User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I implied artists make the majority of their money via tours, nowadays. 30 years ago probably were the albums. But, I must add it's the record company who is the main interested in money.
They are ALL interested in money, the record companies AND the artists.
Even Lindsey thinks about money, don't kid yourself. He isn't willing to sell his soul for money, but he's very obviously not averse to making money or making choices that will earn him lots of money -- i.e., the "big machine" stuff that he has been consistently willing to do (FM tours, FM albums etc). It's just that he isn't so willing to compromise on the content of the albums, tours etc. He lives a very wealthy lifestyle and has for a long time.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LB could take a hit on the solo side because of the Big Machine pay checks.

It'll be harder for him to do that now.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Even Lindsey thinks about money, don't kid yourself. He isn't willing to sell his soul for money, but he's very obviously not averse to making money or making choices that will earn him lots of money :
That's why I said the main interested in money, not the only interested,
Old 09-23-2019, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default from Boston 4 months ago

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

He looks fantastic! Makes me so happy
Old 09-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

if I could I'd 'like' this a thousand times!
Old 09-23-2019, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful. I figured he could whisper since you don’t use your vocal chords for that.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Beautiful. I figured he could whisper since you don’t use your vocal chords for that.
When I get laryngitis, my doctor tells me whispering is as bad as screaming.

But I don't claim to be an expert.

I hope he is doing better. But he's been whispering on albums for years so this shouldn't hinder his ability to make new music.

Seriously, I think that even if he can't tour, he would need to do publicity in conjunction with the release of BLUE LIGHT(?).

And if he can't talk, he can't do publicity.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time. People want to hear what he has to say and what he has to say in his art, in light of recent betrayals--and opportunity for a fresh start.

That's why I think he needs to get BLUE LIGHT out NOW, no matter the cost, and then release an album absolutely tearing down the traitors, which hopefully he has been working on, as soon as he is physically able to record and tour.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

What a strange feeling.
I am happy.
I am sad.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-25-2019, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

I hope he is doing better. But he's been whispering on albums for years so this shouldn't hinder his ability to make new music.

Seriously, I think that even if he can't tour, he would need to do publicity in conjunction with the release of BLUE LIGHT(?).

It couldn't have happened at a worse time. People want to hear what he has to say and what he has to say in his art, in light of recent betrayals--and opportunity for a fresh start.

That's why I think he needs to get BLUE LIGHT out NOW, no matter the cost, and then release an album absolutely tearing down the traitors, which hopefully he has been working on, as soon as he is physically able to record and tour.
Obviously we want to see him in interviews, if we had our druthers, but if there are voice issues, he can write his answers (he can still write on Instagram like he had been doing) or they could have someone voice them. I guess I say this because I’m a Joshua Jackson fan and he was in the play Children of a Lesser God and his costar was a deaf woman who preferred not to speak. They did lots of interviews and she had an interpreter. She is on The Walking Dead now. Lindsey could explain to the interviewers that it’s temporary, while his vocal cords are healing

Last edited by michelej1; 09-25-2019 at 04:19 PM..
Old 09-25-2019, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It has to be a true whisper where you are just blowing air through the larynx. He can’t do that .... horrible thing he likes to do on ballads, because that did involve his vocal chords.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

plenty of actors, singers, authors and others do their interviews back and forth over email. the control freak types love it because it gives them time to think and edit before sending.

think of it, he could have a pre-typed list of phrases off to one side, and then just cut and paste them as desired into his answers to whichever question. things like: 'circular', 'it was very organic', 'big machine, little machine', 'creative destiny', etc. Heck, we could make a pick-list for him and he wouldn't even have to do that part!
Old 09-25-2019, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok. I will start typing up all the compartmentalize answers for him.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am distressed that Lindsey was buying bbq corn chips. That's not the kind of life I wanted for him.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am distressed that Lindsey was buying bbq corn chips. That's not the kind of life I wanted for him.
My god people were making a big deal out of his chips!

Health problems aside.
He's a man.
He's a millionaire.
He's had a great life.
I'm sure he wants to stick around for his family, but we can't live in a bubble.

Eat those chips, drink that drink you love, enjoy life. When the ride's over, it's over. Enjoy life while you can!