Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Colour Quiz

Someone posted this on a forum I mod at, and it's really freaked me out. The results are... scarily accurate.

Link - http://www.colorquiz.com/quiz.php

Here are my results -

Your Existing Situation
Needs excitement and constant stimulation. Willingly participates in activities that are thrilling and offer adventure.

Your Stress Sources

"Demands to be noticed by others as an important individual, needs attention and recognition. His current situation is leaving him dissatisfied. He feels he needs to make friends with those who hold the same high standards he does. Wants to stand out as someone at the top of his class and be admired by others. He needs to feel in control, which makes it difficult to give of himself to another person. He feels isolated and alone but refuses to appear weak and continues to be emotionally distant from others in order to keep his attitude of superiority. "

Your Restrained Characteristics

Open and emotionally involved in relationships and easily finds satisfaction through sexual activity.

Feels unhappy and isolated because he is unable to succeed in finding the cooperation and understanding he desires.

His confidence is low but he is unable to admit that is the reason for his avoidance of conflict. Feels it is a situation out of his control and he is making the best of it.

"Believes his hopes and dreams are realistic and sticks to them stubbornly, even though circumstances are forcing him to compromise. Very precise in the qualities he seeks in a partner."

Your Desired Objective
"If motivated, he will easily and quickly learn new skills. Is very intense person who seeks excitement and sexual stimulation. Wants others to see him as an exciting and interesting person, who is also charming and can easily influence others. Uses his charm to increase his chances of success and gain other people's trust."

Your Actual Problem
Fears others will try to hold him back from achieving his goals and the things he wants. Puts on the charm and can be manipulative towards others hoping he can get them to do as he wishes and making it easier for him to reach his own goals.

Your Actual Problem #2
"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics he likes in other people and apply it to himself as well as coming across as a unique individual."

Anyhoo, I hope some of you take the quiz and post your results, I think it's dead interesting, as well as scarily accurate. It's totally freaked me out... and utterly fascinated me.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my god. That was terrifyingly spot on. I wish there was one that highlighted the nicer aspects of my personality, though haha. This makes things (me) look a little bleak!

Your Existing Situation

"Inclined to choose luxurious things, which are gratifying to the senses. Turned off by things which are tacky and tasteless."

Your Stress Sources

"Demands to be noticed by others as an important individual, needs attention and recognition. her current situation is leaving her dissatisfied. she feels she needs to make friends with those who hold the same high standards she does. Wants to stand out as someone at the top of her class and be admired by others. she needs to feel in control which makes it difficult to give of herself to another person. she feels isolated and alone but refuses to appear weak and continues to be emotionally distant from others in order to keep her attitude of superiority. "---> Hello, my life.

Open and emotionally involved in relationships and easily finds satisfaction through sexual activity.

Emotionally distant even from those closest to her.

Current situations force her into compromise and placing her own hopes and desires on hold for the time being.

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."

Your Desired Objective

Is searching for a tight relationship with passion and physical fulfillment. Is focused and driven toward physical fitness and overall well-being.

Your Actual Problem

Fears others will try to hold her back from achieving her goals and the things she wants. Puts on the charm and can be manipulative towards others hoping she can get them to do as she wishes and making it easier for her to reach her own goals.

Your Actual Problem #2

"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics she likes in other people and apply it to herself as well as coming across as a unique individual."

^^^^ I don't quite understand why that one is a problem.
You're so like me
Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmmmmm...interesting.

Your Existing Situation
"Outgoing but unpredictable and unstable. Likes things to go her way, otherwise she becomes agitated, indecisive, and fake in her activities."

Your Stress Sources
"Has high standards and wants to make friends with those who have equally high standards; however, she has been unsuccessful in building these types of relationships. she is feeling under appreciated and her self-esteem is damaged because of it. she is uncomfortable with the situation and wishes to escape, but refuses to make compromises or lower her standards. Puts off resolving her problems because she afraid of the conflicts it may cause. In order to feel secure, she needs to feel appreciated by others so they will do what she asks of them and respect her opinions"

Emotionally demanding and will involve herself in close relationships but won't get too involved or give too much of himself.

Current situations force her into compromise and placing her own hopes and desires on hold for the time being.

His arrogance causes her to take offense quickly. Only those closest to her know deep down she is sensitive and sentimental.

Your Desired Objective
"Has a strong desire to contribute and influence others, but it can make her restless. she is driven by her desires and hopes. Enjoys a wide range of activities, but she may spread herself to thin taking on too much."

