The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hunting, Meat & Animal Control (relocated thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
She has tons of new fans, but new fans are young fans and they don't buy stuff, they download it illegally.
Bingo. Thats why she 's pissed off with the internet.I cant blame her for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yeah, I hate that man, I'm not a fanatic activist but I think we all should be more considerate about our surroundings and this man exudes ignorance. After that article I've read on another that he justifies hunt for feeding reasons but I can't see how this poor lion can be necessary as a food.
I glad that I never picked that up as a hobby.I rather go to the supermarket and get my meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Since In Your Dreams, I have noticed that Stevie has lost a lot of fans. Before the album was release I think the Seven Wonders website went under. It didn't make sense. A new album after a 10 year of hiatus should of made that website hopping. I am still noticing a decrease from In Your Dreams to 24 Karat and I'm not sure I understand why. After everything she has done the last 5 years, she should of tons of fans.
I have to consider some of her older fans like me and older are going to heaven as the nice way of saying it.Thats like other older artists or bands.

Or the other reason.Some fans give up on their favorite artists.

I'm glad to see the younger generations are enjoying her.I know I always enjoyed the music my parents enjoyed which would be the 1930 's 1940's and 1950's.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-27-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Before the album was release I think the Seven Wonders website went under. It didn't make sense. A new album after a 10 year of hiatus should of made that website hopping.
I am a new fan, and I became one around the time right before the In your dreams album release.
I have to say that even if I've heard about this site I've never found it. I think old sites that tend to get stagnant with no new activities aren't appealing to new fans and they either totally reinvent themselves, like Nicksfix did now, or shut down.

Quote:
I have to consider some of her older fans like me and older are going to heaven as the nice way of saying it.Thats like other older artists or bands.

Or the other reason.Some fans give up on their favorite artists.

I'm glad to see the younger generations are enjoying her.I know I always enjoyed the music my parents enjoyed which would be the 1930 's 1940's and 1950's.
If I refer to my parents'tastes, usually the more people age, the more their taste in music become strict and repetitive and they want to listen always to the same things, their favourite things.
Even new albums from their favourite artists, or best especially those, are interesting to them because "They'll never reach their peak again like in (insert masterpiece album name of any band)"

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-27-2015 at 01:30 PM..
Old 01-27-2015, 04:32 PM

Slash, Ted Nugent and Queen Lead Ultimate Classic Rock Awards
by Nick DeRiso January 27, 2015 2:53 PM

With three weeks of voting in the books, and one still to go, Slash, Ted Nugent and Queen are emerging as frontrunners in fan voting for the 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards. Everything could change between now and the Feb. 3 deadline — but that’s up to you.
Here’s what we know so far: Slash is lapping the other nominees in Artist of the Year balloting. He’s garnered 52 percent of the votes, while Ace Frehley and AC/DC — now tracking in second and third place, respectively — have a combined 25 percent. Slash’s ‘World on Fire‘ is also edging Nugent’s ‘Shut Up & Jam,’ 33 to 29 percent, among Album of the Year voters. Nugent’s ‘Everything Matters‘ is on top the Song of the Year ballot.
Queen’s ‘Live at the Rainbow ’74‘ has been the runaway leader among Live Album or Video of the Year candidates, while Queen and Adam Lambert are ahead in Tour of the Year voting, as well. Verizon’s use of the Queen favorite ‘I Want It All‘ in a 2014 spot holds a commanding lead among the Commercial of the Year nominees.
Here’s the full list of frontrunners …

ARTIST OF THE YEAR:
Slash (in second, Ace Frehley)
ALBUM OF THE YEAR:
Slash, ‘World on Fire’ (in second, Ted Nugent, ‘Shut Up & Jam’)
TOUR OF THE YEAR:
Queen + Adam Lambert (in second, Foreigner / Styx / Don Felder)
SONG OF THE YEAR:
Ted Nugent, ‘Everything Matters’ (in second, AC/DC, ‘Rock or Bust’)
REISSUE OF THE YEAR:
Led Zeppelin Reissues (in second, ‘Rush‘ [40th Anniversary])
LIVE ALBUM/DVD OF THE YEAR:
Queen, ‘Live at the Rainbow ’74′ (in second, Guns N’ Roses, ‘Appetite for Democracy 3D’)
COMMERCIAL OF THE YEAR:
Queen, ‘I Want It All,’ Verizon (in second, Motley Crue, ‘Kickstart My Heart,’ Dodge)

The nominees for the 2014 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards were selected by the editors and writers of UCR. Voting ends Feb. 3, 2015, at 9AM ET. You can vote once per hour, so come back often to make sure your favorite wins …

Read More: Slash, Ted Nugent and Queen Lead Ultimate Classic Rock Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ultim...ckback=tsmclip
Old 01-31-2015, 10:27 AM

How the **** have Stevie regressed at 9% ?
AC/DC are about to surpass her...
Old 01-31-2015, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well considering a considerable majority of male rock fans today are misogynistic ***** this comes as no surprise...
Old 02-03-2015, 02:21 PM

Slash Wins Album and Artist of the Year Ultimate Classic Rock Awards
by Dave Lifton February 3, 2015 1:10 PM

Slash’s devotion to no-nonsense rock ’n roll has resonated with our readers. The guitarist has won the two most prestigious 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards: Artist of the Year and Album of the Year.
On the strength of his 2014 LP ‘World on Fire’ and the Let Rock Rule tour, in which he opened up for Aerosmith, Slash received 44.5 percent of the vote for Artist of the Year. Ace Frehley, whose ‘Space Invader’ album was his first since 2009, came in second with 14 percent and AC/DC (almost 10 percent) wasn’t too far behind in third place.
In the Album of the Year category, ‘World on Fire’ grabbed 36.5 percent. Slash faced a strong challenge from Ted Nugent, who picked up 27 percent for ’Shut Up & Jam.’ For third place, Stevie Nicks’ ‘24 Karat Gold — Songs From the Vault’ (nearly 10 percent) fought off AC/DC’s ‘Rock or Bust.’ You can see the complete results of both polls below.
Slash’s Let Rock Rule tour finished in third place in the Tour of the Year category, getting almost five percent of the vote. The top award went to Queen + Adam Lambert’s first tour of North America. Queen took home three awards altogether. They also won 2014′s Live Album / Video of the Year and Commercial of the Year.
Congratulations to Slash on his two Ultimate Classic Rock Awards!

Read More: Slash Wins Album and Artist of the Year UCR Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash...ckback=tsmclip