The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

News reports of the official cause of her death are brining back a lot of the pain, the grief feels fresh for me tonight as I type this. And to add to this the rather seedy reporting of her finances/taxes (which I think should NOT be shared with the world)—that leaves me even sadder. Is that what is left? Discussions of money? It all feels so...diminishing. Knowing how and why she died is one thing. Learning there’s an outstanding tax bill is another...
Old 04-04-2023, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I'm not sure I'd say John and Mick were 'hanging out' after Chris died... They were grieving together.
Point being that they were together after Christine died, which was in response to the idea that John would never forgive Mick and Stevie for what happened in 2018.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-05-2023, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Point being that they were together after Christine died, which was in response to the idea that John would never forgive Mick and Stevie for what happened in 2018.
Well that's true. I don't think John was holding any grudges about that.

--Lis
Old 04-05-2023, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Well that's true. I don't think John was holding any grudges about that.

--Lis
EVEN THOUGH Stevie ruined the legacy of the band.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
EVEN THOUGH Stevie ruined the legacy of the band.
I suspect John holds significantly more bitterness about the Munich military brats dosing Peter Green than Lindsey getting sacked.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-05-2023, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I suspect John holds significantly more bitterness about the Munich military brats dosing Peter Green than Lindsey getting sacked.
True statement!

Also, John was not pleased when Bob Welch left. Even when the band became a huge success, he felt ambivalent about what they then were. In 1977, when RS profiled the band, John was interviewed on his yacht/boat, where he was living at the time. He said he was perfectly happy with how the band was faring BEFORE 1975.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:25 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chri...184908413.html
Old 04-05-2023, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
True statement!

Also, John was not pleased when Bob Welch left. Even when the band became a huge success, he felt ambivalent about what they then were. In 1977, when RS profiled the band, John was interviewed on his yacht/boat, where he was living at the time. He said he was perfectly happy with how the band was faring BEFORE 1975.
That says a lot about who he is. Stevie and Mick are the polar opposites of that.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That says a lot about who he is. Stevie and Mick are the polar opposites of that.
Homer, consider letting go of the need to mention your hatred of Mick and Stevie in every response you make. It makes your posts less repetitious when you don’t post the same thing every time.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would suspect that John (and all the Brits) understood that Stevie and Lindsey had a complicated relationship that pre-dates joining FM, and they have seen that dynamic play out for DECADES now. So while they may have opinions and feelings about tampering with the band's lineup so late in the game, they would also understand (better than most other bands) the challenges of working with an ex and how the old baggage never really goes away. So John I would think would likely have looked at what happened as being between Stevie and Lindsey and he wasn't going to wade into the middle of that sh*tshow....He probably took a pragmatic approach like, ok how do we meet our obligations to do all these shows we've signed contracts to do so we don't get sued and so I still get paid...

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-05-2023 at 08:51 PM..
Old 04-05-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I would suspect that John (and all the Brits) understood that Stevie and Lindsey had a complicated relationship that pre-dates joining FM, and they have seen that dynamic play out for DECADES now. So while they may have opinions and feelings about tampering with the band's lineup so late in the game, they would also understand (better than most other bands) the challenges of working with an ex and how the old baggage never really goes away. So John I would think would likely have looked at as what happened was between Stevie and Lindsey and he wasn't going to wade into the middle of that sh*tshow....He probably took a pragmatic approach like, ok how do we meet our obligations to do all these shows we've signed contracts to do so we don't get sued and so I still get paid...
Couldn't agree more. He wasn't overly fond of their drama to begin with, let alone later in the years.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
News reports of the official cause of her death are brining back a lot of the pain, the grief feels fresh for me tonight as I type this. And to add to this the rather seedy reporting of her finances/taxes (which I think should NOT be shared with the world)—that leaves me even sadder. Is that what is left? Discussions of money? It all feels so...diminishing. Knowing how and why she died is one thing. Learning there’s an outstanding tax bill is another...
What year did Chris sell her songs to the Man? Maybe her tax bill is a result of that — maybe her accountant fully expected to have to settle up.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-05-2023, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Homer, consider letting go of the need to mention your hatred of Mick and Stevie in every response you make. It makes your posts less repetitious when you don’t post the same thing every time.
When you start paying my mortgage, you can start telling me what to do. Until that happens, STFU.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Also, Christine’s final live performance was in February of 2020 in England at the Peter Green tribute concert thing. It’s kind of poetic that Christine’s final performance was back to her old English blues roots.
Yeah, that was really something, especially looking at it in retrospect. She played and sang “Stop Messin’ Round,” yes? And wasn’t that the track that Chris put her piano on for the very first time on a Fleetwood Mac album? It’s almost a bit spooky.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-05-2023, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
What year did Chris sell her songs to the Man? Maybe her tax bill is a result of that — maybe her accountant fully expected to have to settle up.
someone in the uk explained it better in either this thread or in the Christine forum thread... but over a certain amount ..s something like £320,000 the UK gov't taxes estates/inheritances at 40% or almost half. So the estate is facing a tax bill for the inheritance unless they can do whatever they need to do to protect that money or else have to pay that huge portion to the taxman. That's why there are taxes listed and the amount is so high.