Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band

Fleetwood Wine and Music Extravaganza
Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Mick Fleetwood, the iconic co-founder of Fleetwood Mac, is celebrating his blues heritage by hitting the road with his new band, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band. The band is appearing in 17 major cities across the US beginning this spring. The series of concerts features a tribute to the original Fleetwood Mac, the all-male blues band that started it all in 1967.

Each night of the tour also features a VIP reception where attendees will sample Mick’s fine wine, Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar. Tickets for the tour are available soon.

Bringing together four stellar Blues and Rock musicians, Mick Fleetwood presents a band that is as current as it is nostalgic.

At the front of the group, is Rick Vito, veteran Bluesman and former Fleetwood Mac vocalist and lead guitarist. Rick adds his personal touch while staying true to the styling of early Fleetwood Mac front man Peter Green. “A lot of guys can play the licks but Rick has the tone and that’s so important in real blues,” says Mick Fleetwood.

With Fleetwood anchoring the band on percussion, the “other half” of the rhythm section is Lenny Castellanos on bass guitar. As Mick points out, “I’ve played with John McVie for 40 years, any bassist who plays with me has big shoes to fill.” – Lenny does a great job filling those shoes while complimenting Mick’s unique and revered drum style.

Mark Johnstone ties everything together on the keys and backup vocals, infusing a vibrant energy to the group.

The band is led, of course, by the legendary Mick Fleetwood, providing a backbone with his unmistakable power-house percussion and persona.

Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar wine is a centerpiece of each event for a select group of high-end VIP’s. Each show has between 700 and 1200 general admission tickets plus less than 300 tickets which offer a special pre-show wine tasting and meet-and-greet with Mick, himself. VIP attendees have the opportunity to taste samples of Mick’s award winning wines and leave with an autographed bottle. VIP’s also enjoy an up-close-and-personal encounter with Mick, who shares stories from his life as a musician on the road, tells of the creation of his wines, and discusses his passion for art, music, and the good life.

Mick Fleetwood’s Uncorked Tour kicks off June 11th in Los Angeles and moves nationwide throughout 2008. The first four dates are listed below with more to be announced soon.

6/11 – Los Angeles – The Avalon, Hollywood
6/12 – San Diego – Spreckels
6/14 – Aspen, Colorado – Snowmass Village
6/15 – San Francisco – The Herbst Theater

For Tickets Visit www.UncorkedTour.com

Visit www.MickFleetwood.com for more information on Mick Fleetwood.

Visit www.MickFleetwoodPrivateCellar.com for more information on Mick’s wines.

Phone: 805-807-1342
E-mail: Info@SabreEntertainment.netThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band is co-managed by:
Jonathan Todd, Sabre Entertainment
http://www.SabreEntertainment.net
and
Carl Stubner, Sanctuary Management Group

Contact Jonathan Todd for full resolution photos and music samples or general information.

Produced by TalentPlus, Chris Hansen.

“Mick Fleetwood’s Uncorked Tour” and “Uncorked Tour” are trademarks of Mick Fleetwood Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.melodika.net/index.php?op...3350&Itemid=50
Old 06-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Google Blogs Alert for: fleetwood mac

The Uncorked Tour Heads To Europe
By Nickslive(Nickslive)
Rock legend and Fleetwood Mac co-founder Mick Fleetwood's new group, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, will make its international debut this summer, headlining one of the largest blues festivals in Europe. The International Notodden Blues ...
Fleetwood Mac News and Reviews - http://nickslive.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Euro Blues Fest Scores Mick Fleetwood's New Band

Friday, Jun 6, 2008

Rock legend and Fleetwood Mac co-founder Mick Fleetwood's new group, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, will make its international debut this summer, headlining one of the largest blues festivals in Europe.
The International Notodden Blues Festival, which organizers expect 40,000 fans to attend, will take place July 31 to August 2 in Norway.
The lineup for the 21st outing of the fest also includes Ray Davies, Koko Taylor, John Hiatt, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Little Feat, James Cotton, Charlie Musselwhite & Kim Wilson with The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Bobby Rush, Pinetop Perkins & the Legends of Chicago Blues Music Club NotoddenJaniva Magness, Bob Margolin & Jerry Portnoy, Omar Kent Dykes, Rick Estrin & The Nightcats, Louisiana Red Blues Band, Henry Butler and many, many other artists.
Tickets and complete info on the event are available at Bluesfest.no.
Fleetwood's new band, which features Rick Vito, Lenny Castellanos and Mark Johnstone, celebrates his blues heritage, as well as the original lineup of Fleetwood Mac.
The group, which also has a handful of U.S. dates on the books for this month, is expected to play pre-Buckingham/Nicks Mac hits like "Black Magic Woman," "Oh Well," "Rattlesnake Shake" and "Albatross."

