User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
I think Stevie was honestly already committed to the idea of recording another solo album before all this Christine business.

If they still can't get Stevie to record, out of desperation they could always mention in an interview that Stevie refuses to work with with them and it's her fault there's no new Mac album then just let the media and the fans guilt trip her into recording.

Obviously the quality wouldn't be there, but it would still be a FM record featuring Stevie Nicks.

I wouldn't want that though. I wish Stevie could find some inspiration for Fleetwood Mac. Their late 70s/80s sound is VERY in right now in certain aspects of pop music. If Stevie could just find that passion for the band, they could do some brilliant stuff (and maybe land some Grammy nods).

I'm optimistic though. The band's phrasing still makes it seem like Stevie's still on board, they're just waiting for her to get done with prior engagements - - not that they're unsure if she'll even do anything at all with them.
Exactly!!! I don't know why people are having such a hard time with the concept of Stevie having planned a solo record BEFORE it was known that Christine's return was true...Consider this..If Mick knew that Stevie was still against recording with FM don't you think Mick would have used that opportunity to take a shot at Stevie in the press when they were interviewed recently...Where's Stevie? Mick: "Stevie feels it's more important to be working on a solo record instead of the first Fleetwood Mac record in 27 years where all 5 are together again"...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-03-2014 at 07:20 PM..
Old 05-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know if it happened there too, but there were several posts here deleted last night, mainly directed at Christine and her fans i think. my understanding is that was because of
The user was calling the so-called "anti-Stevie" people idiots and jackasses, talking about how stupid we are for paying for the tickets, while saying stuff like how we can't wait for drama queen/diva Stevie to die. Paraphrasing, of course. I responded to that user before his rants were deleted. People!
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Exactly!!! I don't know why people are having such a hard time with the concept of Stevie having planned a solo record BEFORE it was known that Christine's return was true...
It's not a hard concept to grasp, there's just no evidence that that's the case. Although, Stevie certainly talked about working with Dave again, she never indicated anything was actually in the works. On the horizon, but not on the schedule. She's done quite a lot of interviews in the last months too.
Michele
Old 05-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's not a hard concept to grasp, there's just no evidence that that's the case. Although, Stevie certainly talked about working with Dave again, she never indicated anything was actually in the works. On the horizon, but not on the schedule. She's done quite a lot of interviews in the last months too.
Michele
A while back she said she still writing with Dave, sending him stuff
Obviously they had 15 songs completely worked out before they went into the studio.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Mick is in Maui Now
Are you sure?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...s-Angeles.html

I'm going to Maui on Friday. I'll stop into his place, if he's there I'll ask some good questions.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Oh, come on. They were MUCH more thoughtful. Lindsey was considerate enough to think about it and suggest that if she wanted it to 'flow' out over the whole area than the mantle would be more suitable than in the doorway!
it always sounded to me like Lindsey said "you can put it in YOUR area" i.e., her room where she ended up putting up her art and hanging out when not needed (she did some of her interviews there in the doc… like when she was talking about everyone wanting all of Lindsey's dreams to come true) or on the mantel (maybe it was Mick who mentioned the mantel I forget)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Here Is I'm A Jazz Man

http://www.itemvn.com/song/?s=C0221FEC8E

You Can Listen To It And You Can Tell It Is A Family Man Remix
thanks for posting.

One word: ugh. Cheesy elevator music. And I actually don't mind the album version of Family Man. Like the acoustic guitar bits on it. Oy.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Family Man is one of the worst songs Fleetwood Mac ever recorded, right there with WISYA. Its placement on the Very Best of Fleetwood Mac is inexplicable.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Registered

Family Man is alright but I Cant STAND the Remixes

I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM

I just want to yell "NO LINDSEY YOU'RE NOT"
Old 05-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think to be fair to Steve - it has been mentioned in some of Stevie's threads that she was still most likely in contract to record at least one more album, and that very well could be the case. And look how she IS handling it with all the FM buzz - she's getting it recorded so fast so she could probably do a quick mini tour (a-la Bella Donna) so she can rush back into FM this fall with the tour, and then getting the album finished in the meantime.

I think that's a perfectly logical excuse for why she isn't "involved" with the FM machine just yet. Would you want to be promoting FM up and down when you're about to release a solo album that you need to be promoting instead?

I am sure that she has also discussed this extensively with the band and they need to give her the time to fulfill her other duties that she had planned, and that she is rerouting HER schedule to finish up her projects - she probably had planned to spend this entire year doing her solo album and tour, and Christine coming back changed all those plans.

