Bernie Sanders 10 21.28%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

This meme says it all...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg life-quote-politicians.jpg (53.9 KB, 4 views)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
This meme says it all...
I think Bernie is a human being which means he is toast.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think Bernie is a human being which means he is toast.
I actually like Sanders more than Hitlery Clinton...but he has a ZERO chance.

At least Oklahomans know a crook when they see one...which is why Sanders won here and Clinton did not.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Democratic Debate was completely different than the Republican Debate. It was actually a real debate, not a Saturday Night Live skit.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:10 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I actually like Sanders more than Hitlery Clinton...but he has a ZERO chance.

At least Oklahomans know a crook when they see one...which is why Sanders won here and Clinton did not.
I agree with this post!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Democratic Debate was completely different than the Republican Debate. It was actually a real debate, not a Saturday Night Live skit.
I have to watch the YT version.It probably was boring.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This man would stir up things if he want for the indie bid.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/08/us...president.html

Michael Bloomberg Will Not Enter Presidential Race

By MAGGIE HABERMAN and ALEXANDER BURNSMARCH 7, 2016

Ad for Now-Defunct Bloomberg Campaign

A rough cut shows an ad that would have been used in a Michael R. Bloomberg presidential campaign. Provided by Howard Wolfson. Publish Date March 7, 2016. Photo by Thibault Camus/Associated Press. Watch in Times Video »

Michael R. Bloomberg, who for months quietly laid the groundwork to run for president as an independent, will not enter the 2016 campaign, he said Monday, citing his fear that a three-way race could lead to the election of a candidate he thinks would endanger the country: Donald J. Trump.

In a forceful condemnation of his fellow New Yorker, Mr. Bloomberg said Mr. Trump has run “the most divisive and demagogic presidential campaign I can remember, preying on people’s prejudices and fears.” He said he was alarmed by Mr. Trump’s threats to bar Muslim immigrants from entering the country and to initiate trade wars against China and Japan, and he was disturbed by Mr. Trump’s “feigning ignorance of white supremacists,” alluding to Mr. Trump’s initial refusal to disavow an endorsement from David Duke.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

Bloomberg, Sensing an Opening, Revisits a Potential White House RunJAN. 23, 2016

“These moves would divide us at home and compromise our moral leadership around the world,” Mr. Bloomberg said in a column published Monday afternoon on Bloomberg View, his opinion site. “The end result would be to embolden our enemies, threaten the security of our allies, and put our own men and women in uniform at greater risk.”
Document
Maps Show Where Bloomberg Aides Thought He Would Be Competitive

The maps that Michael R. Bloomberg's aides used internally to guide their thinking about how he would affect the presidential race.
OPEN Document

The decision by Mr. Bloomberg, the former New York mayor who served three terms, ends months of intensive preparation for a candidacy. Convinced that a restive electorate was crying out for nonpartisan, technocratic government, he instructed his closest aides to set up the machinery for a long-shot billion-dollar campaign that would have subjected his image to a scorching political test.

They covertly assembled network of several dozen strategists and staff members, conducted polling in 22 states, drafted a website, produced television ads and set up campaign offices in two states — Texas and North Carolina — where the process of gathering petitions to put Mr. Bloomberg’s name on the ballot would have begun in days.

Mr. Bloomberg held extensive talks with Michael G. Mullen, the retired admiral and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, about forming an independent ticket. Lawyers for Mr. Bloomberg had completed the process of vetting Mr. Mullen, and all that remained was for Mr. Bloomberg to ask formally that Mr. Mullen serve as his running mate.

Plainly torn between his aspiration to serve as president and a mountain of data showing that the path for an independent campaign aimed at the political center was slim and narrowing, Mr. Bloomberg, 74, ultimately abandoned what would probably have been his last chance to run for the White House.

Had both Mr. Trump and Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont appeared headed toward victory in the Republican and Democratic presidential primaries, Mr. Bloomberg was determined to run, according to his advisers, several of whom insisted on anonymity to speak candidly about confidential discussions.
Presidential Election 2016
Here’s the latest news and analysis of the candidates and issues shaping the presidential race.

