The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For what it's worth, I was not attempting to "troll" or stir up negativity with my comments - I was simply reacting to what I observed whilst watching Stevie's latest tv appearance. I thought she looked great (for her age) on AGT and Ellen so was ill-prepared for her appearance last night. Just in a matter of days (between Ellen and the Late, Late Show) she went from looking radiant to, shall we say, less than radiant (in my opinion, of course).
None of this really matters anyway and if you re-read my previous post, I was actually commenting more on the lighting. I maintain there was a drastic difference between how well-lit she was on Ellen and the harsh lighting of last night's interview. Once again, she's 68 and I actually don't place any real value in her appearance, but I believe she does and that she would have perhaps been disappointed watching the interview segment back. Remember, we're talking about a woman who has had extensive cosmetic surgery, all manner of fillers, hair extensions and generally only wears black due to self-esteem issues surrounding her weight (which by the way I've never understood - I like her with a bit of meat on).
I did find her interview comments and interactions last night to be embarrassing and not in the least amusing, but that's just my opinion once again. She seemed kind of gormless and smug - not a winning combination in my book. However, I seem to be in the minority regarding how she acquitted herself, which ultimately is entirely subjective. I guess I just don't feel the need to kiss her arse on all occasions...
I did enjoy the performance of "Leather & Lace", particularly with the girls' harmonies, as I've always preferred the 1981 live version to the released duet. It's a shame she tends to favour bellowing instead of subtlety these days, but you can't have everything. (Did I spy that evil vocal coach on the couch of her dressing room? Unfortunately, he seems to be a permanent fixture these days.)
Old 10-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Wow that lighting was not flattering to Stevie during the interview segments. She looked so old and haggard, reminiscent of Johnny Cash (12 months after he'd died). More disturbing was her lacklustre interaction with the guests. It mystifies that she still doesn't realise that "her stories" are neither interesting nor funny. She made me cringe.
Oh and I don't know much about Taylor Launter but it's pretty obvious he must be gay. Stevie's comments about why he would be interested in The Bachelor were not particularly perceptive my dears...

I thought the lighting during the song performance was much less flattering than the interview segment. Her eyes looked very dark, almost like a raccoon. But in either setting she is nowhere close to appearing how Johnny Cash looked during his last days or beyond!!! Actually in the interview portion she looked pretty. To me it's not so much what Stevie says, but it's more in the hippie chic kind of way she says it that I gravitate to.

I thought the performance was really good, even though it did start off kind of shaky. No one can deny that Stevie is a rock icon and deserves the praise that she gets. Why? Because she's written so many excellent songs, inspired so many different people in all walks of life, and has stood the test of time. She's survived on a personal, artistic, and commercial level! I'll always respect her for that!

Thanks for the video Skip! I saw it here first!!

Last edited by jwd; 10-07-2016 at 08:08 PM..
Old 10-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So cool to see her have a conversation! God, what a kook though lol.

Great show for her! Looked good, sounded good, excellent song choice! I like that she brought out the full band.

James Corden seems alright! I think I might like the show - neat format to bring everyone into a single conversation, kind of like Chelsea Handler has been doing. Wonder if he does that all the time. Zach G. is also one of my favorites, I enjoyed watching his expressions. "Oh, a new album? A new album!!" I think he truly did feel left out a couple of times lol.

Marylin Martin just looks great on stage too. Fits right in. : )

So enjoyed watching this. Thanks Skip and Danielle for the download links, I wish I had more HD space.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
Interesting comments about Moonlight, because I'm sure she's said before she was ready to record in 2005 but her label said hold on. Now she says she thought her songwriter well had dried up until that song came along and she wrote a whole album around it.

Yeah, she thought it was "the end" she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Wow! Did we watch the same video?

I thought it was a great interview! She looked gorgeous! And, oh my God! The "Down With The Clown" song was hilarious!

Like most television performances, she started off shaky with "Leather And Lace" but by the time the first verse ended, she got comfortable, stopped "yell singing" and settled into the song. She did a great job and like JohnL said, the vocal blend with Sharon and Marilyn was quite lovely!
Yes! That down with the clown business was a trip. I love that band though, and how they took it and ran with it, and played into the break with it.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Note to self...

