User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
The Fleetwood Mac name would sell more than Lindsey Buckingham. Those two are not on equal ground. It would also sell more than a Stevie Nicks album at this point.
A FM album without Stevie would not sell more than a Stevie album.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
A FM album without Stevie would not sell more than a Stevie album.
And the last FM record without Stevie sold how many copies???
Old 09-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
And the last FM record without Stevie sold how many copies???
Stevie not being on "Time" isn't the sole reason for its failure. There were too many new people with that album . . . and that was just at the label. Mo Ostin and Lenny Waronker, who both firmly prioritized Fleetwood Mac for years, left Warner Music in August, 1994. The new bean counters didn't have that loyalty, and promoted the band accordingly.

Of course, the band expecting fans to warm up to a new lineup most didn't know was a little much to ask. That was a major part of their history between 1967-74, but the game had changed by 1995. Although, to be fair to the band, it's not like "Out of the Cradle" or "Street Angel" amounted to much in the way of sales. If Stevie had been involved, "Time" would have gone from being a miserable failure to a slightly less miserable failure.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac must feel the same way, or they would release an album without Stevie.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Registered

Kind sad she spent the first have of the year until July 5th with her dog who was dying
Old 09-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Kind sad she spent the first have of the year until July 5th with her dog who was dying
instead of recording with FM. yeah.

it's pretty clear that she doesn't want to "like record that album like why would she like". there will always be some reason or another why, as has been since 2008.

FM should move on and put album out without her.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Everytime I see those gloves I think of someone with carpal tunnel.. lol
Old 09-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Oh no.Thats sad.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie not being on "Time" isn't the sole reason for its failure. There were too many new people with that album . . . and that was just at the label. Mo Ostin and Lenny Waronker, who both firmly prioritized Fleetwood Mac for years, left Warner Music in August, 1994. The new bean counters didn't have that loyalty, and promoted the band accordingly.

Of course, the band expecting fans to warm up to a new lineup most didn't know was a little much to ask. That was a major part of their history between 1967-74, but the game had changed by 1995. Although, to be fair to the band, it's not like "Out of the Cradle" or "Street Angel" amounted to much in the way of sales. If Stevie had been involved, "Time" would have gone from being a miserable failure to a slightly less miserable failure.
I like Time.They did not give enough time to catch on."Pun intended".
the 1987 tour and the 1990 outing with the two new boys in the band did great but I miss Lindsey .The Mac had its share of its employment issues like your local shops or warehouses where there is a revolving door an a continuous stream of people that quit/fired going out and new hires are coming in. .Today with FM and including now .If they"The Mac"Demanded Stevie to record .She should go and do it .Its her employer .Employment insubordination .Any of us try to delay or not obey orders from our employer and end up getting demoted or get FIRED.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-21-2016, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I like Time.They did not give enough time to catch on."Pun intended".
the 1987 tour and the 1990 outing with the two new boys in the band did great but I miss Lindsey .The Mac had its share of its employment issues like your local shops or warehouses where there is a revolving door an a continuous stream of people that quit/fired going out and new hires are coming in. .Today with FM and including now .If they"The Mac"Demanded Stevie to record .She should go and do it .Its her employer .Employment insubordination .Any of us try to delay or not obey orders from our employer and end up getting demoted or get FIRED.
That's just silly. FM is not Stevie's "employer".
Old 12-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

L. A. Music Blog December 14th, 2016 Zein Khleif

http://lamusicblog.com/2016/12/news/...cks-the-forum/

SHOW PREVIEW: STEVIE NICKS @ THE FORUM
The 24 Karat Gold Tour is in full swing!

The “Reigning Queen of Rock and Roll,” Stevie Nicks, will be gracing The Forum’s stage on Sunday, December 18th. The 24 Karat Gold Tour, which just grew by another 25 dates, has Nicks and special guests The Pretenders traveling across the United States (with a stop in Vancouver) until April 2017.
Originally making her name with Fleetwood Mac in 1975, the “Landslide” singer launched her solo career in the early 1980s. She has released eight solo albums and has collectively sold 140 million records to date. Her most recent LP, 2014’s 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault, features 14 tracks — all re-recorded from unreleased demos spanning the entirety of her career. That’s over 30 years worth of perspective on songs about love, loss, and healing.

The longevity of her career in such a finicky business truly astounds me. Very few artists have had as much success, over as much time, as Stevie Nicks. Her raspy voice and iconic style have been receiving rave reviews by journalists and fans alike.

I’m wholly upset that I’ll be out of town during her LA show (if only I hadn’t purchased my non-refundable holiday air fare!). But knowing Nicks is still the same passionate, mysterious, and vibrant musician that I grew up listening to gives me hope that I’ll witness her greatness at a later date down the road.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am torn. I think she should record with the band for Christine. And Christine should talk to Lindsey about making this enjoyable for Stevie. That includes being respectful of how she wants her songs to sound. That seemed to be the major contention. If she can get her songs like she wants them, I think she can record. She still has a lot of demos to use - more than she needs for SFTV, II.

But I do agree that she did put this tour on hold for FM and so we should remember that.