Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB is an insecure man

this has been up for days but seems nobody posted it yet -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0qJjgi2ggl...ummer+2013.png

it's just a scan of an article, so non-paste-able.

also, a bit more here -
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...ecure-man.html

Sunday, July 07, 2013
"Lindsey Buckingham Is An Insecure Man" - Classic Rock Magazine Summer 2013
They've had their share of highs and lows, but rock's most dysfunctional band will be reeling back the years on their first tour in four years.

Short Q&A with Mick Fleetwood in the current issue of Classic Rock Magazine - UK. On Newstands now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very sweet about the hand holding to the Clinton stage. That was one of my favorite comments from Disney's Going Home. Although, at the time Mick also mentioned that John and Christine were holding hands as well.

Michele
Old 07-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was certainly very candid and honest in his responses here. He definitely doesn't hold anything back.

This interview was obviously done before the tour started. Wish we knew exactly when.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Did I miss Buckingham divorcing his wife and mother of their three kids at some point? I'm really confused by the playing up of the great Stevie/Lindsey romance he'll "never get over" (according to others). They've been playing this up on stage and in the press and somehow the audience keeps swooning whenever they supposedly show this huge enduring powerful affection for each other. Like John McVie I've been one of those who cares types on this for the last thirty whatever years. I don't see the fairytale romance that was/is/always will be or how it makes so many attracted to the group etc.

Awww, they held hands, that's so powerful and deep. Huh? A married man with kids and a woman he used to live and work with in the '60s-'70s? There are lots of things in the world of celebrity I will never understand (like Justin Beiber's '70s ladies hairdos and make-up) and apparently this is just another one of those things. I take it Mick is seeing dollar signs every time he feeds this "powerful sh*t" as he calls it to the media who lap up the great story behind the music.

Last edited by becca; 07-09-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never bought into this at all. To me it's something sort of created by the press.
I was always drawn to the band because of the music. And only because of the music - the voices, the guitar, the drums, the bass.
Much of what is made of Stevie and Lindsey's relationship is manufactured.
They are old friends - they have a history together on many levels, but I think ultimately they like to sing together and that's really all that matters.
If they hold hands on stage or hug, or whatever - I see it as too almost-elderly friends who have been sharing a stage and studio time for a long long time.
That's really it for me....
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's the first I read an interviewer says For some people Tusk is actually the great Fleetwood Mac album. Interesting.

Stevie was a superstar as a solo artist. Lindsey wasn't. That all hurt him a lot.
Humm.... probably it hurted it in his pride, and because of all the story between them, I guess. But as an artist, I don't think Lindsey was looking for being a superstar. His solo albums weren't designed for a superstar. He was more interested in the art, the work. I don't see his albums intended to be a commercial huge success.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, regardless of taste one thing you have to give Lindsey is that he could manufacture a hit commercial recording if he so wanted.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was "writing songs for Stevie and Christine"??? Come on Mick, you know better.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I've never bought into this at all. To me it's something sort of created by the press.
I was always drawn to the band because of the music. And only because of the music - the voices, the guitar, the drums, the bass.
Much of what is made of Stevie and Lindsey's relationship is manufactured.
They are old friends - they have a history together on many levels, but I think ultimately they like to sing together and that's really all that matters.
If they hold hands on stage or hug, or whatever - I see it as too almost-elderly friends who have been sharing a stage and studio time for a long long time.
That's really it for me....
exactly. It's all scripted as to when and where they'll hug, and it's timed down to the last millisecond. It's "nice", but it's part of the stage act.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lindsey was "writing songs for Stevie and Christine"??? Come on Mick, you know better.

He came up with Dreams, YMLF, Songbird, and the list goes on.... lolol
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think it's the first I read an interviewer says For some people Tusk is actually the great Fleetwood Mac album. Interesting.

Stevie was a superstar as a solo artist. Lindsey wasn't. That all hurt him a lot.
Humm.... probably it hurted it in his pride, and because of all the story between them, I guess. But as an artist, I don't think Lindsey was looking for being a superstar. His solo albums weren't designed for a superstar. He was more interested in the art, the work. I don't see his albums intended to be a commercial huge success.
I agree. Lindsey's solo album weren't designed for commercial success. Infact all his album were more adventerous, very distant from the pattern of making hits for sales.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He came up with Dreams, YMLF, Songbird, and the list goes on.... lolol
I think it's important to distinguish that Lindsey did not write those songs - he contributed instrumentation, which is not substantial enough to get him writing credits.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Why blame the press? Lindsey seems to bring this up repeatedly on his own. He, of all people, should have gotten sick of talking about it by now. But he doesn't seem to. It's either some sick obsession or a calculated marketing ploy.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I think it's important to distinguish that Lindsey did not write those songs - he contributed instrumentation, which is not substantial enough to get him writing credits.
I believe the "lol" at the end of the post meant he was being facetious.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Why blame the press? Lindsey seems to bring this up repeatedly on his own. He, of all people, should have gotten sick of talking about it by now. But he doesn't seem to. It's either some sick obsession or a calculated marketing ploy.
I'm going with the latter.

THE Stephen Hopkins