn't own the band or the rights to exploit the band. So the rest of them just continued. I guess they fell as sad as he does.

Think of the song ' Come' : 🎶 ... and the band ... played ... on ... 🎶
Old 04-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was hoping it wasn't true, but it became more and more obvious with each day.. Can't believe I'm saying it, but f*ck them. This is wrong and they should be ashamed of themselves. They just lost the only true artist left in the band. May he continue his incredible late-career solo prolificness. They have turned themselves into what 99% of dinosaur rock bands are at this point in their careers- an oldies cash-grab act that has abandoned integrity. I realize they have been on that path for quite sometime, hell, mostly already there.. but with Linds on board, there was at least a constant push for new material, to be artists.. Now they've gone full shill on us. And after Chris returned, against all odds, for what should have been the graceful closing out of their legacy, with the classic lineup intact. You couldn't pay me to go see them now. And I've paid thru the nose to see them, 5 times. Hopefully this means I'll get to see my 4th Lindsey Buckingham solo show soon, though!I will be at every performance I can make, monetarily/schedule permitting.
I will always love the 5 fireflies, what they did at their peak, who they used to be.. Lindsey’s just the only one who cares about creating anymore. He’s the backbone & the brain behind this era, and this is coming from someone who loves all three songwriters equally. He brought out the best in all of them, musically speaking of course. His arrangements & playing are the template of this lineup, the Fleetwood Mac sound. They’re a cover band without him.
I may or may not have had some Team Lindsey : Never Break The Chain shirts custom printed for my Mac fan friends and I
Old 04-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
The media used the word ' fired', I guess they just separated and both went their own way. Agreed to disagree ... LB doesn't own the band or the rights to exploit the band. So the rest of them just continued. I guess they fell as sad as he does.
I've read somewhere speculation that they band signed contracts a couple years ago for this tour so presumably they would not have been able to just agree to go their separate ways. All reports are that he did not quit and CNN says a rep for Lindsey referred all questions to the band - which obviously gives the impression that Lindsey wants it known that it was not his decision to leave without saying himself yet. His contract would have to be terminated which also may explain why the statement by the band only speaks to this upcoming tour.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Stevie Nicks could drop a Hot Carl on you, and you'd still praise her up and down.
There was absolutely nothing in that post that praised her.