The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

I saw the Eagles last year and expected the same greatest hits set list the Mac does. I was pleasantly surprised they did a lot of solo material besides Eagles hits. It was nice to get a show of what each member can do individually. The best part for me was Joe going over the top with his James Gang stuff. If the Eagles can avoid a standard greatest hits show then the Mac could too...if they wanted to. I don't know if the Eagles change songs during the tour but I was glad they didn't stick stricly to Eagles mega hits.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda
I saw the Eagles last year and expected the same greatest hits set list the Mac does. I was pleasantly surprised they did a lot of solo material besides Eagles hits. It was nice to get a show of what each member can do individually. The best part for me was Joe going over the top with his James Gang stuff. If the Eagles can avoid a standard greatest hits show then the Mac could too...if they wanted to. I don't know if the Eagles change songs during the tour but I was glad they didn't stick stricly to Eagles mega hits.
I think they stick to the same setlist each night. I enjoyed the concert but I can't say that it wasn't a greatest hits concert. That's basically what it was. Sure they threw in solo stuff from Don, Joe and Glenn, but we're talking about "Walk Away," "Rocky Mountain Way," "Boys of Summer," "You Belong to the City," and "Dirty Laundry." As for the rest of the set (the non-solo stuff), it was greatest hits all around.

I actually would put the Eagles show in 2003 as much more of a greatest hits show than the Mac has been putting on. Fleetwood Mac isn't really putting on as much of a greatest hits show as we (the die-hards) are making it out to be. Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara, Gypsy, Big Love (and that's a stretch), Landslide, Tusk, Stand Back, GYOW and Don't Stop are the major hits I can see in the current set. The other Rumours songs (GDW, The Chain, SHN, NGBA) may be in the setlist in almost every tour, but they weren't huge hits.

Now that that's been said, I'm glad that the Mac is out making music and touring...and I'm glad I saw both them and the Eagles in the last year.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

You may be right in some respects, but how different is this show from what they played during The Dance? Except for dropping Chris's material for a few SYW songs, every single song you mentioned was in that set list too. SYW is really The Dance all over again. Thank god for Beautiful Child and IKINW.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As for how it breaks down, if memory serves, this is what The Dance and Say You Will tours have in common:

The Chain
Dreams
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Gypsy (though not for this second U.S. leg of SYW tour)
Landslide
Big Love
Silver Springs
Stand Back
Rhiannon
Second Hand News
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don't Stop

These were part of The Dance tour, but aren't a part of the Say You Will tour:

You Make Loving Fun
Say You Love Me
Over My Head
Temporary One
Oh Daddy
Everywhere
Songbird
Sweet Girl
Bleed to Love Her
Not That Funny
Go Insane
My Little Demon
Farmer's Daughter

These are or have been part of the Say You Will tour, but weren't a part of The Dance tour:

Beautiful Child
Say Goodbye
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Never Going Back Again
World Turning
Come
Eyes of the World
Red Rover
Say You Will
Goodbye Baby
Peacekeeper
What's the World Coming To
Sara

(I guess we can mention Destiny Rules, Don't Let Me Down Again, though they may not be back.)

Last edited by Les; 05-16-2004 at 04:16 PM..
Old 05-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les

Beautiful Child
Say Goodbye
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Never Going Back Again
World Turning
Come
Eyes of the World
Red Rover
Say You Will
Goodbye Baby
Peacekeeper
What's the World Coming To
Sara

(I guess we can mention Destiny Rules, Don't Let Me Down Again, though they may not be back.)
You're right, but only some of these are played now. Not all are part of a new setlist. Some were only on the first leg. Ok. It's The Dance Plus.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I don't think Joe ever left(did he?). Of course, they fired Don Felder.
He was fired? That's weird. He was one of the founding members, wasn't he?

As for a FM/Eagles tour.. sure, that'd be great. Just fire Henley and Timmothy B. Schmidt and get Don Felder back in the band and I'll gladly pay to see them. Unfortunately, hell would have to freeze over (pun not intended) before Henley left the band. Pfft.

-Kate
Old 05-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda
You're right, but only some of these are played now. Not all are part of a new setlist.
Yes, they switched out Eyes of the World and What's the World Coming To from the first leg for I Know I'm Not Wrong and Red Rover in the second leg. The rest in that list remain in the set. I think it's 13 songs the same from The Dance and 11 songs different from The Dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx
He was fired? That's weird. He was one of the founding members, wasn't he?
I don't think Felder was a founding member. The band was created in 1972 and I think Felder joined in 1974. But I thought I remembered reading that he'd been made an equal partner (in legal terms) along with Henley and Frey some years back. So Felder filed suit against Henley and Frey when he was fired in 2001 or was it 2002? Can't remember. I don't know if that's been settled yet or not....