User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara

Pip, Im proud of you... I used to weigh almost 200 lbs... now im around 135... (gained weight this summer and currently dieting)... so 10 lbs to go and Im set. Good for you Pip!
Well done Stephanie!! It's a contant battle tho eh? I have gained around 18lbs of what I lost and I'm dieting again to be sure it doesn't creep up even more. Good luck with your last 10lbs... I know you can do it!

Pip
Old 08-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by 4Buck

......As for being anti-woman - that's nonsense, as I'm a woman myself.
So? I've seen plenty of women be anti-woman, more so than men sometimes. I hope nothing bad ever happens to you.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Well done with your weight loss!!!

Pip
Thanks!!!!

I really was not that hard for me once I put my mind to it as I am pretty hard headed at times!!!!!! The hardest part to me was portion control, which for me was the most important thing. I mean who the hell wants to eat just a small slice of anything fattening!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, my weight can fluxuate... after I got really big (around age 23-27), then back down to where I should be... I was ok for a while, but then I noticed as Im getting into my 30's its easier to gain weight and harder to lose it. But I also know it CAN be done, just takes persistence and exersise. Ive fluxuated around 10-20 lbs... and since Im a woman, each month brings that "special time" where I gain a little/lose a little anyway. Just as long as I dont get TOO big again... yikes. Nothing WRONG with larger people, mind you, but just not the healthy choice for me personally. Good luck to you too Pip ~ I really mean that.

I guess in general Im a compassionate person... so hence why Ill defend things like Stevie's weight gain (and loss, and gain and loss) and medicines to help the mind. Like Sheryl Crow sings "If it makes you happy, it cant be that bad!"

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 08-27-2003, 02:44 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Tell me something... have you ever been overweight? Obese? Stevie did get heavy but I would never class her as obese. Who gives a hit how much someone weighs anyway? last year I lost over 70lbs and I have struggled with my weight for most of my life. But I'm still the same person I was back then... people still love me for the same reasons they did not just because I am thinner. This probably sounds very rude and 'm sorry if it does but how can someone weight affect you as to how much you enjoy a concert?? Get over it!

Obese means that you weigh 30 pouns overweight and she did! She said that she weighed 175 pounds and is only 5 feet tall, which is very short. Plus, it is not her fault. She was on medication at the time, which can make you gain wieght. I am just saying she did not look that great. Maybe it is just because I am comparing her to who I see now. She looks great now!

Pip

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 08-27-2003, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe we should all agree to disagree. We aren't even talking about Stevie anymore. But I think we can all agree that she is the best singer in the world, regardless of how much she used to weigh! Also, I do think it is a bit strange that some people won't admit that she looks better now that she lost the weight then she did back during the street angel days. I think it is pretty obvious and I am very happy for her because I'm sure it gives her a lot more confidence which is a quality I can clearly see in her today.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 08-27-2003, 04:36 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by trackaghost

Say Stevie was ugly, would that mean you wouldn't like her music? Even if Rhiannon, Dreams and Gypsy sounded exactly the same?

It's a strange old world I tell ya....
I have often asked myself that. I concluded I do not know the answer because I equate her music so much with her image, esp in live performances and in videos. For example, every single time I hear Gypsy, I think of her dancing in the bar, then the rain, then in front of the mirror, then in the woods with the kids, etc. But then, when I hear CM, I do not think of images at all, just the great music and her happy words. Same for LB - I never automatically associate his image with his music. So, I guess that means I would like SN if I never saw her or, for that matter, watched her on video at least five times a day for like 15 years (hyperbole)

Old 08-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Say Stevie was ugly, would that mean you wouldn't like her music? Even if Rhiannon, Dreams and Gypsy sounded exactly the same?
If she looked like Sally Kirkland does these days, I'd still love her just as much.

