User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Michele, this time, I beg to differ. LB was trashed! Period!
Yeah, I don't see that. And I don't think his antics were any different than from previous shows. Of course, maybe he was drunk (or high from some other source) the entire tour, I wouldn't know. But he certainly was antic and that was a pleasure. He was so staid, by comparison, on the Dance dvd, that it was interesting to actually see the show live and find manic Lindsey again. At the time, I had not seen him on stage for years and I didn't know that side of him still existed.

I don't think he was acting any different for the Landover show than any other, except that the whole show was more emotional, in a way and I felt that some things were exaggerated or a little removed. For all of them.

Michele
Old 07-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

I remember there were several comments made toward the end of The Dance Tour about LB's drinking. He supposely needed help to leave Stevie's Phoenix Heart show wind up party, according to people who commented somewhere on the Nicks Fix way back then. Please, no haters...I love them all, but it is what it is.

I'm imagining that The Dance Tour was one heck of a reckoning for all members of FM but I'm inclined to believe something might have happened between S&L, Destiny Rules, overseas, "the only time we could be alone and foolish" (?),
and then Kristen got pregnant, Thrown Down, "a decision no one made" (?). Maybe it built while in the states and overseas was far enough away to throw caution to the wind....who knows, maybe I'm just seeing what the song lyrics want me to see? But...

The strain in most bands with major history is almost always apparent, add ex-lovers to the mix and it must get CRAZY! So alcohol abuse or accidentally getting trashed before a show, whatever, on occasion is pretty understandable. These are emotionally high-strung people. I saw two shows during the tour and they were great and no one seemed high on anything. But, LB at Landover, looked like a man on EDGE!

Btw, no shipper here...I have plenty to keep me busy in my own marriage so just calling it like I see it. Love and hate are such strong emotions but a love/hate relationship with the intensity of feeling they've been forced to endure to be in FM is absolutely overwhelming and very difficult for anyone I've known in one, whether it be lovers, children and parents, etc..
Old 07-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I would think there is meaning in both Stevie's songs following the Dance tour and Lindsey's Under the Skin songs. They all seem to be about the same thing.

I saw many Dance shows, but not enough and not as many as I would have seen if I'd known that Christine was leaving. Through October 1997 I was happy to see consecutive shows in California and Vegas. I try to catch the first and last shows, but I am always upset about the long gaps of time where I miss shows, when they are playing the East coast. It makes me sad for them to be on tour and out of my reach distance wise or financially.

However, it is always fun to see the way a show progresses from month to month as well and to notice the changes, what works better, who is leaving the stage instead of staying through Not That Funny and who is not hugging whom any longer.

As for Lindsey, I don't think I've seen him drunk at the Landover show or any other, but he freely admitted to doing marijuana still. Who knows what else was going on. It was interesting to watch his personality come through and his weight come down over the course of that tour. I'm hardly scandalized by the thought that any of them partook of controlled substances.

Michele
Old 07-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for the thoughtful discussion, Michele. I really enjoy your comments, just wanted to say so...😊