User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydevil View Post
Maybe Wolfgangs Vault has material from Fillmore East, or Dinky has recorded some? If he was still with the band then.
Dinky was no longer with the band by that time.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I personally don't have a problem with it and am a little more colorful in my speech than others, I think the convention to put censorship in the language has a long and sordid Puritan tradition in the new world. What is really ****ed up is that this country has more problems with the realities of the epithets than the verbalization of it. Puritans usually have a secret sordid life. (as evidenced by our high moral aspirations juxtaposed against , lets say for the sake of illustration, extra ordinary rendition or torture) What a country.
To honor my fellow friends out here on this international forum I will no longer censor my use of Asshole , especially since it is the title of the song.

in another matter. Nigel refers to Nigel Watson who accompanied Peter Green when he rejoined Fleetwood Mac to complete an American tour after Jeremy Spencer left for the children of god comunal group. Nigel played congas. i only brought him up because he played congas at some point when peter was playing with Fleetwood Mac
During the recording in question, if Peter was playing six string bass he would not have been able to play percussion, the only people left were John Jeremy, or Danny. Jeremy did sometimes play percussion. I don't really know if he did on that recording at the Boston Tea Party

sincerely,

doodyhead

I couldn't agree more with your views about our Puritan outside and "not so Puritan" inside. We are a closeted culture here in so many ways!!!

Thank you so much for the information and clarification. I honestly was not aware of the Nigel Watson connection at that time. That really helps.

Thank you again.

PEACE!!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Just a quick general thank you to all who have posted information on this thread.

It's my first one and I really appreciate all the responses and assistance on my questions.

Thank you.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A song - by any other name....

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I personally don't have a problem with it and am a little more colorful in my speech than others, I think the convention to put censorship in the language has a long and sordid Puritan tradition in the new world. What is really ****ed up is that this country has more problems with the realities of the epithets than the verbalization of it. Puritans usually have a secret sordid life. (as evidenced by our high moral aspirations juxtaposed against , lets say for the sake of illustration, extra ordinary rendition or torture) What a country.
To honor my fellow friends out here on this international forum I will no longer censor my use of Asshole , especially since it is the title of the song.

sincerely,

doodyhead
MY GAWD! Is this the title of a song? Where from?

Is this from "the Harold era" I wonder? The period that made PG call FM "a bunch of performing clowns"? - Must be one of Jeremy´s....

Apart from the puritan/non-puritan/censorship/non-censorship discussion - the aestetical, olfactoric implications and visual imagery this sporting activity brings to mind - calls for.....a certain restraint....

Ms Moose
Old 03-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogon View Post
"I was there" when FM played "Green Manalishi" on stage at Konserthuset in Stockholm, Sweden, April 1 1970. While Peter played his 6-string bass solo Mick concentrated on high-hat cymbals. During an intermission of a couple of minutes in the middle of the solo Peter took his hands off the bass and played congas instead.
Could it be a similar situation that's heard on the Boston Tea Party recording?
I think this may have been around that time. Mick, John, Peter, Danny and Jeremy all play on this CD although the copy I have has no liner notes and it actually only pictures Mick, John, Peter and Jeremy on the cover shot. All three guitarists/vocalists perform on the CD though.

This is why I could never figure out who was doing what when it came to "Green Manalishi". I heard the strong bass in the middle and then the congas and the hi-hat cymbal and bass drum. Knowing it's not physically possible for a drummer to play the hi-hat in that way as well as play the congas, I was puzzled as to who else might be involved. Once I got involved with this discussion forum, I figured, what the hell, I'll ask!!!