Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2023, 07:25 AM

Default In the meantime

https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/p/c...PM1W0wL6_NmXLw
Old 04-10-2023, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Does anyone know the hidden meaning of the album? She was so hush hush about it and refused to tell. Regardless of the hidden meaning, its a perfect title for someone that was away from the business for many years. But she said that was not the meaning and would never say. We may never know but maybe someone has an idea? I was always curious because she seemed to get defensive about knowing the meaning behind the title.
Old 04-10-2023, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Does anyone know the hidden meaning of the album? She was so hush hush about it and refused to tell. Regardless of the hidden meaning, its a perfect title for someone that was away from the business for many years. But she said that was not the meaning and would never say. We may never know but maybe someone has an idea? I was always curious because she seemed to get defensive about knowing the meaning behind the title.
I don't know either. I've only heard her say the title was personal to her, and that some of the songs were written about a chap she was seeing, and 'then fell out with the chap'...but that's about it.

--Lis

Last edited by Penguin Emeritus; 04-11-2023 at 09:23 AM..
Old 04-11-2023, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Marvel Comics used to have a page in all of their comics that summarized what was going on elsewhere in other comics called “In The Meantime”

I just thought it was about her acknowledging the band was out being the band without her. In the meantime, here’s what she’s been up to.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-11-2023, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Marvel Comics used to have a page in all of their comics that summarized what was going on elsewhere in other comics called “In The Meantime”

I just thought it was about her acknowledging the band was out being the band without her. In the meantime, here’s what she’s been up to.
I always took it as this as well.

I would also guess that maybe her regrets of leaving FM began at this time.
Old 04-11-2023, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I'm pretty sure that was the idea, too.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is an interview when she is asked about the title of the album. Chris infers the casual meaning which is what everyone would think. But she said it was not the case which she said most people would think that. It was personal to her and she specifically said she would not reveal the meaning behind it and told the interviewer not to ask about the meaning. It had a deeper meaning to her personally. The interview is on youtube and can post it later. The interviewer made the same assumption we all would make but Chris had a deeper personal meaning that I thought someone would know. But we may never know.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This clever title succeeds in piquing interest in her current and future activities. The obvious interpretation: "I'm planning on rejoining Fleetwood Mac eventually, but in the meantime here's the musical project I've been doing with my nephew."

I'm sure she understood that's what people would think (or at least hope) when they heard the title. When she quit FM and retired to the English countryside, her intention was to remove the spotlight from her; but when she released the album it looks as if she was beginning to think about getting the spotlight back.

How many of you remember the message board on the old Christine McVie website that was started at that time? It was so nice having an online place to talk about just Christine and not the rest of the band.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here you go. You can skip ahead to 2:45. It's personal to her and will not reveal the meaning but its not what people think (the literal meaning i.e. I'm still here making music).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGVE_0jGok

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-11-2023 at 11:17 AM..
Old 04-11-2023, 01:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wonder if it was a reference to the ex somehow...ITM were his initials or something similar?
Old 04-11-2023, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post
Wonder if it was a reference to the ex somehow...ITM were his initials or something similar?
Maybe. I just love the mystery behind it. Chris is usually very open in interviews and I always was fascinated with her comments on the title. We all know how Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, Tango, etc all got their names. I always find it interesting if there is a secret or hidden meaning. I was hoping someone had secret knowledge. We will probably never know. I bet in 2014 maybe Chris would have spilled the beans but no one was asking about her solo career. As much as I want to know, I also admire keeping secrets for personal reasons.