User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't even know where she came up with the number 14. She's making the idea of a new album seem much more arduous than it would have to be. How about EIGHT songs. Anyone want 8 songs?

Also, I don't think Lindsey is concerned with music piracy.

Michele
I want 8 songs. Heck, I want the 14 songs. I would settle for 12. I also want the missing 13th song from BN. I guess I'm getting 2 - maybe 4. So, ok, I'll deal with it.

Oh, I bet Lindsey's concerned with music piracy. He has a brand new house in Hawaii to pay for... I bet he heard that a lot those 4 days.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I literally can't count how many times I've laughed out loud tonight from reading not only things Stevie has said, but the reactions of you all.

Let me clarify that my laughter stems from adoration, of course. But I laugh none the less.

But really. I love her.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
omg...no words. just...none. you have made my night! I also love your comments on the original post. She really should keep that look for Halloween, sooo Spy vs. Spy! I might just do this next year...
hahaha -- nutty ain't it?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
omg...no words. just...none. you have made my night! I also love your comments on the original post. She really should keep that look for Halloween, sooo Spy vs. Spy! I might just do this next year...
There are hoards of raging Kristen fans in Antwerp, so she had to go undercover. That's why Lindsey is protectively shielding her. She was in danger of being mobbed. Or flash mobbed, at the very least.

Michele
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are hoards of raging Kristen fans in Antwerp, so she had to go undercover. That's why Lindsey is protectively shielding her. She was in danger of being mobbed. Or flash mobbed, at the very least.

Michele
LOL! You are on a roll tonight!

So, wait -- Lindsey & Stevie understand how to download illegally off the internet but they don't know how to do a Google search??
Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Oh my gosh! I had no idea, and flash mob is even worse! I mean, an allergy to Julie Andrews is a very real medical condition! It's hard, especially when Lindsey wants to join in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k
Old 12-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, yes she can be full of crap sometimes, but I totally understand her decision to spend A LOT of time supporting In Your Dreams. It is her best record in years and something to be proud of.

The only thing that annoyed me about the interview was the she and Lindsey only chose two of his new songs. Why choose only two? Why not do four--or six? And will there be any from her?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

The only thing that annoyed me about the interview was the she and Lindsey only chose two of his new songs. Why choose only two? Why not do four--or six? And will there be any from her?
Oh, I'm sure she'll have songs. She's already said they worked on more songs. I think this is just a build up. They don't want to give it ALL away.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

So, wait -- Lindsey & Stevie understand how to download illegally off the internet but they don't know how to do a Google search??
I'm not sure they do. When's the last time anyone went to Barnes and Noble to find music for their friends to steal?

As for Google searches, if I had the choice of sending Lori to Arizona or doing a Google search for an old demo, I'd be handing Lori that plane ticket every time.

Michele
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
"We put them up on a board and start playing a minute and a half of each song. If we start to feel it, then we start to work it out. We’re trying to get some more unfamiliar songs every time we go out. It’s fun. We want to stand up there and be excited to do a song we haven’t done for a while. Say, "Sisters of the Moon." We haven’t played that song since the '80s. Maybe it’s going to work this time."

Yes, please! I have a feeling that one would survive opening night. Wow...that would be spectacular. Hopefully it's not just a tease. I know she can still rock this song if she wanted to. I would totally freak out if they started playing SotM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay, yes she can be full of crap sometimes, but I totally understand her decision to spend A LOT of time supporting In Your Dreams. It is her best record in years and something to be proud of.
No one was criticizing the time she took to do IYD, though. That's not what was amusing.

Michele
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I literally can't count how many times I've laughed out loud tonight from reading not only things Stevie has said, but the reactions of you all.

Let me clarify that my laughter stems from adoration, of course. But I laugh none the less.

But really. I love her.
Everything ^

Continually smiling today..this will be a long rollercoaster ride until the tour starts!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Oh, I'm sure she'll have songs. She's already said they worked on more songs. I think this is just a build up. They don't want to give it ALL away.
Where did she say she and Lindsey worked on any of her new songs?Every single new song that she has written has been sent directly to Dave Stewart..there is no indication that she has contibuted any "new "material to Fleetwood Mac.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reuters, By Eric Kelsey
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8B303V20121204

LOS ANGELES | Mon Dec 3, 2012 9:26pm EST

(Reuters) - Do not call it a comeback and don't even think of it as a farewell tour.

After more than four decades making music and a 2010 tour, Fleetwood Mac will hit the road again next year. But it won't be its last tour, singer Stevie Nicks vowed, dismissing any notion that the band could be packing away their instruments in the near future.

"It's never going to be a final tour until we drop dead," Nicks told Reuters. "There's no reason for this to end as long as everyone is in good shape and takes care of themselves."

The 34-city tour with dates in the United States and Canada will begin on April 4 in Columbus, Ohio, and finish up on June 12 in Detroit.

The tour coincides with the 35th anniversary of the blockbuster 1977 album, "Rumours," which landed the group four hit singles and sold more than 40 million copies worldwide. The album will be reissued with unreleased studio and live recordings, Fleetwood Mac said.

After frequent changes to the lineup since the band formed in London in 1967, the 2013 tour will feature Nicks, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, and founding members Mick Fleetwood on drums and John McVie on bass.

Touring again is "a big deal," said Nicks, 64, who is known for her floor-length blonde hair and frilly outfits.

"I don't want a Fleetwood Mac tour every year or year and a half. That's why people get so excited. ... All of a sudden the world is on edge and that's what gets you out there."

For Nicks, who recently finished a two-year solo tour promoting her 2011 album "In Your Dreams," making music and being on the road is her life.

"If you never stop, you don't lose your energy," the "Landslide" singer said of keeping pace with a demanding tour schedule when each band member is into their 60s. "Even when we stop, everybody is still doing a lot of stuff."

'EVERYBODY IS NERVOUS'

Like Nicks, Buckingham has his own solo career, and Fleetwood has a restaurant in Hawaii and a U.S. vineyard as well as his own music gigs.

Fleetwood and McVie are both founding members of the band, and Buckingham and Nicks joined the group in 1974.

Singer and songwriter Christine McVie, who wrote the big hit "Don't Stop" that was on "Rumours," joined the band in the early 1970s after marrying John McVie, but retired from touring after the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. She still contributes on occasion to studio efforts.

Although the band will not kick off the tour until April, Nicks said the anxiety-filled grind begins months before during rehearsals when band members hammer out which songs to play.

Of the 22 songs Fleetwood Mac will play during a concert, 11 will be hits, such as "Dreams," "Don't Stop" and "Hold Me," Nicks said.

For herself, it is a daily routine of vocal exercises and primping that can take hours.

"It's overwhelming in a good way, but it's still overwhelming," Nicks said of the process. "By the third day (of rehearsals) you start to calm down and get into your role. At first, everybody is nervous and not knowing what they'll do."

But a decade removed from their last studio album "Say You Will," Nicks admits it may be time for another Fleetwood Mac release, adding that she and Buckingham had spent time writing songs together recently.

"Personally, I think we feel better than before," Nicks said. "We're not doing drugs and stuff like that ... You don't know what you'll do when you're not doing this."

(Reporting by Eric Kelsey, editing by Jill Serjeant and Philip Barbara)
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^Glad she's saying they won't retire until someone drops dead.

So, can I fantasize about the part where it says Christine still works with them on studio efforts?? I would (and I will when I fall asleep in a few minutes), but I think Christine just told Mojo she hasn't talked to them -- or Stevie anyway, so I'll be dreaming in vain.

Michele