If I become a rock star - don't read fan forums!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point, would it be safe to assume that "Leather & Lace" will be included in the 24 Karat Gold Tour Set List?
Old 10-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
At this point, would it be safe to assume that "Leather & Lace" will be included in the 24 Karat Gold Tour Set List?
Maybe? Stevie's notorious for promoting tours by going on talk shows and merely performing her "greatest hits", as we all know. So who knows? I don't think she has done it live since the "Two Voices" tour with Don Henley. I don't know why the band would rehearse it and Marilyn learn her harmony in order to ONLY perform it for James Corden's show...so you're probably right that we'll see it in the set list for the 24KG tour.

I'm really hoping for "Down With The Clown", though!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
For what it's worth, I was not attempting to "troll" or stir up negativity with my comments - I was simply reacting to what I observed whilst watching Stevie's latest tv appearance. I thought she looked great (for her age) on AGT and Ellen so was ill-prepared for her appearance last night. Just in a matter of days (between Ellen and the Late, Late Show) she went from looking radiant to, shall we say, less than radiant (in my opinion, of course).
None of this really matters anyway and if you re-read my previous post, I was actually commenting more on the lighting. I maintain there was a drastic difference between how well-lit she was on Ellen and the harsh lighting of last night's interview. Once again, she's 68 and I actually don't place any real value in her appearance, but I believe she does and that she would have perhaps been disappointed watching the interview segment back. Remember, we're talking about a woman who has had extensive cosmetic surgery, all manner of fillers, hair extensions and generally only wears black due to self-esteem issues surrounding her weight (which by the way I've never understood - I like her with a bit of meat on).
I did find her interview comments and interactions last night to be embarrassing and not in the least amusing, but that's just my opinion once again. She seemed kind of gormless and smug - not a winning combination in my book. However, I seem to be in the minority regarding how she acquitted herself, which ultimately is entirely subjective. I guess I just don't feel the need to kiss her arse on all occasions...
I did enjoy the performance of "Leather & Lace", particularly with the girls' harmonies, as I've always preferred the 1981 live version to the released duet. It's a shame she tends to favour bellowing instead of subtlety these days, but you can't have everything. (Did I spy that evil vocal coach on the couch of her dressing room? Unfortunately, he seems to be a permanent fixture these days.)
I found her comments and interactions to be embarrassing too.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres the complete show via Dailymotion.These are from the Mediafire backups that I posted earlier.

stephanie on tv 10062016 seg1 by wppcproductions

stephanie on tv 10062016 seg2 by wppcproductions

stephanie on tv 10062016 seg3 by wppcproductions

stephanie on tv 10062016 seg4 by wppcproductions

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just watched the entire segment from beginning to end on my tv. I thought it was fun conversation they were all having. I thought Stevie was engaging, funny, and sweet. That's my honest opinion. I wish she'd do more shows like this, where she gets to talk and interact with others.
I hope those who were "embarrassed" learn from this show not to waste their time anymore on further tv appearances Stevie has in the future.

Jamie
Old 10-08-2016, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I just watched the entire segment from beginning to end on my tv. I thought it was fun conversation they were all having. I thought Stevie was engaging, funny, and sweet. That's my honest opinion. I wish she'd do more shows like this, where she gets to talk and interact with others.
I hope those who were "embarrassed" learn from this show not to waste their time anymore on further tv appearances Stevie has in the future.

Jamie
I agree.I like James's format.I rather see her out then sitting in the green room .

Old 10-08-2016, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My source came through with a better copy as always.Thanks Pete.

Stephanie on tv 10062016 ver2 by wppcproductions

Backup as always.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0888cw...62016_ver2.mp4

Old 10-08-2016, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post

So...I say to the moderators and your policy about how you can insult the members of the band but not the members of the board...you need to take a second look at that because that is just wrong.
The policy about not insulting other members of the board will not be changing.

Michele
Old 10-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Reggie Watts, Lead of the Late Late show House Band Talks about Stevie ]

Fansided by Isaac Biehl 10/7/2016

http://fansided.com/2016/10/07/reggi...ow-vr-netflix/

FS: Do you have any other favorite moments from The Late Late Show so far?

Watts: I mean we had Stevie Nicks on yesterday. That was definitely one of my favorite moments. She just sounded incredible. It was really cool to hear her, she sounds great.