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=10401
Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Google News Alert for: stevie nicks

IF I WERE YOU
San Diego CityBEAT - CA,USA
... partly because VIPs get to sample Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar wines but mostly because you need to drink a lot to forget that Stevie Nicks isn’t here. ...
See all stories on this topic
Old 08-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default AT 6ft 6in, Mick Fleetwood has always been head and shoulders above mere mortals.

Aug 29 2008 by Dawn Collinson, Liverpool Echo

And now the iconic co-founder of Fleetwood Mac is heading to Liverpool to celebrate his blues heritage with his new band, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

Performing classic original songs like Oh Well, Rattlesnake Shake, Albatross, Black Magic Woman and many more, Rick Vito, Lenny Castellanos and Mark Johnstone will join Mick Fleetwood for what promises to be a musical experience that combines 40 years of excellence in blues and rock.

I caught up with Mick to find out the music that’s getting him through the week.

“I’ve got something of an eclectic taste,” he laughs. “I grew up playing blues, but I love all different types of music.

“Hey Bo Diddly by Bo Diddly has that funny tom tom thing with the maracas. I’ve always been a tom tom maniac and that track really affected my drumming.

“One song that’s always special is Return To Sender by Elvis Presley. I learnt to drum by listening to it and playing along. It was the only record my sister had, and I had nothing, so the choices were limited.

“I also love His Latest Flame (Marie’s The Name) by Elvis. I think that was the next record she got and I loved the breaks in it. I used to mess them up every time. It was hours of torture for me drumming along to that. I still love it though.

“What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye is one of my favourites, and Turn on Your Love Light by Bobby Bland. Great records.

“And anything by George Harrison, particularly from Cloud Nine. I loved George. Like millions of others I was very sorry to see him go, and especially so young. He was the real stuff.

“One last one – Let There Be Drums by Sandy Nelson. I love it.”

The Mick Fleetwood Blues featuring Rick Vito play Liverpool Philharmonic Hall on Tuesday October 28. For tickets and information, see www.liverpoolphil.com.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/views...0252-21629464/
Old 09-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood’s back
Sep 19 2008 by Jade Wright, Liverpool Echo

THE Mick Fleetwood Blues featuring Rick Vito play Liverpool Philharmonic Hall on Tuesday October 28. For tickets and information, see www.liverpoolphil.com

MICK Fleetwood may spend his days in Hawaiian sunshine, but in his dreams he’s strolling down Mathew Street in the swinging sixties.

“When I was a boy, Liverpool was the place to be if you were in a band,” says the 6’6” drummer and co-founder of Fleetwood Mac.

“The first time I came to Liverpool it would have been 1968 and we drove around town in a big old Daimler limousine, pretending we were somebody.

“We had this manager who told us if we came to Liverpool, we could make it like The Beatles.

“So he drove us up in this massive car. Except we had nowhere to play, so we just went round and round the streets.

“We went to The Cavern and said we were friends of The Beatles and we wanted to play a gig. They gave us 20 minutes.

“It was a disaster.

“In the tiny dressing room – it was like a cupboard – there were about 20 people in there. The local bands could see we weren’t from Liverpool and they didn’t like us much.

“Just before we went on, we picked up our guitars and our little piano. They’d de-tuned everything. We did our best, but it was terrible.

“The audience were very kind to us. It was back in the days when the girls would scream at anything. It was our first experience of being screamed at and we felt like The Beatles. Apart from the fact that we sounded terrible.

“We were sabotaged at The Cavern and went home with our tails between our legs.”

Mick is back in Liverpool to celebrate his blues heritage with his new band, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

Performing classic original songs like Oh Well, Rattlesnake Shake, Albatross, Black Magic Woman and many more, Rick Vito, Lenny Castellanos and Mark Johnstone will join Mick Fleetwood for what promises to be a musical experience that combines 40 years of excellence in blues and rock.

“I’m coming all the way from paradise to be with you,” laughs Mick, 61. “It’s a long way to swim.”

What can we look forward to from the show?

“You won’t be hearing Rhiannon or Dreams. This is about my early days. It’s blues with a splattering of rock’n’roll.