Mexico’s Leader Likens Donald Trump’s Tone to Hitler and Mussolini’s
MAR 7
The 2016 Primary Campaign Has a Cold. Pass the Tissues.
MAR 7
Marco Rubio’s Campaign Echoes ’07 Tax Revolt: A Big Plan With Little Payoff
MAR 7
Veterans Take On Donald Trump in 2 New Ads
MAR 7
More Latinos Seek Citizenship to Vote Against Trump
MAR 7

See More »

But Mr. Bloomberg balked at the prospect of a race against Mr. Trump and Hillary Clinton, who has established a dominant lead over Mr. Sanders on the Democratic side. In his column, Mr. Bloomberg said he could not in good conscience enter a race that could lead to a deadlock in the Electoral College — and to the election of Mr. Trump, or perhaps Senator Ted Cruz of Texas.

Mr. Bloomberg’s decision brings a new measure of clarity to a presidential race that has come sharply into focus in recent weeks, and reflects both Mrs. Clinton’s tightening grip on the Democratic contest and the growing alarm among mainstream political and business leaders about Mr. Trump’s populist insurgency.

Mr. Trump is widely seen as a weak general election candidate, and surveys conducted for Mr. Bloomberg bolstered that perception. Mr. Bloomberg’s veteran pollster, Douglas E. Schoen, gauged his prospects in polls in February and March, testing Mr. Bloomberg as a candidate nationally and in 22 crucial states.
Graphic: 2016 Primary Results and Calendar

At the outset, about two-fifths of the country had no familiarity with Mr. Bloomberg, who may be best known nationally for his support of expanded gun control legislation. But Mr. Schoen’s February polling found that after voters heard mostly favorable descriptions of Mr. Bloomberg, Mr. Trump and Mr. Sanders, Mr. Bloomberg collected 35 percent of the vote and a solid lead in the Electoral College.

In a race against Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton, however, Mr. Bloomberg faced far tougher odds.

The most favorable result for Mr. Bloomberg would probably have been a stalemate in the Electoral College, with no candidate capable of taking the 270 votes required.

Under those conditions, the House of Representatives, where Republicans hold a majority, would choose the president.

A second poll, taken by Mr. Schoen from Feb. 28 to March 1, found that Mr. Trump was bleeding support with general election voters after a flailing debate performance and a disastrous interview in which he failed to disavow Mr. Duke’s support.

Still, the poll found Mr. Bloomberg could overtake Mr. Trump and fall short of eclipsing Mrs. Clinton.

Mr. Bloomberg acknowledged that cold math in his column. “I believe I could win a number of diverse states,” he wrote, “but not enough to win the 270 Electoral College votes necessary to win the presidency.”
Recent Comments
YCook 7 minutes ago

I was hopeful he would run but his rationale makes a lot of sense.
NM 7 minutes ago

Bloomberg is putting country above party or self. Exemplary and rare in politics.
Steven Gabaeff, M.D. 7 minutes ago

Funny I would have thought he would help the democrats by pulling establishment republicans away from Trump.

See All Comments Write a comment

By opting not to run, Mr. Bloomberg is deactivating a political apparatus far more extensive than the one he assembled the last time he seriously weighed a run for president, in 2008. In private conversations, Mr. Bloomberg appeared far more enthusiastic about running now, and he laid out his ambitions in conversations with leaders including Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and Prime Minister David Cameron of Britain.
First Draft Newsletter

Subscribe for updates on the 2016 presidential race, the White House and Congress, delivered to your inbox Monday - Friday.

Aides planned an elaborate messaging and branding campaign to introduce him to the electorate, and consulted with Milton Glaser, the architect of the “I Love New York” campaign, and the Swedish industrial designer Thomas Meyerhoffer to work on logos.

His messaging would have stressed Mr. Bloomberg’s identity as a self-made man and a problem solver not beholden to either party. A draft of his website carried the slogan, “All Work and No Party.” One logo, etched in purple, read simply: “Fix It.”

