Bob Welch 4 3.20%
Other...specify 4 3.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I believe they are all equally important in creating the unique Mac sound and the band is not the same without any one of them. Which is why I'm so pissed about them firing Lindsey.
Yeah. A lot of people talk about how Buckingham McVie was basically a Fleetwood Mac album. I don't agree. Both Stevie AND Lindsey are essential for my version of Fleetwood Mac.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3 people voting for Mick, i don't understand you.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-15-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I see Mick has voted for himself.
Mate, that's pretty shameless but exactly the sort of thing you do
hahahahaha - but of course! just read his newest interview. every time when i see the new interview i hope he'll somehow redeem himself and actually be able to give us some good reasoning and sell this new version. with each interview he's just digging them deeper. #vomit

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hahahahaha - but of course! just read his newest interview. every time when i see the new interview i hope he'll somehow redeem himself and actually be able to give us some good reasoning and sell this new version. with each interview he's just digging them deeper. #vomit
So we went from a touring schedule conflict to something like "it was time for a change"? I think the latter is closest to the truth, based on the other sensibilities coming into play. Talk about ****ing up a good thing!
Old 06-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yeah. A lot of people talk about how Buckingham McVie was basically a Fleetwood Mac album. I don't agree. Both Stevie AND Lindsey are essential for my version of Fleetwood Mac.
It's a damn shame Stevie couldn't find it in her heart or have the patience and discipline to record with Lindsey again. I mean, after all they had been through already. Let's give it one more try Stevie, for the sake of FM, and most of us wanting them to go out on that note as the Rumours Five, not Finwood Mike.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
So we went from a touring schedule conflict to something like "it was time for a change"? I think the latter is closest to the truth, based on the other sensibilities coming into play. Talk about ****ing up a good thing!
caught in the web of their own lies and digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I see Mick has voted for himself.
Mate, that's pretty shameless but exactly the sort of thing you do
OMG. That's too funny. Self fulfilling prophecy? Or maybe it REALLY is Mick?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Or maybe he saw the backlash the "tour" story was getting and decided to change it to make them look less shallow and mercenary - that they fired the man who had been architect of their sound for decades just because he was delaying a profitable tour.

Much better to make it about how they wanted to be more creative than about how they wanted the money to roll in sooner than he did.

It's so unfair to Lindsey though - to paint him as the one holding them back creatively when he was the one begging them to record and it was Stevie who refused!!! Maybe they are punishing him for the "lost perspective" comment in addition to attempting to improve their image.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-16-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Old 06-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or maybe he saw the backlash the "tour" story was getting and decided to change it to make them look less shallow and mercenary - that they fired the man who had been architect of their sound for decades just because he was delaying a profitable tour.

Much better to make it about how they wanted to be more creative than about how they wanted the money to roll in sooner than he did.

It's so unfair to Lindsey though - to paint him as the one holding them back creatively when he was the one begging them to record and it was Stevie who refused!!! Maybe they are punishing him for the "lost perspective" comment in addition to attempting to improve their image.
If the band does record new music now, it would be so obvious to me why Stevie did not record with them while Lindsey was in the band. All her talk about music not selling would be total BS! And the band choosing Stevie over Lindsey because of her unwillingness to work with him would be apparent. And why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 06-22-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Be that as it may, the Fleetwood-McVie-McVie rhythm section has been the driving force for twelve of the band’s albums, with Christine doing session work on another five albums.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Favorite FM member, past or present

I wanted to bump this once.Because there might be people that have not voted yet on it. Wanting to see if the numbers change much now.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who is your favorite FM member, past or present? For ****s and giggles. You can elaborate too if you feel the need to vent, or just express yourself!
looks like you didn't set up this poll as a single option choice, even though that's what you are asking. some people are cheating and checking off multiple members.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham.

I started listening to Fleetwood Mac when I was a teenager (in the 1990s) because of Stevie Nicks. Then The Dance happened and I saw him. I immediately loved him way more than her and these days he's the only member of that line-up that I still love. The rest of them are pretty much dead to me at this point, what with recent events, though I hold no ill-will towards either of Lindsey's replacements.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The results are questionable as Mike and Neil are not included...
Old 09-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
The results are questionable as Mike and Neil are not included...
right, Sugar would vote for Neil instead of Mick in that case.