User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She doesn’t sound averse to new music for the first time in 15 years... makes you wonder if Tom’s passing might have shifted her paradigm. Either that, or she’s simply on her best behavior since this is a charity honoree thing.
But she wasn't specifically asked if they band will do another album, and she didn't say: "I won't do another album"

I personally believed she won't do another album with the band, so there won't be a new FM album. But I have faith in another BM album. No matter how many friends pass away. It's just the way she feels right now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some of the scalper sites have listed a tour date for FM - Las Vegas, Dec 14. probably an early leak.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-31-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some of the scalper sites have listed a tour date for FM - Las Vegas, Dec 14. probably an early leak.
I'm going on a quote u made on FB about Lindsey's album coming out in April. My guess is he wants to tour for that before they start rehearsing the FM tour. And I also get the impression from LB that he really is not in the mood to do a long FM tour. He seems so detached from the band these days.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm going on a quote u made on FB about Lindsey's album coming out in April. My guess is he wants to tour for that before they start rehearsing the FM tour. And I also get the impression from LB that he really is not in the mood to do a long FM tour. He seems so detached from the band these days.
I agree. I think he had enough of 80 dates of not being creative.

With BuckVie he was able to write, produce, perform with Christine and still have a financially healthy product.

When I saw him at the BuckVie Q/A he said going back to CitiField and Dodgers stadium during BuckVie tour was a "mind****". And he didn't put a positive spin on that.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree. I think he had enough of 80 dates of not being creative.

With BuckVie he was able to write, produce, perform with Christine and still have a financially healthy product.

When I saw him at the BuckVie Q/A he said going back to CitiField and Dodgers stadium during BuckVie tour was a "mind****". And he didn't put a positive spin on that.
Yeah but, Big machine, small machine and he has three kids to put through college...

No in truth he was HAPPY being creative with Christine and at his stage in his life and his career, that’s got to be the most important.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know Lindsey's worth but surely he doesn't need money. He might not have the hits of Stevie or Christine but he gets an equal album sales cut (and them some due to his producer cut).
As far as hits are concerned, surely Go Your Own Way is just about the most played Fleetwood Mac song...isn't it?

What does he have in the bank? £60 mill +

(more if he manages to flog his house).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-02-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I don't know Lindsey's worth but surely he doesn't need money. He might not have the hits of Stevie or Christine but he gets an equal album sales cut (and them some due to his producer cut).
As far as hits are concerned, surely Go Your Own Way is just about the most played Fleetwood Mac song...isn't it?

What does he have in the bank? £60 mill +

(more if he manages to flog his house).
You might be right. I hear /GYOW at least 1 time every 2 days. It's always on for some reason.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You might be right. I hear /GYOW at least 1 time every 2 days. It's always on for some reason.
It's the most viewed FM song on You tube.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Yeah but, Big machine, small machine and he has three kids to put through college...

No in truth he was HAPPY being creative with Christine and at his stage in his life and his career, that’s got to be the most important.
It probably wouldn't hurt to get that $25 million investment property unloaded either.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's the commercial for the asthma medication. I've been hearing it several times a day recently.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
http://wfpk.org/2018/lindsey-bucking...kyle-meredith/
You make a great point about a FM album starting as a LB album. As far as the FM tour goes I thought it was a done deal. Listen to the last min of this interview (posted by button-lip). Lindsey says "it's not on the books yet, we're talking about it". He sounds casual, maybe they've all agreed to the tour but just haven't signed on the dotted line.
He says they've tentatively scheduled a FM tour for "the end of 2018." We've heard rumors of a Lindsey album coming out as early as this April.

So I'm confused about how people are twisting Stevie's vacation comments here... If she's on vacation for the next two months and her schedule is open after that, how does that in any way invalidate a 2018 tour? We've heard from Stevie, Christine, Mick and Lindsey regarding a 2018 or 2019 tour so it looks like they're all on the same page that it will happen, they just haven't hammered down exact dates yet. Lindsey's comments seem to indicate that he has a solo album, a new Buckingham McVie album and a Fleetwood Mac tour, as well as possible smaller tours, all in the works.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
He says they've tentatively scheduled a FM tour for "the end of 2018." We've heard rumors of a Lindsey album coming out as early as this April.

So I'm confused about how people are twisting Stevie's vacation comments here... If she's on vacation for the next two months and her schedule is open after that, how does that in any way invalidate a 2018 tour? We've heard from Stevie, Christine, Mick and Lindsey regarding a 2018 or 2019 tour so it looks like they're all on the same page that it will happen, they just haven't hammered down exact dates yet. Lindsey's comments seem to indicate that he has a solo album, a new Buckingham McVie album and a Fleetwood Mac tour, as well as possible smaller tours, all in the works.
I'm all for the new BuckVie album, but we need a smaller FM tour for that to happen. I sincerely hope they are already working on it, since Lindsey already finished his solo album and of course there won't be a new FM album for the next tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I'm all for the new BuckVie album, but we need a smaller FM tour for that to happen. I sincerely hope they are already working on it, since Lindsey already finished his solo album and of course there won't be a new FM album for the next tour.
Me too, on the BuckVie! Do a short FM tour, then put out BuckVie II, then a 2019 BuckVie Tour.

Those two make me so happy, I really hope they keep doing it until they no longer can.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:05 AM
Ledgie

Yes, BuckVie! The value is much better! $100 can get fairly good seats, but I have no clue what $100 gets for FM. I don't want to know, but I know it's not as good.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Yes, BuckVie! The value is much better! $100 can get fairly good seats, but I have no clue what $100 gets for FM.
Value for your money! That's another very good reason to hope for another BuckVie album and tour, besides the fact that their album and tour were both great and they both had fun doing them!