Also - it was well documented during the IYD interviews that she was SO happy with Dave Stewart and his producing that she had set in her mind that Dave was going to help produce songs for FM, and with all the songs she has written in the studio these past couple weeks, indicates that she will more than likely transfer the leftovers to FM where Lindsay can make his tweaks as necessary. Seems like a crappy way to go about recording with your band, but maybe she'll only bring a couple of those songs to the fold.

Either way, I think all the Stevie-bashing really needs to stop and let her do what she needs to do. This is not at all any different from how she worked in the 80's between FM and Solo. Everything will work out as it always has, she always sees her commitments through, solo and FM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
I think to be fair to Steve - it has been mentioned in some of Stevie's threads that she was still most likely in contract to record at least one more album, and that very well could be the case. And look how she IS handling it with all the FM buzz - she's getting it recorded so fast so she could probably do a quick mini tour (a-la Bella Donna) so she can rush back into FM this fall with the tour, and then getting the album finished in the meantime.

I think that's a perfectly logical excuse for why she isn't "involved" with the FM machine just yet. Would you want to be promoting FM up and down when you're about to release a solo album that you need to be promoting instead?

I am sure that she has also discussed this extensively with the band and they need to give her the time to fulfill her other duties that she had planned, and that she is rerouting HER schedule to finish up her projects - she probably had planned to spend this entire year doing her solo album and tour, and Christine coming back changed all those plans.

Also - it was well documented during the IYD interviews that she was SO happy with Dave Stewart and his producing that she had set in her mind that Dave was going to help produce songs for FM, and with all the songs she has written in the studio these past couple weeks, indicates that she will more than likely transfer the leftovers to FM where Lindsay can make his tweaks as necessary. Seems like a crappy way to go about recording with your band, but maybe she'll only bring a couple of those songs to the fold.

Either way, I think all the Stevie-bashing really needs to stop and let her do what she needs to do. This is not at all any different from how she worked in the 80's between FM and Solo. Everything will work out as it always has, she always sees her commitments through, solo and FM.
True and Stevie is 66. When is she supposed to make another solo album - when she is 70. All the stuff that Fleetwood Mac is going to do takes a lot of time.

Besides I think Stevie already gave Fleetwood Mac some songs. One of them is called Hit and Run.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post

As far as we know she has not committed to this album yet. She's just committed to the tour. Those of us who are skeptical of her motives are going by the evidence. There's no evidence that she's made any plans to record with FM or that she's only absent because she had prior commitments. Those are rationalizations not based on any evidence because you want to believe everything is fine. Now, could they be true, sure, but there's no evidence of it to this point. There is more evidence that points to her lack of cooperation. I think if things were fine and everything on schedule regarding Stevie we'd have heard it from SOMEONE and we haven't.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-03-2014 at 09:24 PM..
Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

forgive me if this point has already been made, I think the timeframe in we the fans think all of these projects will occur is way way off in terms of what will actually happen in reality.

I don't see any label behind the new Stevie album being happy doing a quick release and a quick tour. Nor do I see Stevie being happy with that approach. I think she is going to finish it up and shelve it until AFTER the mac tour in the fall.

Late 2014 through Summer 2015 will be the big solo album push and tour and then january/february 2016 will be back in the studio to finish the mac album with a big release and tour to start that summer. Much like TISL. She toured all summer and went back into the mac in january.

Mick and Lindsey probably have not said much in the press regarding Stevie's absence because they know they still have a TON of time, especially if the actual release date is 2016 or early 2017. They are probably approaching this as a great advantage to get Christine back into the fold both playing live and getting comfortable in the studio without a mad dash / deadline to have to deal with.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I forgot to mention....I think Stevie feels strongly about having those three year gaps between Fleetwood Mac events/tours. Even with the new development of Chris being back in the band, I would be willing to bet she still put her foot down and said..."we were just out last year and we are going out this fall with Chris. By contract, I need to fill an album obligation, I'll take a year and half to tour and promote that. Let's push the album back to 2016/2017 even though all of you have a big head start on it"

That's just my two cents.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
True and Stevie is 66. When is she supposed to make another solo album - when she is 70. All the stuff that Fleetwood Mac is going to do takes a lot of time.

Besides I think Stevie already gave Fleetwood Mac some songs. One of them is called Hit and Run.
isn't Hit and Run and oldie? I recall hearing about that years ago (and I thought it was a Christine song, but…. it could be the alzheimer's talking -- mine, that is)