The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And, to me, the weird thing is LB poses as the one who seemingly could care a less if FM gets back together. He's left before and, according to them, he was the hold out for The Dance.

As for "burning bridges" - that statement just seems rude to me. Or at least he implies by using it that CM left on a bad note, which none of the others have ever implied. In fact, they say just the opposite.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
As for "burning bridges" - that statement just seems rude to me. Or at least he implies by using it that CM left on a bad note, which none of the others have ever implied. In fact, they say just the opposite.
agreed. it suggests that she did something from which there can be no return. and that's something i find hard to believe since as you pointed out, the others have made no illusion to anything of the sort. if there was some implied slight on christine's part, i think lindsey might be exaggerating or blowing it out of proportion.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The things Lindsey has said (or been quoted as saying) sound to me like he's trying to hide the fact that he knows how much they miss her.

He says way too often that he has more freedom now.

No one expected them to curl up in the corner and cry because she left. If they still wanted to go on then that's fine, that's their decision.

I don't think I'd buy another album with this lineup and I doubt whether I'd go and see them live. But that's just my opinion.

Gail
Old 03-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The only possible negative comment about Chris leaving was when Chris herself mentioned in Mojo Magazine that the others were slightly miffed when she left. I always took that to mean that the others wanted to extend the Dance tour & she didn't. She cost them quite a bit of money. However, "slightly miffed" is pretty mild, in my opinion. I think the other three certainly respected her right to move on with the rest of her life.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
it suggests that she did something from which there can be no return.
That's exactly what I think the "burning bridges" comment means. I think he's either blowing something minor out of proportion or something really did happen between the two of them on the Dance tour. None of the other three have said anything remotely similar to this & Chris still has regular contact with Mick, John & Stevie.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

I don't think I'd buy another album with this lineup and I doubt whether I'd go and see them live. But that's just my opinion.

Gail
Me too. I'll never make that mistake again after SYW, although I doubt they'll ever record another studio album anyway. I would definitely buy any older, previously unreleased re-issues(with Chris). As for live shows, I'm done. When Chris retired from touring, I retired from going to see them.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-20-2007 at 06:00 AM..
Old 03-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
The only possible negative comment about Chris leaving was when Chris herself mentioned in Mojo Magazine that the others were slightly miffed when she left. I always took that to mean that the others wanted to extend the Dance tour & she didn't. She cost them quite a bit of money. However, "slightly miffed" is pretty mild, in my opinion. I think the other three certainly respected her right to move on with the rest of her life.
Well I was "slightly miffed" they didn't come to Europe. It would have been nice to have seen them one last time.

But if she didn't want to do it then there would have been nothing worse than seeing not giving it her all.

Gail
Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

John - and Mick - have always said that there are some things in FM that, even with the voyeurism and openness of all the Rumours-era goings on, they can't talk about in public. Maybe something did go on that we don't know about? 'Burning bridges' is a strong analogy, but it's possible Lindsey just means that Chris sold everything she had in the US, got a divorce, stopped being in frequent contact with (most of) the others and then never came back.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
John - and Mick - have always said that there are some things in FM that, even with the voyeurism and openness of all the Rumours-era goings on, they can't talk about in public. Maybe something did go on that we don't know about? 'Burning bridges' is a strong analogy, but it's possible Lindsey just means that Chris sold everything she had in the US, got a divorce, stopped being in frequent contact with (most of) the others and then never came back.
I think he probably did mean that. It does seem, as you say, a strong analogy but I really don't think there was a major bust up on the Dance tour.

A good deal of time has gone by since then and I'm sure someone would have talked about it my now if anything had happened.

Gail
Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think La Nicks said it the best when she said, CM did exactly what she said she was going to do - she signed for the US tour and that was it. She then said something like she wasn't angry with CM and understood her decision and that she did not like the touring anymore, etc.

Again, it sort of amazes me that LB would be the angry one (if he is that) because he is the one that likes to portray himself as not needing or wanting to be part of the "big business" Mac.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think La Nicks said it the best when she said, CM did exactly what she said she was going to do - she signed for the US tour and that was it. She then said something like she wasn't angry with CM and understood her decision and that she did not like the touring anymore, etc.

Again, it sort of amazes me that LB would be the angry one (if he is that) because he is the one that likes to portray himself as not needing or wanting to be part of the "big business" Mac.
Stevie was supportive of Christine's decision even if she didn't like it.

She has said that she tried to persuade her to stay but also said something like "sometimes you look into someone's eyes and you know they've made their decision and you have to say OK I release you" - that wasn't a direct quote but the "I release you" bit was accurate I believe.

If Lindsey was angry it was probably because he doesn't like not getting his own way

Gail
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The thing that amazes me about the Dance tour is that, according to pollstar (don't know how accurate this info is), they made about $1,000,000 a show. To me thats just incredible. Christine definitely BANKED on that one.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
The thing that amazes me about the Dance tour is that, according to pollstar (don't know how accurate this info is), they made about $1,000,000 a show. To me thats just incredible. Christine definitely BANKED on that one.
Nice little retirement fund!

Gail
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Stevie was supportive of Christine's decision even if she didn't like it.

She has said that she tried to persuade her to stay but also said something like "sometimes you look into someone's eyes and you know they've made their decision and you have to say OK I release you" - that wasn't a direct quote but the "I release you" bit was accurate I believe.

If Lindsey was angry it was probably because he doesn't like not getting his own way

Gail
Lindsey has just said more, in a PhillyBurbs.com interview on 3/24/07: ""If it were left up to Mick (Fleetwood) or Stevie (Nicks) Fleetwood Mac would be on the road sooner rather than later," says Buckingham. ... "I've heard conflicting reports. I've heard Stevie saying she wants to do it, then I've heard she doesn't want to do it unless (retired singer-keyboardist) Christine (McVie) is there. That doesn't make any sense because Christine's not going to be there. I don't talk with Stevie enough to know if what she says in any given moment has weight or not. My guess is that there will be Fleetwood Mac action, but certainly not an album before there would be touring."

Is Stevie thinking of trying to persuade Chris to rejoin Mac? We can only hope!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by profjohn View Post
Lindsey has just said more, in a PhillyBurbs.com interview on 3/24/07: ""If it were left up to Mick (Fleetwood) or Stevie (Nicks) Fleetwood Mac would be on the road sooner rather than later," says Buckingham. ... "I've heard conflicting reports. I've heard Stevie saying she wants to do it, then I've heard she doesn't want to do it unless (retired singer-keyboardist) Christine (McVie) is there. That doesn't make any sense because Christine's not going to be there. I don't talk with Stevie enough to know if what she says in any given moment has weight or not. My guess is that there will be Fleetwood Mac action, but certainly not an album before there would be touring."

Is Stevie thinking of trying to persuade Chris to rejoin Mac? We can only hope!
I hope that's true that Stevie's doesn't want to record again unless Chris is part of it. She'll never tour or play live again. But I think she'd be open to recording with them again. In those ITM interviews, Chris mentioned how much fun it was recording her album. She still loves to record. I think Mick & Stevie would love to record with Chris again, Lindsey....forget it. He's hopeless. I doubt that John even cares if they ever record again anyway as he is mainly interested in touring.

The funny thing is before SYW was recorded, Stevie was quoted as saying that Chris couldn't just record, she'd have to do the whole thing...record & tour. It sounds like she's come around & realizes that a FM album is better with the complete line-up. I also think she genuinely missed Chris on SYW, both musically & personally.