The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah and then those albums didn't sell which I doubt put her in a good mood. What happened to Dave Stewart anyways? I saw someone point it out, what happened to him? She raved and raved about how working with him was the best thing that ever happened to her, best year of her life, she only wants to have him produce etc etc. He always tweeted updates on her and everything and now what happened?

I think some people are too far up Stevie's ass. And anyone who thinks she doesn't really care about records selling is delusional. That plays a huge role in her not having motivation. Her whole attitude towards the music industry now is very cynical. She even said she doesn't write as many songs anymore. All those things coming together just made her lose interest in a desire to actually create something new. She needs to stop blaming everything on everything and everyone else and just say that in the end, it all comes down to her. How she's looking at everything, how she's perceiving everything.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
she needs to be let go .

she will not record anything new with them , but she is perfectly ok with taking 100's of dollars from fans to sing the same old songs , and trowing in one she retied 20 years ago is her gift to us that's Bull $H!!T
Indeed.....
Old 03-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default say

How often do you listen to last fleetwood cd? I never do.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Yeah and then those albums didn't sell which I doubt put her in a good mood. What happened to Dave Stewart anyways? I saw someone point it out, what happened to him? She raved and raved about how working with him was the best thing that ever happened to her, best year of her life, she only wants to have him produce etc etc. He always tweeted updates on her and everything and now what happened?
If I remember well someone on this board that allegedly has access to Stevie's close info said a few months ago that Dave Stewart wasn't her producer anymore and she was in contact with someone else but I don't know if it's (still) true.
However I have to say that the other things they said then proved to be true.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If I remember well someone on this board that allegedly has access to Stevie's close info said a few months ago that Dave Stewart wasn't her producer anymore and she was in contact with someone else but I don't know if it's (still) true.
However I have to say that the other things they said then proved to be true.
Hmm. Wonder what happened. They were like match made in heaven. Maybe she'd think things would sell better with a diff producer?
Old 03-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm predicting Dave will work on her next solo release with her either later this year or early next.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
I always choose to think that when she now talks about making touring money with Fleetwood Mac, she is speaking as someone who wants to make sure that Mick and John are getting fresh cash in their piggy banks every few years. I think it's now only out of a sense of loyalty and care for John and Mick that she would even consider another 135 shows at 70 years of age. Fire away.
I agree with you, I don't think she meant it as make tons of money for ME but for John and Mick ....who probably are in more need of it. I think her point is that why should we (as a group) waste time at our age making records when its a financially better solution and more fun to tour
Old 03-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm predicting Dave will work on her next solo release with her either later this year or early next.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I'm having trouble understanding her answer to the "you chose not to participate" question. Is she saying they should've given Stevie her two years off after giving Christine 16 years off? (Though I guess it's a moot point because in the next answer she says she wouldn't record an album anyway?)

Stevie whisperers please
I took that comment to mean she's out of the loop with the band, since she's been focused on her tour since before September. But I can also see your interpretation that since Christine had 16 years away, she was confused why they couldn't give her 2 years to do her thing.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think her comment is odd about spending two weeks with her family during the holidays and "how it was was long and emotionally difficult"....wtf?

Her niece was three weeks away from giving birth to baby Roman, she should have been excited and thrilled like the rest of her family....I dont even know what to think about that comment.... perhaps it was "superhard" because Jess was getting all the attention from everyone?

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I mean imagine holidays being stressful for families... never happens, right? Lol! But I love the idea that Stevie was unhappy she wasn't getting enough attention while her niece was pregnant! I bet while her niece was in labor, Stevie was performing in the hospital cafeteria, or having herself paged over the intercom "Stevie Nicks, line 2...Stevie Nicks, line 2."
Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Um, how does anybody know that the holidays were hard for Stevie because of her niece and the delivery of the baby? I love how people are so hard on Stevie for everything she does or doesn't do.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She was so desperate for attention while her niece was in labor, Stevie would run from room to room in the hospital yelling "Rooms on Fire!"
Old 03-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Disgusting attitude: "I don't understand their premise" What, the premise, that we wrote a dozen songs and asked you to contribute, but you didn't , and we wrote great songs - so we're gonna put them out?

What a liar, she understand their premise perfectly well, she just doesn't respect it, or them, clearly.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps the fact it's called "Buckingham Mcvie" pisses her off? Maybe she feels that is a direct dig at her for not contributing to the album and she's pissed?