User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
And Ringo didn’t write them and they are not played on classic radio very much.

Well, there are different measures of success. If you are looking at total sales then- yes, Stevie has probably sold more records. I'm looking at the number of single hits and the sheer volume of album releases. Its true to say Ringo hasn't written the majority of the songs on his album releases, but in terms of his hit singles- Yes! Ringo wrote most of them.

...and he voiced Thomas the Tank Engine... poop-poop.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Well, there are different measures of success. If you are looking at total sales then- yes, Stevie has probably sold more records. I'm looking at the number of single hits and the sheer volume of album releases. Its true to say Ringo hasn't written the majority of the songs on his album releases, but in terms of his hit singles- Yes! Ringo wrote most of them.

I forgot he is real name is Starkey. However, he sucks donkey dicks. End of story. She is more important than he is, especially to women. The fact you are even arguing over this is ridiculous. She has grew in popularity unlike 99% of classic rock artists.

He's the pooh, so take a whiff...
Old 10-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I forgot he is real name is Starkey. However, he sucks donkey dicks. End of story. She is more important than he is, especially to women. The fact you are even arguing over this is ridiculous. She has grew in popularity unlike 99% of classic rock artists.

He can play an instrument. Don't you know he was the fourth best drummer in The Beatles? That's a fine achievement.
He sucks donkey dicks??? Hmmm, lovely

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Ledgie

Quote:

Why is tearing down Ringo essential to Stevie's campaign to get in the RORHF? Maybe concentrate on why Def Leppard seems to be more popular than her?

Musical taste is completely subjective, but I don't think you can say Stevie's solo career is any better than his. He had just as many hits, which are still played on the radio, and at least he didn't fall into the eighties overproduction like Stevie. Her work in FM was better, as even she seems to acknowledge, by doing newer versions of those songs.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Why is tearing down Ringo essential to Stevie's campaign to get in the RORHF? Maybe concentrate on why Def Leppard seems to be more popular than her?

Musical taste is completely subjective, but I don't think you can say Stevie's solo career is any better than his. He had just as many hits, which are still played on the radio, and at least he didn't fall into the eighties overproduction like Stevie. Her work in FM was better, as even she seems to acknowledge, by doing newer versions of those songs.
He wasn't really part of the 80s, and I'll take her hits over his any day. The only song I really like of his is It Don't Come Easy.

The point of him in the video is that he is in the rock and roll twice, so she should she be. There are people who are saying she should not get in twice.Her solo career is just as strong as his. She sold a lot more albums. My point is if he is in twice, so should she. Joe Walsh is in twice. There are many men in twice. She would be the first woman.She is getting a lot of criticism for even being nominated. It's complete bull****.

Stevie's real achievement is having a very successful solo career, while she was in Fleetwood Mac for almost 40 years.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He wasn't really part of the 80s, and I'll take her hits over his any day. The only song I really like of his is It Don't Come Easy.

The point of him in the video is that he is in the rock and roll twice, so she should she be. There are people who are saying she should not get in twice.Her solo career is just as strong as his. She sold a lot more albums. My point is if he is in twice, so should she. Joe Walsh is in twice. There are many men in twice. She would be the first woman.She is getting a lot of criticism for even being nominated. It's complete bull****.

Stevie's real achievement is having a very successful solo career, while she was in Fleetwood Mac for almost 40 years.
Ringo isn't inducted as a solo artist per-se.
He was inducted as a special award for those people who impacted on the careers of others. Its not a direct comparison.

PS- the whole thing is a big joke anyway and shouldn't really be as important as it is.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ringo isn't inducted as a solo artist per-se.
He was inducted as a special award for those people who impacted on the careers of others. Its not a direct comparison.

PS- the whole thing is a big joke anyway and shouldn't really be as important as it is.
She is not going to get inducted for various reasons. There is too much against her. I thought I would put a fight for her, even though I can barely stand her right now.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
ITA, thank you,yes with everything you said. I haven't posted in a while, but I've been reading this board. I'm tired of reading the Stevie bashing. She desires to be in the R&R Hall of Fame. I love her solo music. I really believe that she will get it.

Lee

Apologies for not pm'ing you- but how is your brother???

Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If commercial success in the eighties is the reason for induction then Def Leppard crushes Stevie. If we are going on artistic merits and consistency through their careers then it is Roxy and Radiohead at the top of the list IMO.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
If commercial success in the eighties is the reason for induction then Def Leppard crushes Stevie. If we are going on artistic merits and consistency through their careers then it is Roxy and Radiohead at the top of the list IMO.
Def Leppard is going to inducted. They are the only shoe in. I agree with Roxy and Radiohead, but I'm not sure that is going to matter.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Def Leppard has many people campaining for them. They have jump ahead of Stevie by about 9,000 votes. She really needs your votes.

Here are the top 5.

155,867 = Def Leppard
147,751 = Stevie Nicks
95,472 = The Cure
80,523 = Todd Rundgren
72,726 = The Zombies
Old 10-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ringo has arguably had a bigger and better solo career than Stevie- just not for a long time.
I think that's debatable.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It don't come easy #1
That is a George Harrison co-write.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ringo had 8 top 10 US hits to Stevie's 4.
Stevie Nicks' Top 10 Biggest Hits on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...billboard-hits
Rank, Title, Hot 100 Peak Position, Peak Date

1. "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" (with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers), No. 3, Sept. 5, 1981

2. "Dreams" (Fleetwood Mac), No. 1, June 18, 1977

3. "Leather and Lace" (with Don Henley), No. 6, Jan. 23, 1982

4. "Talk to Me," No. 4, Jan. 25, 1986

5. "Stand Back," No. 5, Aug. 20, 1983

6. "Sara" (Fleetwood Mac), No. 7, Feb. 2, 1980

7. "Rhiannon" (Fleetwood Mac), No. 11, June 5, 1976

8. "Edge of Seventeen," No. 11, April 17, 1982

9. "I Can't Wait," No. 16, April 12, 1986

10. "Rooms On Fire," No. 16, July 1, 1989

I'm counting 7 top 10's not including FM.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I love Ringo. And I didn't know that last little factoid you mentioned.