Your Actual Problem
"Feeling tension and stress brought on by situations which are out of her control, leaves her feeling helpless, anxious, and in adequate. In order to build her self-esteem back up, she looks to others for recognition, respect, and encouragement. This can be a problem since she tends to blame others for her shortcomings. Searching for solutions that are geared toward her needs and self-consciousness."

Your Actual Problem #2
"Feeling unimportant in this current situation, and is looking for different conditions where she will be able to better prove her worth and importance."
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Your Existing Situation
"Very emotional and artistic, enjoys being surrounded by beauty and art. Looking for a partner who always has an eye for beauty and who enjoys close, loving relationships."

Your Stress Sources
"Has high standards and wants to make friends with those who have equally high standards; however, she has been unsuccessful in building these types of relationships. she is feeling under appreciated and her self-esteem is damaged because of it. she is uncomfortable with the situation and wishes to escape, but refuses to make compromises or lower her standards. Puts off resolving her problems because she afraid of the conflicts it may cause. In order to feel secure, she needs to feel appreciated by others so they will do what she asks of them and respect her opinions"

Current events leave her feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."

Your Desired Objective
"Longs for a loving, caring, and supportive relationship, and fanaticizes of living in perfect harmony with others. Has a strong desire for tenderness and affection and enjoys things which are artistically pleasing to the eye."

Your Actual Problem
"Feeling tension and stress brought on by situations which are out of her control, leaves her feeling helpless, anxious, and in adequate. she tries to escape into a fantasy world where things go her way and her desires are easier to reach."

Your Actual Problem #2
"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics she likes in other people and apply it to herself as well."

- - - - - -
Some definitely me, some not so much but overall I can agree with it. :/
Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. Well most of this is very true. But hopefully not to the extent that it reads! I don't think I'm that messed up.

Your Existing Situation
"Creative and emotional, looking for ways to further expand those qualities. Looking for a partner who enjoys the same activities. Seeking adventure and new and unusual activities."

Your Stress Sources
"Has high standards and wants to make friends with those who have equally high standards; however, he has been unsuccessful in building these types of relationships. He is feeling under appreciated and his self-esteem is damaged because of it. He is uncomfortable with the situation and wishes to escape, but refuses to make compromises or lower his standards. Puts off resolving his problems because he afraid of the conflicts it may cause. In order to feel secure, he needs to feel appreciated by others so they will do what he asks of them and respect his opinions"

Emotionally distant even from those closest to him.
"Although he is able to find contentment through sexual activity, he feels hopeless to change his problems and difficulties and continues to make the best of what he has."
"Insists his hopes and ideas are realistic and achievable, but needs encouragement and support. His self-centeredness can cause him to take things too personally."

Your Desired Objective
"Feels as if he has been held back from many things, and that other things have always tried to dominate him. He now feels he has to make up for lost time by living an overly intense lifestyle."

Your Actual Problem
"Feeling tension and stress brought on by situations which are out of his control, leaves him feeling helpless, anxious, and in adequate. He escapes the situation by throwing himself into new activities and insisting he get his own way. Appears to be in control of himself, which he isn't, leading to outbursts of anger."

Your Actual Problem #2
"Enjoys making new plans and goals, but needs to be respected and admired for the things he accomplishes."
Old 06-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

(I tried to take the test, but when I clicked on a colour, nothing happened... )
This reminds me of a yearbook my nan bought recently. The idea was that you would go to your birthday, and it would have a description of your personality. Of course, I checked mine, and it worked! Then, just for good measure, I checked about four random dates... all of which also worked, despite being unrelated to my birthday. It's based on a clever trick whereby the comments are sufficiently general that they can apply to anyone (because they're all qualities we find desirable, whether or not we already have them) Other times they're just things everyone feels at one stage or other in their lives. The trick works because the comments are articulated such that you really feel as if you've been spoken to directly.
Having said that, humans also have a tendency to associate emotions with colours (we're proficient at personification), so that could also contribute to some of the answers.
I studied these ideas briefly in the philosophy subject "Science, Reason & Reality" last year as a part of learning about Karl Popper's Falsificationism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability. 'Twas a fun subject!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 06-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Your Existing Situation
"Sensitive and compassionate, but still feeling some strain and pressure. Finds she unwinds and relaxes best with the people who are closest to her. "

Your Stress Sources
"Delights in the finer things in life and things that appeal to the senses, but can be critical. Is careful and cautious and must believe she is not being manipulated or tricked. Keeps her emotions in check and is always analyzing her relationships in order to know exactly where she stands at all times. Demands complete honesty as a protection against her naturally trusting nature."

Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. she is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity.

"Believes her hopes and dreams are realistic, but needs reassurance from others. Has strict standards when looking for a partner and wants guarantees that she will not be disappointed or lose."

Your Desired Objective
"Feels that nothing can upset her or phase her and is constantly trying to prove that to herself and others. Believes she is better than any weakness. As a result of her beliefs, she comes across as harsh or severe to those around him, with an overbearing and arrogant attitude."

Your Actual Problem
Works toward building her position and increasing her self-esteem by viewing her accomplishments (and those of others) critically and harsh judgment. Insists on things being straightforward and clear.

OK, this is creepy. A lot of it isn't true, but still.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee
(It's based on a clever trick whereby the comments are sufficiently general that they can apply to anyone (because they're all qualities we find desirable, whether or not we already have them)
Stop fun-sucking, Jaycee Most of us know that. I'd say all, but I booked a meeting with a therapist yesterday to discuss my color quiz certified Stress Sources and Actual Problems.
You're so like me
Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Stop fun-sucking, Jaycee Most of us know that. I'd say all, but I booked a meeting with a therapist yesterday to discuss my color quiz certified Stress Sources and Actual Problems.
Yes, but many of the things on this color quiz aren't desirable. They are problems with the person.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Your Existing Situation
"Is sensitive and easily influenced by other's thoughts and emotions. Looking for friendly, easy-going relationships and jobs that help develop them."

Your Stress Sources - This is very true.
"Demands to be noticed by others as an important individual, needs attention and recognition. her current situation is leaving her dissatisfied. she feels she needs to make friends with those who hold the same high standards she does. Wants to stand out as someone at the top of her class and be admired by others. she needs to feel in control which makes it difficult to give of herself to another person. she feels isolated and alone but refuses to appear weak and continues to be emotionally distant from others in order to keep her attitude of superiority. "

Has strong emotional demands and is picky when it comes to choosing a partner. she chooses to remain emotionally distant and uninvolved in relationships.

"Feels she is not receiving her fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. she keeps her emotions bottled up, leaving her quick to take offense to small things. she tries to make the best of her situation."

Your Desired Objective - This is the only one I'd disagree with.
Lives life to the fullest. Has a high energy level and is always on the go. she is very active and her actions often lead to success.

Your Actual Problem
"Enjoys making new plans and goals, but needs to be respected and admired for the things she accomplishes."

Your Actual Problem #2
Is afraid she will be held back from obtaining the things she wants leading her to act out with a hectic intensity.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Yes, but many of the things on this color quiz aren't desirable. They are problems with the person.
It's actually less about desirable traits and more about the desire to be "understood." What's neat about these things is that they really are biased towards working because usually the only people who would take them are people who want them to work. Posters on here have said "some of it is accurate and some isn't. but wow!"

...of course. Throw enough at the wall and something is bound to stick, especially when it IS based on color associations that we all draw.

You see, we all want it to work. Because we do, we highlight only the parts that are accurate and we say that it did work.

And now you just made me explain the joke, too. Not cool.
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 06-08-2010 at 04:40 PM..
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know where you're coming from, Marissa I'm yet to find a quiz that makes me go wow! But some make me raise my eyebrows and chuckle thinking 'Ha, I totally do that.' Unfortunatley, studying media has made me realise everything you and Jaycee have said a few months back. We like to believe that we're individuals but when you look at things, such as the way we consume magazines, we're all amazingly similar. But to me, that makes sense because we're a species. If we were all different I'd think something down the taxonomical line had gone VERY hideously wrong!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
But to me, that makes sense because we're a species. If we were all different I'd think something down the taxonomical line had gone VERY hideously wrong!
I have this theory that there's really only about, like, fifty of us in the world. Tops. And that's being generous. Am I saying that mainly because I keep seeing people on the subway in California who are the dopplegangers for people I know in Pittsburgh? Yeah, probs. But still.

Oscar Wilde has a quote I love- most people are other people. I'm not applying it properly here, really, because that's NOT why the color quiz "works"... but I just like name dropping Oscar Wilde.
You're so like me
Old 06-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I have this theory that there's really only about, like, fifty of us in the world. Tops. And that's being generous. Am I saying that mainly because I keep seeing people on the subway in California who are the dopplegangers for people I know in Pittsburgh? Yeah, probs. But still.
Oh my god! I get that! I saw someone on the train a while back who I swore blind was a friend from America. I was so close to going and saying something. There's also a girl who sat the same literature exam as me today who could be Patti Smith if she stopped shaving, promise.