Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
During the first Q&A a couple years ago, he did request some questions that 'weren't so flattering'-- so I don't think he'd be insulted by honest expressions of frustration. And if he wants to skip it, he can skip it, big deal.

-Lis
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would have not so flattering questions and comments for Stevie and Lindsey.

But John....never.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would have not so flattering questions and comments for Stevie and Lindsey.

But John....never.
Is he still a republican? So, I can think of one. *who am I kidding? I love john*

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-01-2006, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My point is, if Mick will peddle wine at Ralphs for cash, why not tell someone to release this shiit on DVD for cash? How hard can it be for him to say "put it out". We all know he will cash in on anything, and with this its a easy lazy effort on his behalf if all the other people/companies put it out. Wasn't he the one behind the 1992 box set?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Whilst we are on thjis subject, another major cripe is why do the band release straight to DVD ports from VHS/TV as in the Tango In The Night DVD and Denstiny Rules DVD, where were the extra features:

Tango In The Night - Could have had the Full Concert, extra backstage footage

Destiny Rules: Well we know they shot masses of material and all we got was a straight port over from the VH1 show, missed oppourtunity.

And lastly I know that the Tusk DVD-A is sitting on the shelf complete, but has yet to be released, also the White Album and Trouble In Shangri-La were rumoured to be given the 5:1 treatmant by Ken Caillait. So why are these not released?

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 05-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod
And lastly I know that the Tusk DVD-A is sitting on the shelf complete, but has yet to be released, also the White Album and Trouble In Shangri-La were rumoured to be given the 5:1 treatmant by Ken Caillait. So why are these not released?
I won't be surprised if these never see the light of day, and not even because they're Fleetwood Mac products. Hybrid CDs seem to have won the day and have become the preferred format for folks looking for something better than a standard stereo CD. I just don't expect many more DVD-As to be hitting the shelves anytime soon.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod

Tango In The Night - Could have had the Full Concert, extra backstage footage

Destiny Rules: Well we know they shot masses of material and all we got was a straight port over from the VH1 show, missed oppourtunity.
I absolutely agree. There are so many great TITN era interviews out there, even a few of them put together on the DVD would have been something. Same goes for The Dance -- a little extra would have been the icing on the cake.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
Same goes for The Dance -- a little extra would have been the icing on the cake.
That's slightly unfair. DVDs were a very new technology when The Dance was released. There was no such thing as all these two-disc box-set special-features collector's-edition packages. Loading up DVDs with all kinds of extra material just hadn't occurred to most marketing departments yet.

Besides, there was something extra on The Dance DVD: five songs that you didn't get to hear on the CD.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I agree...ask him...see what he says.
I don't think it should be a question, but rather a request. John has been without argument the most forthcoming member of the band as far as communication with fans here. It's a great opportunity for us to express to him how much we would love to see these things released and to ask him if he has any control over it, or say in the matter to just see what he can do. You never know!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
That's slightly unfair. DVDs were a very new technology when The Dance was released. There was no such thing as all these two-disc box-set special-features collector's-edition packages. Loading up DVDs with all kinds of extra material just hadn't occurred to most marketing departments yet.

Besides, there was something extra on The Dance DVD: five songs that you didn't get to hear on the CD.
Fair point. Cheerfully withdrawn!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I won't be surprised if these never see the light of day, and not even because they're Fleetwood Mac products. Hybrid CDs seem to have won the day and have become the preferred format for folks looking for something better than a standard stereo CD. I just don't expect many more DVD-As to be hitting the shelves anytime soon.
It's been 2 years now since those Fleetwood Mac & Tusk DVD-Audios were finished & ready to go. I don't think anyone is releasing DVD-Audios anymore. The DVD-Audio format is DEAD. Still, I would have bought them had they been released. I LOVE that Rumours DVD-Audio!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
During the first Q&A a couple years ago, he did request some questions that 'weren't so flattering'
I am super glad to actually hear that because sometimes I read these questions & they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fawning & smarmy & unctuous & so obviously attempts to butter up these guys that I just dry-heave. What is the person supposed to say to being told that he or she makes the sun rise & set for some goofball? "Gee, uh..thanks!" Not only is that sickeningly unctuous & imbecile, but it never produces a response from the artist that is worth reading for anybody else.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
It's been 2 years now since those Fleetwood Mac & Tusk DVD-Audios were finished & ready to go. I don't think anyone is releasing DVD-Audios anymore. The DVD-Audio format is DEAD. Still, I would have bought them had they been released. I LOVE that Rumours DVD-Audio!
you're absolutely right--that format IS dead. All the audiofiles discuss it online in terms of its having been a promising technology that went the way of the betamax. So it would be moronic & futile to expect ken caillat to release those as DVD-A's now.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I am super glad to actually hear that because sometimes I read these questions & they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fawning & smarmy & unctuous & so obviously attempts to butter up these guys that I just dry-heave. What is the person supposed to say to being told that he or she makes the sun rise & set for some goofball? "Gee, uh..thanks!" Not only is that sickeningly unctuous & imbecile, but it never produces a response from the artist that is worth reading for anybody else.
That's what people tend to do though, is to start off with a compliment! i guess it's human nature. i think by now he's just accepted it. I can't exactly cut out everybody's kind words LOL. and FWIW I think many good questions have followed up the compliments!!

-Lis
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what people tend to do though, is to start off with a compliment! i guess it's human nature. i think by now he's just accepted it. I can't exactly cut out everybody's kind words LOL. and FWIW I think many good questions have followed up the compliments!!

-Lis
Not john's q&a, lis.....the stevie nicks Ask Stevie...

you need to start that one off with: "stevie: you wangdoodle you..."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Not to mention several performances that were cut from the MTV broadcast.