User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
"Get Like You Used To Be" was the opener for more than just the 75 tour. It opened most of their earlier sets from at LEAST Penguin onwards.
I was mainly referring to their 1970-1972 shows since most of my bootlegs were from that time period.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
Hey everyone, I might be posting something that's already been talked to death but here goes:

I just bought a two-disc dvd of FM live performances from the mid seventies. Many of the performances were culled from well-known shows like the "Midnight Special" and Tokyo concerts. But there's also an early show from June 75 in Maryland. So early, in fact, that Stevie's wearing jeans instead of chiffon.

She looks amazing and sounds great, too. But what struck me was how subdued, almost tentative a performer she was at that time. She holds back a lot on her vocal harmonies and only sings lead on one song. In fact, on "Blue Letter," Christine's harmonies uncharacteristically overpower Stevie's. The bulk of the show is dominated by Chris (who does most of the chatting between songs) and Lindsey. I hadn't realized Stevie's role was so confined in the early days. Is this concert typical of the 75 performances?
I've been looking for 70's era FM videos/DVD. Where did you buy them? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS

I went to ebay and looked under the dvd section for Fleetwood Mac. Funny, a week ago there were hoards of bootlegs. Today I checked and I can't find any. Keep checking there, though. If that doesn't work, I can get the name of the seller, too, if you send a private message.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
"Get Like You Used To Be" was the opener for more than just the 75 tour. It opened most of their earlier sets from at LEAST Penguin onwards.

I didn't know this! Any bootlegs I've heard from the '74 shows begin with "Green Manalishi." I can't remember what the opening cut was for the 73 bootleg "Will the Real FM please stand up" but I don't recall it being "Get Like You Used to Be." It sounds like you have other bootleg recordings that you're referring to, in which case I'm jealous!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS
You don't have to buy them. There are quite a few traders who could help you out. That's how I got my DVD.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't know this! Any bootlegs I've heard from the '74 shows begin with "Green Manalishi." I can't remember what the opening cut was for the 73 bootleg "Will the Real FM please stand up" but I don't recall it being "Get Like You Used to Be." It sounds like you have other bootleg recordings that you're referring to, in which case I'm jealous!
The "Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up" bootleg is really a version of that 1974 Sausalito bootleg. I know of no bootleg recording from 1973, unfortunately & I've got all of the 1970-1974 bootlegs that I know of that are currently in circulation.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up is NOT, NOT, NOT from 1973...it is the same recordings as the Sausalito 1974 or Bermuda Triangle bootlegs which were from 1974

I was at two shows in 1974, both shows had "Get Like You Used To Be" as the opening tune...followed by "Station Man" (sound familiar?)...then the set as it is on WTRFMPSU, plus "Bad Loser", "Jumping At Shadows" (sung by Christine), "Nightwatch" (with Mick's African Talking Drum solo ala early live versions of "World Turning"), and "Coming Home" mixed in here & there (at one of the shows, they even did Danny's "Jewel-Eyed Judy"). Plus additional encore tunes of "Homeward Bound" & "Shake Your Moneymaker" (before "Hypnotized" and the bluesy one-chord jam called "Mystery To Me" that also appears on the Ultrasonic boot).

Remember, both WTRFMPSU and Ultrasonic Studios: Live in Hempstead NY 1974 are "live in studio" recordings with a controlled audience for radio broadcast, not actual CONCERT recordings. Sort of early incarnations of The Dance except for radio, rather than TV.

And, also remember that back then Fleetwood Mac didn't pick a set, then play it to death like they have since 1977, either. They were changing the set around night to night.

Also, early bootlegs are rarely "complete" shows...due to tape length being much shorter than digital discs of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
The "Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up" bootleg is really a version of that 1974 Sausalito bootleg. I know of no bootleg recording from 1973, unfortunately & I've got all of the 1970-1974 bootlegs that I know of that are currently in circulation.
Oops. Guess I should've read the WHOLE thread before replying.

Last edited by chiliD; 01-11-2006 at 10:56 AM..
Old 01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, ChiliD, I am, am, AM jealous! I would have loved to have heard AND seen "Bad Loser" and "Night Watch" in concert.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 01-11-2006 at 03:51 PM..