The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont think a biopic movie would work particularly well. Those that have been made always end up trying to cram too much into too short a period of time. As a fan I end up having to stop myself from screaming at the screen as they tend to be factually inaccurate or just not make proper sense.

I dont even think a full movie set during a small time period (1975-1979) would properly do justice to their stories.

I think it would be ideal for a mini-series though.
Would love to see;
Episode 1: The Blues years 1967-1970
Episode 2: Transition 1970-1974
Episode 3: Making it big 1975-1978
Episode 4: Indulgence 1978-1984
Episode 5: The Come Back 1985-1990
Episode 6: Whatever's left 1990-onwards
Old 12-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I dont think a biopic movie would work particularly well. Those that have been made always end up trying to cram too much into too short a period of time. As a fan I end up having to stop myself from screaming at the screen as they tend to be factually inaccurate or just not make proper sense.

I dont even think a full movie set during a small time period (1975-1979) would properly do justice to their stories.

Would love to see;
I like that idea a lot actually. The only problem is, from a storytelling point of view, you really can't leave it until episode three to introduce essentially the two main characters of the story.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hum.Some of the actors names mentioned are unknowns to me.
Thats what happens when yours truly disconnect with the current world of Hollywood."More likely 25 years or so".

We got to remember FM is not a overrated band or artists like some others are.

Fan would love to see a movie or a teleflix about their favorite band but they will pick the movie to pieces and find errors with the film.

Sissy Spacek could play the current Stevie.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-15-2014, 12:12 PM

It's not impossible doing a movie about a long career such as that that of Fleetwood Mac.
I wouldn't be disappointed even if it was a movie just recounting a determined piece of their history, the only condition is that it should be a GOOD movie.
There are a lot of good rock biopics, for example "I'm not there" about Bob Dylan, "Ray" about Ray Charles, "Walk the line" about Johnny Cash, "The doors" etc.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn It On View Post
I like that idea a lot actually. The only problem is, from a storytelling point of view, you really can't leave it until episode three to introduce essentially the two main characters of the story.
No, Mick & John were pretty much there at the beginning.

That said, I'm sick to DEATH of the very NOTION that Lindsey & Stevie are the "be all, end all" of Fleetwood Mac. Every GD time somebody posts something like "essentially the two main characters", I go ballistic.

The only reason that they're even IN the band is money, not "artistic value". Because once they joined, Fleetwood Mac stopped being "creative".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It's not impossible doing a movie about a long career such as that that of Fleetwood Mac.
I wouldn't be disappointed even if it was a movie just recounting a determined piece of their history, the only condition is that it should be a GOOD movie.
There are a lot of good rock biopics, for example "I'm not there" about Bob Dylan, "Ray" about Ray Charles, "Walk the line" about Johnny Cash, "The doors" etc.
Speaking of Walk The Line, Joaquin Phoenix as Peter Green.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like "I'm Not There", they could also have multiple actors play the members at various stages of their lives. Like for Lindsey, have Bradley Cooper for the White Album/Rumours era, Glenn Howerton for the Tusk/Mirage era, Paul Rudd for the post Tango era, etc.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn It On View Post
It would be the Fleetwood Mac Story, not the Buckingham Nicks Story!

That said, I suppose you could open with them taking the stage in Minneapolis. A teary eyed Mick Fleetwood would then go into flashback mode and reminisce starting with his first meeting with Peter.

In fact, each episode could start with a different song being played live at Minneapolis before Mick thinks back to a different period in time.

Or would that be too cheesy?
Old 12-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can have parallel narratives… show FM with PG and what's going on with them, and in alternating scenes show what's going on in San Francisco with this band Fritz and their two members who break away and move to LA as a duo and their failed record etc… show what FM was doing in, say, 1971 and show what BN was doing in 1971 and the series of events and decisions along these two paths over a few years that inevitably lead to those paths crossing in late 1974 at Sound City.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You can have parallel narratives… show FM with PG and what's going on with them, and in alternating scenes show what's going on in San Francisco with this band Fritz and their two members who break away and move to LA as a duo and their failed record etc… show what FM was doing in, say, 1971 and show what BN was doing in 1971 and the series of events and decisions along these two paths over a few years that inevitably lead to those paths crossing in late 1974 at Sound City.
That could work, but I would still argue that you would need to have them meet at the end of the first episode. Look, I'm as big a fan of the pre-BN stuff as anyone, and any director and writer worth their salt would make it so that it was Mick and John who were the two 'anchors' of any story.
However, I'm just being realistic here. It would probably be made to appeal to the common denominator - who are the two people in the band most people (not us) care about? Stevie and Lindsey. Any movie or telly show that was going to ever get off the ground would have that pair as the two leads. It sucks, but what can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum
Or would that be too cheesy?
Yes!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm. And leave out The Bluesbreakers, the recruitment of Danny Kirwan, Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Man of the World, reaching number 1 in the UK with Albatross, recording at Chess Records, Then Play On, the Munich incident, Peter Green leaving, Christine McVie joining, Kiln House, Bob Welch joining... etc.
Just cut to 1971? Perhaps a movie should be made about just the first 3 years of the band.
Shame Richard E Grant is getting on a bit. I'm thinking of him in Withnail and I and picturing him as a young Mick Fleetwood.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aaron Taylor Johnson as Lindsey?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...48_964x641.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...44_964x641.jpg
Old 12-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm. And leave out The Bluesbreakers, the recruitment of Danny Kirwan, Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Man of the World, reaching number 1 in the UK with Albatross, recording at Chess Records, Then Play On, the Munich incident, Peter Green leaving, Christine McVie joining, Kiln House, Bob Welch joining... etc.
Just cut to 1971? Perhaps a movie should be made about just the first 3 years of the band.
Shame Richard E Grant is getting on a bit. I'm thinking of him in Withnail and I and picturing him as a young Mick Fleetwood.
you misunderstood my post. I picked 1971 as a random example, not as an actual recommendation. I was just saying you could have Stevie and Lindsey in the story long before the 3rd episode (the original complaint) by weaving in the stories of the separate threads of FM and BN until the point they meet up. Pick 1967, pick 1972, pick 1969…… just pick somewhere to start.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you misunderstood my post. I picked 1971 as a random example, not as an actual recommendation. I was just saying you could have Stevie and Lindsey in the story long before the 3rd episode (the original complaint) by weaving in the stories of the separate threads of FM and BN until the point they meet up. Pick 1967, pick 1972, pick 1969…… just pick somewhere to start.

Fair enough. In that case I offer my apologies- it didnt read like that to me.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Would love to see;
All very great talking points about a movie that, no doubt, would be entitled something similar to what The Eagles have just, only just done.

The History of Fleetwood Mac : Secrets, Lies and Sexy (sleaze).

But, to my way of thinking, yes of course that would and could be a great "by the fans/Ledge and for the fans"-style movie, think, Kickstarter launch analogous to the Veronica Mars Film.

So, yeah, can be done, but the band would be relying on us hardcore/Ledge fans to, y'know - subsidise the great risk that it would be a bomb at the box office for the centre fanbase who see F. Mac as "A/C"/adult contemporaries.

SO?

Yes, a Fleetwood Mac movie would and does work. They did it for Tusk. They did it for Destiny Rules

but,

IT NEEDS A NEW ALBUM TO PUSH IT - FORWARD TO Actually, mAKE SOME MONEY!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Would love to see;
Yes .I was thinking of a miniseries format on MTV/VH1.It would fit into their schedules great 20 plus years ago when the channels were good a were playing music vids and docu's without the current reality BS shows and other unrelated to music programs they all air now.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016