A rough cut of a presidential campaign ad described Mr. Bloomberg as the product of middle-class Medford, Mass., who built a multibillion-dollar enterprise from scratch. It cast Mr. Bloomberg as a philanthropist who had given generously to fight deadly diseases, and highlighted his experience managing New York’s security after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

“Finally, a new choice,” the commercial’s narrator says. “Independent Mike Bloomberg: President.”

Trevor Potter, the election lawyer who was counsel to John McCain’s 2008 campaign, was retained to assemble legal teams to handle local and state ballot-access issues, and address constitutional questions that could arise from an inconclusive result in the Electoral College.

A ballot-access consultant, Michael Arno, leased nearly a dozen offices in Texas and North Carolina to begin gathering signatures to place Mr. Bloomberg on the ballot in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

For Mr. Bloomberg, who wrote in his autobiography that the presidency was one of the three jobs he most wanted, the decision drops the curtain on a long-held dream.

In announcing it, Mr. Bloomberg said he expected to serve in other ways. “For most Americans, citizenship requires little more than paying taxes,” he wrote. “But many have given their lives to defend our nation — and all of us have an obligation as voters to stand up on behalf of ideas and principles that, as Lincoln said, represent ‘the last best hope on Earth.’

“I hope and pray I’m doing that,” he wrote.

Find out what you need to know about the 2016 presidential race today, and get politics news updates via Facebook, Twitter and the First Draft newsletter.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yesterday was a good day for Mr Trump and Mr Sanders but Mrs C won the day..Mr Cruz is still cruising along in second place .Mr Rubio is falling behind and Mr Kasich is still hanging on.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Registered

If anyone's interested, here's the 1993 video of Fleetwood Mac and Bill Clinton's Inauguration

Old 03-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
If anyone's interested, here's the 1993 video of Fleetwood Mac and Bill Clinton's Inauguration

I hate seeing Stevie that way. She looked awful. She was at rock bottom of her looks.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say this. I am not a fan of Donald Trump. If he becomes President we will get in World War 3. It's over. He offends everyone.

That being said I"m loving watching the snobby, educated elite squirm, the ladies from the The View squirm, members from the Democratic and Republican Party squirm and the supposedly "unbiased" media squirm. I have never seen news anchors, pundits and political party members openly plot together on air and paper to smear someone just so they can cause them to lose a contest. If you think about what is going on, it is like an episode of South Park. It's also exposing people's biases.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have to say this. I am not a fan of Donald Trump. If he becomes President we will get in World War 3. It's over. He offends everyone.

That being said I"m loving watching the snobby, educated elite squirm, the ladies from the The View squirm, members from the Democratic and Republican Party squirm and the supposedly "unbiased" media squirm. I have never seen news anchors, pundits and political party members openly plot together on air and paper to smear someone just so they can cause them to lose a contest. If you think about what is going on, it is like an episode of South Park. It's also exposing people's biases.
The elite club wont let him in because he's an outsider so dont worry.Anything could happen at the convention in Cleveland,Ohio in July. The delegates can go either way. I think I see a Cruz vs Clinton in Nov.

BTW .I rather see a honest pricker bush get in then a pack of liars in the Whitehouse like it has been for ages.Atlease Mr T is letting out the stuff on the table before he gets in there.The others BS their way in to the job.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 03-10-2016 at 06:16 PM..
Old 03-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post

This one sounds more appropriate.

Sorry I could not resist.................................

Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the supposedly "unbiased" media squirm.
and yet you don't hear them reacting on Trump openly saying he's gonna end the freedom of the press.

it's pretty astonishing nobody's worried about the first amendment.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Mr T.I hope he does sue them.It would be a good idea to clean up the press.To much BS,lies 'false info ,inaccurate and fabrication of stories on anybody and anything.They made a mountain out of a mole hill on my neighbors grandson couple of years.Look at the rags mags at the cash checkout with their crap saying "Fill in the blank" is dying in their deathbed or in bed with somebody and their photo shopped to the max photography .

Closed Thread