Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It's shackin'up, guys - like the line from GYOW. Man, he has been away too long if you can't remember that!

ETA: Unless you're talking about some other guy I'm not familiar with. If so, my apologies to Shakin'up, whoever you may be.
Gerald (shackin'up) is a very nice guy. I remember in Dallas on the SYW tour we were trying to get him down in front so he could get closer to Lindsey. I have met some fantastic people through this board. We've had so much fun at the shows and beyond through our mutual love of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Gerald (shackin'up) is a very nice guy. I remember in Dallas on the SYW tour we were trying to get him down in front so he could get closer to Lindsey. I have met some fantastic people through this board. We've had so much fun at the shows and beyond through our mutual love of Fleetwood Mac.
He and I are FB friends. We have mutual respect and disagree on about half of the subjects we talk about. But, I like that.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's complete BS - I certainly could "stand" him. I think Johnny Stew is a great guy. It's impossible to be a moderator without pissing people off (I know that from experience), but he did his best, and he wasn't the completely unfair egomaniac you're portraying him to be. I miss him around here.
He wasn’t saying people couldn’t stand Johnny Stew, it was this kid who annoyed EVERYBODY, and never really posted much about the band, IIRC. I’d successfully repressed all memory of that kid, but he was one of the few people I ever blocked. Johnny Stew, for whatever reason, wouldn’t ban the kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I forgot about Johnny Stew. That's a blast from the past.

I miss ChiliD, SteveMac... I think Shakin'up is coming back... let's hope..
I couldn’t log on. I’ve been lurking since the technical issue was resolved. I’ve been busy the past few months moving and am now in renovating mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
They also can create multiple screen names and log in from two machines at once in their home and carry on conversations posing as two different people.
Not around here …

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-23-2018, 12:24 AM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't there another splinter group called "Threadjackers" at some point in The Ledge history?
Old 01-23-2018, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's complete BS - I certainly could "stand" him. I think Johnny Stew is a great guy. It's impossible to be a moderator without pissing people off (I know that from experience), but he did his best, and he wasn't the completely unfair egomaniac you're portraying him to be. I miss him around here.

Please, let's not turn this thread into a bash fest.
If you could comprehend my post, I SAID that JS allowed the KID to post endlessly, with no restraint. The kid should have been blocked, but JS had a thing for him. The problem was actually a combination of both of them, put together. But whatevs...

I've always known you didn't like me, Nancy. At least the feeling is mutual.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He wasn’t saying people couldn’t stand Johnny Stew, it was this kid who annoyed EVERYBODY, and never really posted much about the band, IIRC. I’d successfully repressed all memory of that kid, but he was one of the few people I ever blocked. Johnny Stew, for whatever reason, wouldn’t ban the kid.
Thank you, Stephen. I appreciate your help in explaining the problem.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If you could comprehend my post, I SAID that JS allowed the KID to post endlessly, with no restraint. The kid should have been blocked, but JS had a thing for him. The problem was actually a combination of both of them, put together. But whatevs...

I've always known you didn't like me, Nancy. At least the feeling is mutual.
I apologize for not reading your post more carefully, and realizing that while you were criticizing both, your uglier statements were directed towards someone else.

As far as whether or not I "like" you - it's true I find your posts rather unpleasant to read when they contain such insults, even when they are directed at band members rather than fellow posters. (I do not have a problem with your posts that are not ugly, I should add.) Your statement about me was yet another unpleasant read.

Still, I don't keep an "enemies list" like some here. If I think I have something to add to a conversation, I reply. If I think a post is BS, I say so. I don't check who wrote it first.

Thus, I certainly do not intentionally misread your posts, or anyone else's.

ETA: I seriously don't remember you from the "old days" - did you have a different name back then? Or did you not post as much? I don't remember us interacting back then, and that's the God's honest truth. My evaluations of your posts are all from recent years, not some ancient grudge.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-23-2018 at 08:20 AM..
Old 01-23-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I couldn’t log on. I’ve been lurking since the technical issue was resolved. I’ve been busy the past few months moving and am now in renovating mode.

