Old 09-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 10- Sisters of the Moon

Sisters of the Moon

Old 09-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
um, cause they don't sound as good? Actually, i like WMYTYTO. But again, just cause something is groundbreaking (which is debatable, by the way - just cause MAC hadn't done it before, doesn't mean it was groundbreaking. Jazz...jazz was groundbreaking...rap, hip hop...groundbreaking) doesn't make it more pleasant to listen to, necessarily. I don't want a novel, or an invention, necessarily, when i listen to music - I want music that sounds good to me.
AMber
I didn't realize there were any jazz, rap, or hip-hop music on Tusk.

But, if you want to talk about groundbreaking rap, the credit goes to a certain white chick from Jersey.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I didn't realize there were any jazz, rap, or hip-hop music on Tusk.

But, if you want to talk about groundbreaking rap, the credit goes to a certain white chick from Jersey.
So true, so true!!!! 'course, she took it from underground and made it public, not invented it, but still...
and i wasn't saying those things were on tusk. He was saying WMYTYTO was groundbreaking, and i was making a point about other things that actually WERE groundbreaking...and my point was that those things weren't on TUSK.
AMber
White Chick from Jersey. Woot.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
So true, so true!!!! 'course, she took it from underground and made it public, not invented it, but still...
and i wasn't saying those things were on tusk. He was saying WMYTYTO was groundbreaking, and i was making a point about other things that actually WERE groundbreaking...and my point was that those things weren't on TUSK.
AMber
White Chick from Jersey. Woot.
I've always believed that she borrowed elements of it from the underground but was solely responsible for perfecting it and bringing it to popularity. I don't think it would have caught on wihtout her, but that's just my view of it. I mean, that beat and those lyrics and that delivery; it was sheer perfection.

On another note, have you heard her stuff with the Jazz Passengers? That stuff is awe-inspiring. Truly amazing stuff, among the best music I've ever heard in my life!

Old 09-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I've always believed that she borrowed elements of it from the underground but was solely responsible for perfecting it and bringing it to popularity. I don't think it would have caught on wihtout her, but that's just my view of it. I mean, that beat and those lyrics and that delivery; it was sheer perfection.

On another note, have you heard her stuff with the Jazz Passengers? That stuff is awe-inspiring. Truly amazing stuff, among the best music I've ever heard in my life!
oooo, no, just a snippet on TV of her singing with them. But i don't have Curse of Blondie, yet, either. Although i went to a store last april or something cause i thought it had been released but it wasn't. What are those CD's called? Jazz Passengers? Debbie Harry and the?
yes, rapture, and subsequent blondie raps are perfection. And also, they are (the words) so intelligent compared with a lot of rap I hear...she is such a versatile artist, and such a good, strange, lyricist, too...*gush*
It's hard to tell whether rap/hip hop would've caught on or not...i mean, it's so big that i have trouble believing it would not eventually have...but, who knows? Your theory is as good as mine....
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 10 - That's Enough For Me

Ahhh, why not?!
Old 09-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We will be starting a new thread for Round 10 at 9:00

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...