Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:54 PM

I just dove in Homer
Old 08-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I know this sounds crazy, but I'm TRULY nervous at the thought of having her read and answer a question of mine. I think I'm too afraid to even ask her one.
I'm know this makes me sound like a wuss.......I could ask the other 4 anything, and be fine with it.
I don't think you are a wuss. I think what it possibly is...you are a little star struck, think so? I know I am.

Last year I got to meet Debbie Harry from Blondie face-to-face. Been a fan since the '70's and talk about star struck! I could barely move my legs they were shaking so bad.

Anyways HM, kick back, think of a question and submit it, you'll be fine. It will be easier than the day Debbie was looking me in the eye and I had to ask HER something.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:41 AM

ring my bell
Old 08-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still can't figure out what to ask her......When I try to figure it out I have a million thoughts (The more I think about it the less sense this post makes)
I know! It seems I can only come up with silly, stupid quetions... It gets worse everytime I think about it.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know! It seems I can only come up with silly, stupid quetions... It gets worse everytime I think about it.
Welcome to my world. The last thing I want her to think is,"Man, this guy's an idiot!"
Old 08-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Mr first attempts which, I hasten to add, I did not send veared between pathetically lame and potential stalker!

Once I sat down and thought sensibly they were a lot better. (I think)

Gail
Old 08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know this sounds crazy, but I'm TRULY nervous at the thought of having her read and answer a question of mine. I think I'm too afraid to even ask her one.
I'm know this makes me sound like a wuss.......I could ask the other 4 anything, and be fine with it.
that doesn't sound crazy in the slightest. i feel the same way. i don't want to say anything that might cause offense, or to have her think that i'm psychotic, or inept at life. LOL so basically ever since this was announced i've sat around thinking "what can i possibly ask/say that will sound sort of normal??" instead of thinking about what i really want to know (which is bound to be insane and inappropriate).
Old 08-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>that doesn't sound crazy in the slightest. i feel the same way. i don't want to say anything that might cause offense, or to have her think that i'm psychotic, or inept at life. LOL so basically ever since this was announced i've sat around thinking "what can i possibly ask/say that will sound sort of normal??" instead of thinking about what i really want to know (which is bound to be insane and inappropriate).<<

You guys are so funny, you're cracking me up. I am SO glad I'm not the only person who feels this way!

-Lis
Old 08-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
>>that doesn't sound crazy in the slightest. i feel the same way. i don't want to say anything that might cause offense, or to have her think that i'm psychotic, or inept at life. LOL so basically ever since this was announced i've sat around thinking "what can i possibly ask/say that will sound sort of normal??" instead of thinking about what i really want to know (which is bound to be insane and inappropriate).<<

You guys are so funny, you're cracking me up. I am SO glad I'm not the only person who feels this way!

-Lis
lis, of all people you should definitely not feel like you have to reign yourself in . your essay on john & chris is FANTASTIC. it's very thoughtful and comprehensive. . .i think she will be quite flattered when she reads it.

in a general sense, i think we're all feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. this is something some of us have dreamed about for years- asking chris questions- and now that it's here, the reality is that it's almost too good to be true. so naturally we all have to freak out a little first.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling

in a general sense, i think we're all feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. this is something some of us have dreamed about for years- asking chris questions- and now that it's here, the reality is that it's almost too good to be true. so naturally we all have to freak out a little first.
I completely agree. I never dreamed that I'd ever get to ask her anything. I'm just glad it's in this format & not face to face. I don't think I'd be able to get any words out of my mouth that way.

And, we do have till the end of this month, so we have some time to think of what we want to ask.

Last edited by macfan 57; 08-06-2004 at 04:01 PM..
Old 08-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I completely agree. I never dreamed that I'd ever get to ask her anything. I'm just glad it's in this format & not face to face. I don't think I'd be able to get any words out of my mouth that way.

And, we do have til the end of this month, so we have some time to think of what we want to ask.
oh if it was face to face, i would probably cry from overstimulation and embarassment.

and yes, thankfully we have until the end of the month to get our wits together!

it's funny how unconcerned all of us are with winning anything. the only real issue i've heard us fans talk about is "WHAT SHOULD I ASK!?!?" i think this in itself is enough of a reward (at least for me)!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're right Aisling. If they answers my question(s) (wich I'm still struggling with), I would cinsider that as a great prize itself.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People have asked me before, if I could meet anyone in the world, past or present, who would it be? When I say Christine, they give me the funniest looks.
Abraham Lincoln, or Christine McVie? I'll take Chris!
Old 08-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
it's funny how unconcerned all of us are with winning anything. the only real issue i've heard us fans talk about is "WHAT SHOULD I ASK!?!?" i think this in itself is enough of a reward (at least for me)!
Yes now you mention it nobody has been all that concerned about the prizes!

I will be delighted to get an answer to my questions. If I won anything I would be gobsmacked! If I won the gold or silver album I would lose control of my bodily functions!

Gail
Old 08-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People have asked me before, if I could meet anyone in the world, past or present, who would it be? When I say Christine, they give me the funniest looks.
Abraham Lincoln, or Christine McVie? I'll take Chris!
I would so love to hang out casually with Miss McVie. Pop a Xanax & DO IT!!