“Back in 1968 when Fleetwood Mac started that was the music that we played.”

Mick says he’s looking forward to a return to Liverpool.

“I know Liverpool fairly well,” he explains. “My father was brought up and spent his early life there.

“His father was an Irish merchant seaman, a bit of a wayward fella. He brought the family over from Dublin when my father was very young and they lived there for years. He was always very fond of Liverpool. I think he passed that on to me.

“I’ve always loved the city, and Scousers in general. My favourite, of course, was George.”

Mick was, for a time, George Harrison’s brother-in-law. He married (and divorced and remarried and redivorced) Pattie Boyd’s little sister Jenny, who had been the inspiration for Donovan’s song Jennifer Juniper.

“George was the best man you could meet,” says Mick. “As a musician, an artist, a man, you couldn’t wish for more.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/views...0252-21851825/
Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band
A benefit concert for The MACC—plus dancing!

The Maui Arts & Cultural Center announces a special “MACC Benefit Concert” with the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band in the Castle Theater, this Friday, Sept. 26, at 7:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity for the Maui audience to catch the famous drummer and co-founder of Fleetwood Mac with his talented blues-band members before the band heads off on a 20-city European tour in October!

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band is comprised of Mick Fleetwood on drums, former Fleetwood Mac bandmate Rick Vito on guitar and vocals, Lenny Castellanos on bass and vocals, and Mark Johnstone on keyboards and vocals. The band was formed in 2007 as an ultimate homage to “the originators” of Fleetwood Mac. Mick wanted to build a band worthy of recreating the sound and emotions he recalled from the first days and first songs of Fleetwood Mac. Always an innovator, Mick wasn’t seeking to copy his original band, but rather pay it tribute by creating something both historically respectful yet new and reinvigorated. The result of this quest reaching back to the beginning and forward to today is the album Blue Again, representing the full circle of Mick’s love and contribution to the blues and the band that launched his career, while making him an iconic figure in music and pop culture.

In August 2008, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band headlined the Nottodden Blues Festival in Norway. With 40,000 attendees, the band was the instant favorite and received glowing press. This Friday’s benefit concert at The MACC is your chance to catch the band before they leave for their European tour!

Tickets for this special concert are just $25, with all proceeds to benefit the Maui Arts & Cultural Center arts and education programs. All seats are reserved in the orchestra level, and there will be a dance floor in front of the stage! Tickets are available at The MACC Box Office and online, or call 242-SHOW (7469) to charge by phone, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For patron convenience 24 hours a day, purchase tickets online at www.mauiarts.org.

http://www.mauiweekly.com/aenews/story7797.aspx
Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oho, isn't it nice the way their acronym turned out to be MACC?

Michele
Old 09-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Are there details of songs played to date? Setlists??
Old 09-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also hopefully news will come out about the release of the Mick Fleetwood's Blues Band album Blue Again!!! I can't wait for another FM-related release in 2008!!!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Simon View Post
Are there details of songs played to date? Setlists??
Old 09-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thanks.

What i'd really like to see is a full setlist. Would be nice to see if they'll be doing some of the lesser blues period tunes. Shake Your Moneymaker, Fool No More, Sandy Mary, Love That Burns. Thats the ones I want to see just as much as the 'hits' from the late 60's Mac.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 PM
estranged4life
This message has been deleted by estranged4life.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

The new Mick Fleetwood double CD is being released in the UK on MOnday Blue Again and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.

Mick Fleetwood was on UK TV last night here is the link

http://www.bbc. co.uk/theoneshow /

Looking forward to seeing him on 3 November in St Albans, even if I am really a Stevie and Lindsey fan!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Blue Again drops tomorrow?

Any word on Blue Again being avaialable tomorrow. I'm excited.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

just stumbled on to this set while browsing the new cd section when i went in to my local record store to see if the Indiana Jones collection i had ordered was still on schedule for friday (it''s delayed again) Luckily i saw this and since i haven't been to the board a whole lot these last few weeks i had not noticed it coming , i had read about the mick band in hawaii but that was it so this was a nice surprise. Now only at "Stop Messin' Around" but must say Rick does it justice. and i like Fleetwood Boogie too (if only for it's funny title) Nice to hear Mick And Rick together again :-)
Old 12-21-2008, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The new Mick Fleetwood Blues Band - Blue Again CD featuring Rick Vito

Anyone give this one a test drive yet? Thoughts if so?

Last edited by snoot; 12-21-2008 at 03:51 AM..