Not around here …
Good to see you're back here... Familiar is good.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, what a fun trip down memory lane this has been! I've wondered for a while if anyone else around here remembers that Arizona Ranger character. I was in high school at the time, and remember him severely weirding me out.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 01-23-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Wow, what a fun trip down memory lane this has been! I've wondered for a while if anyone else around here remembers that Arizona Ranger character. I was in high school at the time, and remember him severely weirding me out.
I wish I did. There were so many peeps here...
Old 01-23-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I apologize for not reading your post more carefully, and realizing that while you were criticizing both, your uglier statements were directed towards someone else.

As far as whether or not I "like" you - it's true I find your posts rather unpleasant to read when they contain such insults, even when they are directed at band members rather than fellow posters. (I do not have a problem with your posts that are not ugly, I should add.) Your statement about me was yet another unpleasant read.

Still, I don't keep an "enemies list" like some here. If I think I have something to add to a conversation, I reply. If I think a post is BS, I say so. I don't check who wrote it first.

Thus, I certainly do not intentionally misread your posts, or anyone else's.

ETA: I seriously don't remember you from the "old days" - did you have a different name back then? Or did you not post as much? I don't remember us interacting back then, and that's the God's honest truth. My evaluations of your posts are all from recent years, not some ancient grudge.
I've been here for 15 years, and lurked a couple of years before that. I just remember that you're from (West?)Lafayette, and remember talking about Indiana schools and the like. And that you ran the BN board.

But I've just always felt some animosity towards me from you. But whatever. It really doesn't matter. Until I have to respond to something you write, concerning my posts. Have a good day.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I've been here for 15 years, and lurked a couple of years before that. I just remember that you're from (West?)Lafayette, and remember talking about Indiana schools and the like. And that you ran the BN board.

But I've just always felt some animosity towards me from you. But whatever. It really doesn't matter. Until I have to respond to something you write, concerning my posts. Have a good day.
I like your honesty. What you feel about certain band members doesn't change my opinion of them. And if I disagree with you, I'll debate.

I don't get the whole worship and do no wrong of people's favorites.

Now, repeat after me:

Christine McVie is the best musician in the world.

I will never say anything bad about Christine McVie.

Christine McVie has saved many peoples' lives and continues to make the world a better place.

Carnvial Begin is a song I don't understand; but, I love it nonetheless.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like your honesty. What you feel about certain band members doesn't change my opinion of them. And if I disagree with you, I'll debate.

I don't get the whole worship and do no wrong of people's favorites.

Now, repeat after me:

Christine McVie is the best musician in the world.

I will never say anything bad about Christine McVie.

Christine McVie has saved many peoples' lives and continues to make the world a better place.

Carnvial Begin is a song I don't understand; but, I love it nonetheless.
I can be brutally honest.

CM isn't the best musician in the world, but she's my favorite.

IF IF IF CM did in fact keep Bob Welch out of the HOF, it made me lose a decent amount of respect for her. But she's still my favorite. But I guess I've always known that you don't F*CK with CM. You'll lose. Ask Bob.

I like Carnival Begin, but it was never a favorite, like it was for many of you. I'll have to toss it in the Mystified/Only Over Ewe category....songs that I'll get in a few years...
Old 01-23-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I can be brutally honest.

CM isn't the best musician in the world, but she's my favorite.

IF IF IF CM did in fact keep Bob Welch out of the HOF, it made me lose a decent amount of respect for her. But she's still my favorite. But I guess I've always known that you don't F*CK with CM. You'll lose. Ask Bob.

I like Carnival Begin, but it was never a favorite, like it was for many of you. I'll have to toss it in the Mystified/Only Over Ewe category....songs that I'll get in a few years...
Sigh.. I need to fix your humor chip.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sigh.. I need to fix your humor chip.
Bring it. I'm waiting...