Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great idea for a thread!
When I turned 13, my dad took me shopping for my first album. I knew right away which one I wanted to get......Rumours. It had just come out 9 months before and was everywhere on the radio. We would spend our summers at the lake, and my neighbors (cousins) would put their stereo speakers in the window of their cottage and blast Rumours out onto the front rock. We would dance in the water, on the dock, in the boat, and on the big rocks.....all in the hot sunshine, or in the evening while swatting mosquitos around a bonfire. It was pure summer bliss.
Ever since I got that album, Fleetwood Mac has been my favorite band of all time. I would follow the gossip about the members, and remembering being mortified that Stevie would get together with Mick. Her and Lindsey were meant to be together, so what on earth was happening???????
My love for them just steadily increased over the years, and when The Dance came out, I stood up at yelled at the TV for Stevie and Lindsey to just get it together. That was the year my first child was born, and I was an overtired and emotional mess.
My children have been exposed to lot's of music in our household, but none as much as Fleetwood Mac. About 4 years ago, my son made my contact information on his phone with the title- lovethemac. It's stuck ever since. Even my husband refers to me at times with that name. And my kids still call me it ALL the time. Funny thing is, the abuse I would get from everyone about my love of FM over the years was unending, groans and moans when they would come on the radio in the car, groans and moans when I would have them on the stereo at home, etc., etc. But.............
Guess who's coming to the next FM concert tour with us????????? My son really wanted to come, and my daughter is going with a friend who's father is taking them to the box seats that he has. My daughter groans with the fact that people recognize her as a potential FM lover because of her mother. HAHA.
The 70's live strong and true in our household!!
My name is Kathy, and this is my story.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That must be a west coast thing, Steve, because I've never seen that brand.
Hmmm...may be kind of spotty, because my East Coast cousins had to put up with the same sh*t as I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
That looks good for some supper .
Not a big fan of that brand of chili. Prefer Stagg's or in a pinch, even Hormel.

(But, preferably, when I have the time, I like to make my own....which I guess would be "Denison's Chili"...or "Chili's Chili" )

Last edited by chiliD; 08-19-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Hmmm...may be kind of spotty, because my East Coast cousins had to put up with the same sh*t as I did.

Not a big fan of that brand of chili. Prefer Stagg's or in a pinch, even Hormel.

(But, preferably, when I have the time, I like to make my own....which I guess would be "Denison's Chili"...or "Chili's Chili" )
Yes .Home made is the best.I miss my moms cooking.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Your reaction to Skips infatuation with ONJ made me laugh because Olivia was a huge star long before Grease arrived in the theaters.
Yes .Ms Olivia been around way before Grease .

She was on Aussie TV around the mid 1960's.TV specials in the mid 1970's. She hit the charts in 1971.

Now it looks like Taylor Swift is ditched country music for pop like Olivia did in the 1980's.

No way Taylor can fill Olivia's shoes or anybody elses shoes from that generation.

Wow .Olivia has 1980's Stevie hair in the photo below.

I wish Olivia toured more like Stevie does.I've first seen her live in 1977 pre-Grease era concert and some shows in the 2000's.

She is still a doll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Olivia_Newton-John_(1989).jpg (13.1 KB, 7 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation It has no...

meaning, but it seems somewhat true to me...

Kinda funny, but Debbie was the one who added the 4life to the username when I first registered to be online in the mid 90's...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing wrong with liking OLJ... I think I have everything in some form from the Toomorrow LP circa 1968 to MP3s of Xanadu (with E.L.O.). Great singer! I still like Kylie Minogue a lot too...
Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Funny thing is, the abuse I would get from everyone about my love of FM over the years was unending, groans and moans when they would come on the radio in the car, groans and moans when I would have them on the stereo at home, etc., etc. But...

My name is Kathy, and this is my story.
Loved your story.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Loved your story.
Thank you very much!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My username "story" is boring.

Sorcerer because I was OBSESSED with the song and accompanying music video when it was released in 2001.

I still like it and appreciate it but it has dwindled as one of my favorites.

999 ~ because from a very early age, I have been fascinated and obsessed by the number 9. It seems to follow me everywhere. Usually my favorite tracks on my favorite albums tend to be the 9th track. September is the 9th month, and I met Stevie on September 9th. I could go on and on about the number 9 appearing in various forms throughout my life.

I suppose I chose 3 "nines" because it's an upside down 666. I'm not particularly religious but I'm no Satan worshiper either.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One of my favorite novels is Clan of the Cave Bear. Jondalar is a name of one of the main characters. Always really liked that name.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mine's incredibly detailed and complicated...

Nicole is my name. 21/2/90 is my birthdate. Oh, that's February 21st for the Americans, btw, since you insist on having the wrong dating system.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 08-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Nicole is my name. 21/2/90 is my birthdate. Oh, that's February 21st for the Americans, btw, since you insist on having the wrong dating system.
Nicole, we share the same birthday!!!

Except I'm...shall we say...quite a lot OLDER than you!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Yes that difference in dating systems gets very confusing You were born in 1990! That makes me feel old...sigh....

My username comes from my favourite FM performance - "Sisters of the Moon" from the Mirage video. It's an incredible piece of footage, and I just love the intensity from the whole band. The song itself is also pretty amazing - powerful, feminine and capable of reaching dark places . I much prefer this live version to the Tusk album version.

It also seemed an appropriate name as they played SOTM last year on tour. I was so pleased when Stevie turned to the part of the audience where I was sitting, and sang a "Sister!!......" - shivers....

Oh and I love the moon and I was born in 75

Natalie
Old 08-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The number 9 seems to be a very important number in a new tv series called Intruders. It was also a former address of one of the Beatles (Ringo I think) and so was chanted in one of the stranger tracks on The White Album. 1975 was the year FM's own white album came out (and Rhiannon-mania poised to smash into a generation of impressionable girls looking for empowerment).
Old 08-31-2014, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Nicole, we share the same birthday!!!

Except I'm...shall we say...quite a lot OLDER than you!
Ha, nice.

And it's bound to happen since I'm so youthful and all. *flicks hair back* Honestly, though, I go on tumblr and I feel like I'm about ready for the retirement home because I'm so old in comparison to some kids online there. And then I go to school and teach kids born after 2000 who are in high school and that's just... WHAT.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"