When i first heard her, I had never seen her before in my life. The lyrics were just so beautiful and her voice was MESMERIZING. I just remember thinking that this woman had the most amazing voices I'd ever heard. I kept hearing her songs all over the radio (I knew it was her everytime because her voice is unmistakable) and I eventually bought everything she was attached to. So, I was a fan before I even saw what she looked like! It wouldn't matter how she looks; the music and the voice is just the same.

Old 08-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
If she looked like Sally Kirkland does these days, I'd still love her just as much.
I love ole Sally!!!!!!!! She hauls out every year for the Academy Awards with such flair even if she has no clue where or who she is!!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I love ole Sally!!!!!!!! She hauls out every year for the Academy Awards with such flair even if she has no clue where or who she is!!!!
You got that right! Some of the things she wears...oy vey.

I still think it is a CRIME that she didn't win back in '87 for "Anna." Her performance was possibly one of the best ever put on film; simply brialliant.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

When i first heard her, I had never seen her before in my life. The lyrics were just so beautiful and her voice was MESMERIZING. I just remember thinking that this woman had the most amazing voices I'd ever heard. I kept hearing her songs all over the radio (I knew it was her everytime because her voice is unmistakable) and I eventually bought everything she was attached to. So, I was a fan before I even saw what she looked like! It wouldn't matter how she looks; the music and the voice is just the same.
Same here, dissention. I didn't even know who she was when I heard Rhiannon on the radio but the song and her voice kept coming back to me. It wasn't untill I saw GYOW on tv that I recognized her voice from Rhiannon. That she looked good and sexy and all that was cool but not the main reason why I liked her. I liked her voice and her songs.

As for the weight, I don't care how she looks, I do care about her health and happiness. In the Room On Fire video she's pretty overweighed but she looks happy. That's all that matters: her happiness, her songs, her voice and her health. Who cares wether she's sexy or not?! She's a natural beauty and she can't help that.
Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 08-28-2003, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In my opinion beauty comes from within.

Pip
Old 08-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah she looks better but on the other hand a lot of people think the Street Angel tour was her best in years, that she sounded incredible on it and was performing better than ever.

You seem to like her more because she is "sexy" than the music. Sure its a nice package deal to be good looking and talented but in 20 years time I bet ya Stevie won't have her looks anymore (if she's still around - I hope so), it happens to us all and no amount of dieting or Botox can stop it. Will you stop liking her because she has wrinkles and is no longer "cute"?
Weird, weird, weird!

When you listen to Rhiannon, it doesn't matter how Stevie looks, its how she SOUNDS and how good the SONGWRITING is...
It seems so obvious to me, I just don't understand it at all.

It's a strange old world I tell ya....

I guess I really don't know. I knew what she looked like before I even heard her sing. The first time I experienced Stevie was on the Dance video. But then again, if looks were all that mattered I would be on a Brittney Spears board.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 08-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Ledgie

Angry No one messes with my Stevie!!!!!

I couldn't believe how she was treated when she was going through that weight problem. I really didn't see anything wrong with her and I thought that she looked so cute! How can anyone disrespect someone so beautiful? I thinks it's so disgusting how the media always wants women to be these lil thin perfect things! It is so apalling--however u spell that, and I can't take it anymore. I constantly think i'm not good enough b/c of how the media is so fixated(can't spell)on how women should look. I know how Stevie felt b/c I know that growing up I was called disgusting b/c of my weight...It still hurts to think about it... Anyway, I just am glad that Stevie was so strong and she held her head high, knowing that she did have some problems...My poor Stevie...I think that there is nothing wrong with Stevie being any size, she's talented and beautiful...Did anyone ever find out how Lindsey felt about her weight? I heard that he was not too keen on it and that is something that makes me MAD. I actually think that he had no problem with her b/c she's amazing!

Here's a pic I found of Stevie back when she was put down cause of herself being a cute lil chubby bunny...Ain't she adorable!?
http://pro.corbis.com/images/waterma...0/PN013383.jpg

.:*KIM*:.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

See, although her face is thinner, I do not think her waist is that much thinner now - and I think she loloks great if not cherubic in that pic!!!!