Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2004, 05:25 PM

She does look good doesn't she!
Old 06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Review

'In The Meantime' is a really great album.I was a little unsure at first having heard a few clips on the website but upon hearing the whole album i'm definitely satisfied with it.Highlights include
'Friend'-I REALLY like this track...single material if i do say so myself.
'You Are'-We all know this one..very Christine.
'Bad Journey'-I like that this track isn't 'Christine-ish' in it's sound..its different.
'Anything Is Possible'-I disagree with previous comments about this song.It's one of the best on the album--very infectious & catchy.
'Sweet Revenge'-A pretty mellow track despite it's title. Very breezy..i like this one.
I'm so glad Christine's back with a new album.Listening to it,you realise what's missing from the current line-up of Fleetwood Mac and from the 'Say You Will' album.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

9 pounds is a good 18 dollars over here! I hope to find it cheaper ( even though any price is worth it) I spent my $$ on the FM DVD/CD set but in July I will get In the Meantime, even though I don't want to wait!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the lyrics, it's kind of "Christine McVie goes Warren Zevon"
"Like a gun in your back
Stab in the dark
This sure isn't cupid's dart"
Old 06-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up So far, so good....

I just got my CD from amazon.uk today here at work and I'm listening right now... I think I'll have to agree that it will require a few more spins before a final verdict is reached...but so far, I'm liking it.

"Sweet Revenge" is quite catchy. But for me, the prize for the best lyrics are:

You could take me out, you could lay me down, but don't get serious, let's just play around... (Anything is Possible)

You go, girl!
Old 06-25-2004, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlene
I just got my CD from amazon.uk today here at work and I'm listening right now... I think I'll have to agree that it will require a few more spins before a final verdict is reached...but so far, I'm liking it.

"Sweet Revenge" is quite catchy. But for me, the prize for the best lyrics are:

You could take me out, you could lay me down, but don't get serious, let's just play around... (Anything is Possible)

You go, girl!

I think she's writing about being single again. LOL!
Old 06-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

after the initial joy of hearing that ole' beautiful voice again (wow... i missed her more that i thought!) i'm off to my regular criticism.
i need to give it a few more listens, but what i'm already sure of, is that i'm a bit disappointed. i find ITM highly unadventurous and i hoped for more than that. i expected that being released from the balls and chains which are FM, WB, and their everlasting desire for commercial success, she might wanna try something different, but apparently i was a little wrong.
it's far from the 1984 fiasco, but it sure ain't no Legendary Christine Perfect either. there are quite a few songs there i'm already beginning to grow fond of, but then again, that same material would have been better served falling into lindsey's hands.
i agree that her voice is still as clear and beautiful as it ever was, and that it's sad how her keyboards are missing in action like that. overall i'm hoping to get more attached to this album in the future, but as for now it most certainly didn't sweep me off my feet the way SYW did.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Reviews of In the Meantime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer
it's far from the 1984 fiasco, but it sure ain't no Legendary Christine Perfect either. there are quite a few songs there i'm already beginning to grow fond of,.
I agree that the 1984 album was on the tame side but IMO the Christine Perfect was (apart from I'd Rather Go Blind) as Christine herself said "so wimpy"

In the Meantime does take quite a few listens and then it does start to grow on you. You find yourself singing snatches of choruses and alarming your co-workers by singing "didn't you like my love song darling?" at inappropriate moments.

This is how Christine is. I find the album very honest.

I don't know what else you wanted her to do. I think she is vocally more expressive than she's ever been.

I agree that the keyboards aren't to the forefront but then no instrument dominates.

I think she's done herself proud.

I love it.

Gail
Old 06-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

sadly the album didn't even make it to the uk chart. is there ANY promotion for it whatsoever?

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
You find yourself singing snatches of choruses and alarming your co-workers by singing "didn't you like my love song darling?" at inappropriate moments.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! i'll have to watch myself on monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
This is how Christine is. I find the album very honest.
i agree, the album is a very honest expression of the kind of person chris is, and the kind of musician she is.

and while i did find myself thinking a few times 'this would have sounded amazing if she had recorded it with FM,' i also thought the same thing when listening to SYW for the first, 'wow, this would have been THAT much better with christine'.

but for what it is, and what it was meant to be, chris did a great job and she certainly SHOULD be proud of herself. i know i'm proud of her!
-ailish
Old 06-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer
sadly the album didn't even make it to the uk chart. is there ANY promotion for it whatsoever?
Heck, she's on an independent label so there's not going to be much huge promotion. And I don't think she cares about hits and such.
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "
Old 06-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdragon
Heck, she's on an independent label so there's not going to be much huge promotion. And I don't think she cares about hits and such.
I agree. That Adventure Label is VERY tiny. They have very few artists signed to their label. And, I don't think she wants anything to do with any sort of major promotion either. She's a rich lady & she likes her privacy. I don't think she did this for the money or album sales. I think she did it for fun & for the satisfaction of doing it. Her motives & priorities are completely different from the rest of Fleetwood Mac now.

I think the album is terrific!!! I'm just thrilled that she decided to do this rather than stay retired. If this is the last thing that she does & this is the last Fleetwood Mac related album that I buy, then I'm happy with this.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

look at it this way- at least the single seems to be quite a hit in Macedonia
see chart here

Old 06-28-2004, 01:15 AM

I think there is a little of each. She's adventurous on Bad Journey and Anthing is Possible. And very classic in You Are and Friend.

So Sincere is beautiful and so is Calumny.

I think the production of this album is great. I have it on nice speakers and there are layers and layers of instruments.

Don't worry about critics, they blasted Say You Will in many many reviews calling Stevie everything from a squirell on crack, to a nasal witch. Critics are musicians that never made it!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Don't worry about critics, Critics are musicians that never made it!
calling this statement "cliche'" or "wrong" would be an understatement.