User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
Well, it certainly makes sense. I've always wondered how the brokers consistently get all the best seats. I also found out recently that all of the broker sites, including TicketExchange, are just one big pool of tickets. This may be old news to some, but I just found out. I had posted a ticket to the Detroit show on TicketExchange because it was the best way to try to sell it last minute and still get it to the buyer on time. It was a single seat. I noticed on Goldcoasttickets.com that they had a single seat listed in the same section and row as mine for twice as much as what I had it listed for on TE. Well, I decided to go after all (couldn't not go with a 4th row seat) and when I removed it from TE, it disappeared from Goldcoast also.

So, all of the brokers are just trying to sell the same bunch of tickets. I guess if the band is making some of the profit, it's a little better. But they should just be up front about it and charge $500 or whatever for tickets in the first few rows. What they should really do though is make those seats available to die hards for the same price as the rest of the seats. Looks like that will never happen though.

So, seems like whatever doesn't sell on the scalper sites just gets thrown back into the pot before the show.
The brokers get the 'good' seats because they are aligned with TM and you're right, what doesn't sell gets 'thrown' back to TM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.mcall.com/all-ent-qa-flee...,5731403.story

interesting...