User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Yeah that's a good idea (using the computer) - I do like my creature comforts though. Lounge room has a leather recliner...bedroom has computer and office-style swivel chair. We have a Panasonic DVD player and a Sanyo DVD player, plus Sony Playstation 3.

I see you're in Brisbane. Any chance you will be attending a Sydney show in addition to the show in your hometown?
Do your computer and TV both have an HDMI port? If so, get yourself an HDMI cable. Mine was about the best $6 I ever spent - I watch a lot of TV shows and movies on my TV via the laptop, and it also allows me to run my iTunes through the TV. I'm still in love with how awesome it is

I'll just be going to both the Brisbane shows (hopefully, if Mick ever sells his meet and greets for the second show). But if there was no second Brisbane show, I was definitely thinking about an interstate one!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
Do your computer and TV both have an HDMI port? If so, get yourself an HDMI cable. Mine was about the best $6 I ever spent - I watch a lot of TV shows and movies on my TV via the laptop, and it also allows me to run my iTunes through the TV. I'm still in love with how awesome it is

I'll just be going to both the Brisbane shows (hopefully, if Mick ever sells his meet and greets for the second show). But if there was no second Brisbane show, I was definitely thinking about an interstate one!
Yes PC and TV both have HDMI ports...a family member has been trying for ages to set up a link between his PC and TV to watch YouTube on big screen to no success v. frustrating, much swearing involved lol

I'm sure you have already thought of this but maybe buy some standard tickets to a Brizzy show just in case Mick does not release more M&G tickets, or in case of M&G tickets selling out too quickly.

I'll be at the second Sydney show - any other Ledgies going to be there? Have not seen Fleetwood Mac live before so I'm very excited! Was hoping to see 2 or 3 shows but the first Sydney show sold out and the third one announced prematurely on Nicks Fix never eventuated. Interstate and overseas shows are outside my budget at the moment.

Doubtful Miracle how many times have you seen FM...how was it?

Last edited by secret love; 07-05-2013 at 02:35 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure you have already thought of this but maybe buy some standard tickets to a Brizzy show just in case Mick does not release more M&G tickets, or in case of M&G tickets selling out too quickly.

Doubtful Miracle how many times have you seen FM...how was it?
I'll definitely keep my options open, but considering how difficult it was to get good tickets the first time around, I'm content to wait to see what comes up later through Ticketek.

I've only seen FM twice, in 2009. Clearly, they were amazing My reviews are in this thread if you're interested.

And to maintain some semblance of on-topicness, I must say I've never seen the TITN concert. I think for the same reason as I've avoided Stevie's Live at Red Rocks -- I'm just not sure I want to see her in that state I might check out some YouTube clips of Christine's songs though. And maybe one day when I can face the trauma of Stevie's darkest years, I'll complete my collection
Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
I'll definitely keep my options open, but considering how difficult it was to get good tickets the first time around, I'm content to wait to see what comes up later through Ticketek.

I've only seen FM twice, in 2009. Clearly, they were amazing My reviews are in this thread if you're interested.

And to maintain some semblance of on-topicness, I must say I've never seen the TITN concert. I think for the same reason as I've avoided Stevie's Live at Red Rocks -- I'm just not sure I want to see her in that state I might check out some YouTube clips of Christine's songs though. And maybe one day when I can face the trauma of Stevie's darkest years, I'll complete my collection
I think she was still doing coke when Red Rocks was filmed. She does not appear to be completely "out of it" at the Tango in the Night concert. She is simply less energetic than normal...she was 25 years younger than she is now but her performance at this concert has the same amount of energy, maybe less, than she displays while performing now, on the Live 2013 tour. If my memory is correct there were no twirls. Not much slow dancing (a brief curtsy during Seven Wonders). Minimal hand gestures. Not much if any air guitar or play drumming. She just cruises through a fair few of the performances on autopilot almost.

Do not know what the psychiatrist was thinking when he prescribed Klonopin...for a start, giving someone a tranquilizer is not going to stop them doing cocaine. If she desperately wanted to continue doing coke she would have, regardless of whether she was on Klonopin or not. Surely the psych would have realised a drug that dampens one's spirits and drains away all of one's energy is not a good drug for someone who makes a living performing to take...The doctor's motives in prescribing the drug seem questionable.

That aside, I am glad I have the DVD for Seven Wonders, the rather weird, spacey version of Dreams and the odd rendition of Everywhere with extra Stevie vocals. Most of the highlights are Christine songs or Peter Green songs but Stevie's performances are still worth watching. Buy it - you will not regret it!

Last edited by secret love; 07-05-2013 at 06:38 AM..
Old 07-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As a side note, does anyone else think that Stevie wears a lot more make-up than she did in the 80's/90's/00's? She appears overly made-up in videos from the current tour, like a gorgeous clown.
I certainly do. Stevie looks gorgeous for her age, but her eye make-up is way too much for her face. Someone needs to buy the woman a blending brush.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Such a horrible, cringe inducing video. The close ups of Stevie are so embarrassing. It's like it was a modeling video for Stevie. I watched it once and NEVER again. One of the low points of FM for me.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Such a horrible, cringe inducing video. The close ups of Stevie are so embarrassing. It's like it was a modeling video for Stevie. I watched it once and NEVER again. One of the low points of FM for me.
Not to mention the closeups allow you to see that big chip in her front tooth. Wonder what the story behind that is.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Stevie's hair in the video.

Yes the video has alot of post production in it as mentioned .I wish they just let the cameras run and film the complete 2 hours of the show.The sound was great when it was on Showtime through my stereo TV.

I ordered Showtime especially to watch this show.I've done the same for the Red Rocks show.

I wish the HBO show had better sound.But that was before TV went stereo.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hahaha!!!! That made me laugh!! I keep getting visuals...
OMG! It made me get visuals too. I WAS drinking a coke when I read the suggestion.

A gong at Stevie's spot on the stage, the puzzled looks the audience members would have had. Then "Everywhere" starts, and at the right moment, "Ooooooh Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Iiiiiiiiiiiii, Loud-echoing BONGGGG!!!, i wanna be with you... "