Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you, Mario.
That's sad news, hopefully they all are on good terms and can do some occasional gigs or recording.
Probably it's not possible economically in these days to keep a band together without touring a lot, which Greeny might not want to do.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
MARIO:
Thank you so much for sharing some information on this.
It really means much to us, and the best thing is that Peter is fine!

Does this mean that Peter has quit the "Peter Green and Friends" band permanently?
Or is he just having a break? Can you tell?
Very difficult question to answer to.......but if the recent events were planned by Peter's lawyers (I cannot be sure about this), then I don't think we will see Peter Green And Friends together again.......

But this is only my own "guess" work...

Mario.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mario said:

" Very difficult question to answer to.......but if the recent events were planned by Peter's lawyers (I cannot be sure about this), then I don't think we will see Peter Green And Friends together again.......

Mario."

What d oes this mean? : "If recent events were planned by Peters Lawyers...."

Last edited by doodyhead; 09-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: title
Old 09-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks again, Mario!

Still, I am very confused...
It all started off with the shows being cancelled by illness. Peter had supposedly been "rushed to the hospital". Maybe just some paparazzi bull****, then.
I'm just glad he's ok!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Mario said:

" Very difficult question to answer to.......but if the recent events were planned by Peter's lawyers (I cannot be sure about this), then I don't think we will see Peter Green And Friends together again.......

Mario."

What d oes this mean? : "If recent events were planned by Peters Lawyers...."
In my opinion that means that if Peter was tired and stressed, then Peter's lawyers stopped the band....

But again, my guess work, sadly.......
Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Thanks again, Mario!

Still, I am very confused...
It all started off with the shows being cancelled by illness. Peter had supposedly been "rushed to the hospital". Maybe just some paparazzi bull****, then.
I'm just glad he's ok!
Maybe just some paparazzi bull****.....I think this is possible.........

Mario.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool The Mind Boggles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Thank you, Mario.
That's sad news, hopefully they all are on good terms and can do some occasional gigs or recording.
Probably it's not possible economically in these days to keep a band together without touring a lot, which Greeny might not want to do.
Unfortunately there has never been a lot of information about the terms of which "The Friends" were working with Peter Green. In concert live they didn't seem to have too much contact with him - Mike Dodd being the mediator (he must be worn out after 18 months of almost constant touring and Peter Green minding).

Three of the bandmembers are now going on tour together in America. This has probably been known for a long time. Could one scenario be that PG and Mike Dodd could have joined that tour if they wanted to, but decided not to?

As dino writes, "hopefully they are all on good terms". Yes, there don't seem to have been all the drama that surrounded the Splintergroup split. That's why I think that the band has known and accepted the "special conditions" playing with PG entails. These conditions being part of the legal guardian set-up that is controlling - and of course protecting - Peter in his professional life. And this is why none of them has spoken about the collaboration in interviews, on homepages and so on. Notice that Mike Dodd never has either.

The mystery is whether Peter actually became physically ill, had a mental breakdown or both. Why was he "taken to hospital"? Could it be that mongering this "hospital rumour" was the easiest/best way to get out of the few last concert commitments? And that the lack of openness surrounding the whole thing has more to do with contractual business than paranoia from the PG organization?

Wouldn't it be great if Martin Celmins could be allowed to continue The Biography? There is plenty of material from the last 10 years or so to be elaborated upon.

Ahhh.... the mind boggles. Of course this is all figments of the brain on a saturday morning. Let's be grateful for these 18 months of heavenly stanza and bluesy, worldly singing - pregnant with emotion (this is getting a bit Shakespearian), clips on Youtube put there by committed guerillas of the Peter Green "tone". And let's keep the hope that Mike Dodd, PG and others are now simmering on a project to make a live album of these special18 months in time.

Ms Moose