The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure if the bangs are an improvement or not. I hated her hair parted down the middle, but she looks a bit like a drag queen in some of these pics. Maybe it's that scarf.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:09 PM
joe

sing to the tune of "my boyfriend's back"

"her bangs are back
and she looks a whole lot better...
hey la hey la
the bangs are back"
Old 05-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default re:

The bangs dont look nearly as horrible when her hair is parted in the middle. When she parts it on the side they look hideous. Also, the sides look much more sleeker which is way cool. It almost reminds me of the 'do she had on the Arsenio show back in '91.

THANK GOD she didnt wear the "outfit". If I never see that short sleeved buttoned down top again it will be too soon!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

egad, when is Lindsey going to change that gawd awful white shirt! It was nice the first hundred times he wore it, but it needs to go now! I hope he isn't planning on wearing that the entire second leg!

I didn't think I liked Stevie with the longer bangs, but looking at the pics of her and Tom Petty (link posted above by Pip) I think I like the longer bangs better than the short ones. oh well, either way she looks good.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe68
The bangs dont look nearly as horrible when her hair is parted in the middle. When she parts it on the side they look hideous. Also, the sides look much more sleeker which is way cool. It almost reminds me of the 'do she had on the Arsenio show back in '91.

THANK GOD she didnt wear the "outfit". If I never see that short sleeved buttoned down top again it will be too soon!!!!!!
I love it, but it reminds me a little of Joan Crawford's page boy do in the 50's LOL

WE LOVE YOU STEVIE!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What are "bangs"? Apart from sounds during violent attacks?

Old 05-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In most of the pictures from last year's tour, the lack of bangs caused Stevie to look downright frumpy. That long fringe didn't flatter her features at all.

Aesthetically, I'm glad the bangs are back.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
What are "bangs"? Apart from sounds during violent attacks?
"Bangs" are when your hair is cut and combed to fall in a, traditionally, straight line above your eyebrows.

Not the best explanation, but that's basically it.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
"Bangs" are when your hair is cut and combed to fall in a, traditionally, straight line above your eyebrows.

Not the best explanation, but that's basically it.
Thanks. Totally clear, Johnny. We call it " a Pony ".

Old 05-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Aesthetically, I worry more about DVD-covers.

sorry. Couldn't resist.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In most of the pictures from last year's tour, the lack of bangs caused Stevie to look downright frumpy. That long fringe didn't flatter her features at all.

The bangs make her look downright frumpy. She needs to add some volume to her hair and throw some curls into the mix. The straight blonde hair doesn't look good on her anymore. If she's going to wear bangs, she needs to learn how to do so. They can't be as thick as the rest of her hair, they can't cover her eyebrows, and she can't wear them with her hair being parted like she usually has it. You don't just grow bangs and say "Hey, I have bangs." Otherwise, they look like ****.

Old 05-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Woo-hoo!!! Me likey the bangs. Thank god!
Old 05-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
The bangs make her look downright frumpy. She needs to add some volume to her hair and throw some curls into the mix. The straight blonde hair doesn't look good on her anymore. If she's going to wear bangs, she needs to learn how to do so. They can't be as thick as the rest of her hair, they can't cover her eyebrows, and she can't wear them with her hair being parted like she usually has it. You don't just grow bangs and say "Hey, I have bangs." Otherwise, they look like ****.
While I agree that she should add some waves or curls to her overall hairstyle, I disagree about the bangs making her look frumpy.
They frame her face and soften her overall appearance. The way she wore her hair last year, just dragged her face down and made her look older than she needs to look.

Plus, there's no set rule on how thick or thin your bangs should be, or even whether or not they touch or cover your eyebrows. And I'm glad she doesn't have them trimmed as high as she did for her 1998 Leno appearance. They looked as if someone had tried to straighten them out, and kept cutting them shorter and shorter in the process!

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 05-06-2004 at 02:09 PM..
Old 05-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Thanks. Totally clear, Johnny. We call it " a Pony ".
But then, what do you call a pony-tail?
Old 05-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plus, there's no set rule on how thick or thin your bangs should be, or even whether or not they touch or cover your eyebrows.
There isn't? It's a rule of thumb that you're bangs should be thinner than the rest of your hair. My grandmother had a salon out of her house and I remember her screaming bloody murder when she'd see the bangs of some of the people who walked in. And if she wants them thick, they shouldn't cover her eyebrows. Consult a salon, Le Stew.

Sorry, the bangs make her look like she's trying to cover up a brow lift.