Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2022, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Red Rocks 2022

Almost the same set list, except she cut New Orleans (obviously) and added in Soldier’s Angel and Moonlight. I think she sounded slightly better than she did at Jazzfest.

Some of the clips that are online so far:
GDW: https://youtu.be/yi7qrob8wDs
Stand Back: https://youtu.be/4mEneIEGCSg
OTR-Dreams: https://youtu.be/eJFKHkrK8wI
Wild Heart-Bella Donna: https://youtu.be/EWcweqv2340
Rock n Roll: https://youtu.be/rZ1vBqxAhX4
Soldier’s Angel: https://youtu.be/E2Oer4TAxxM
Edge: https://youtu.be/L8iHbQu4w7Y
Free Fallin: https://youtu.be/53nxN-plp-k
Old 05-12-2022, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She sounds great. Thank you!

Soldier's Angel was added for the people of Ukraine?

So it's a 16 song setlist (with Wild Heart and Bella Donna as one song)? Good for her. No drum solos or piano interludes anymore.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Soldier's Angel was added for the people of Ukraine?
Yep! She played a montage of pics in the background and made an emotional speech introducing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
So it's a 16 song setlist (with Wild Heart and Bella Donna as one song)? Good for her. No drum solos or piano interludes anymore.
I believe full set was:
1. Outside The Rain-Dreams
2. If Anyone Falls
3. SDMHA
4. Enchanted
5. Wild Heart-Bella Donna
6. Gypsy
7. Landslide
8. Soldier’s Angel
9. Stand Back
10. GDW
11. Moonlight
12. Edge
13. Free Fallin
14. Rhiannon
15. Rock n Roll

So we hear 17 songs in all, two are just tacked onto the ends of others.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like that the speech was short and to the point before Soldier's Angel. She did say she was reading what she had wrote earlier. This might have been a good approach for the RRHoF speech.
Also pleased the Moonlight was brought back. Anxious to see videos of that posted to Youtube.
And final thoughts:
1)It seems much more natural to see Stevie at night! I finally realized what was jarring about the Jazzfest videos...daylight!
2) Personally I wish she would drop Free Fallin'. I like Rock N Roll and the crowd seems to like it. I'd like to see her close with that and then HAEWAFY or even Love Is again. Minor squabbles, I know!
Old 05-12-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I like that the speech was short and to the point before Soldier's Angel. She did say she was reading what she had wrote earlier. This might have been a good approach for the RRHoF speech.
Also pleased the Moonlight was brought back. Anxious to see videos of that posted to Youtube.
And final thoughts:
1)It seems much more natural to see Stevie at night! I finally realized what was jarring about the Jazzfest videos...daylight!
2) Personally I wish she would drop Free Fallin'. I like Rock N Roll and the crowd seems to like it. I'd like to see her close with that and then HAEWAFY or even Love Is again. Minor squabbles, I know!
It's so nice to see her at night vs. day. She's a creature of the night.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did Stevie change the set last night at Gorge Amphitheatre?
Old 05-15-2022, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure about the hair ….but..
She sounded great and very relaxed.
Loved Bella Donna..
Old 05-15-2022, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My honest thoughts: She looks like she is having fun and her vocals, outfit and appearance are really good! I am just jarred by how gingerly she is walking around the stage. Like the Standback twirls are almost embarrassing. I wish she would just wear ballerina flats or something if she is truly afraid of falling. It just honestly does make me sad. I feel like she should just take the twirling out of the set because it’s clunky and frankly “old lady like”. I love her though. I just feel like even Christine was more agil from the video clips from the last FM tour. Her voice though… no!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-15-2022, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Not sure about the hair ….but..
She sounded great and very relaxed.
Loved Bella Donna..
I don’t think the hair is doing her any favors.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-15-2022, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
I don’t think the hair is doing her any favors.
She looks like she’s had her finger stuck in the electric socket…

But if that’s what she likes, so be it …she’s 74 in a couple of days…..
Old 05-15-2022, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When Stevie did Soldier's Angel on the In Your Dreams Tour 2011-2012, did she not sing the fourth verse like she's doing (not singing it) this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8L7lQR004Q

Maybe she thought that verse wouldn't connect with the genocide happening in Ukraine.

Also, does anyone hear a keyboard in the background? It sounds like an X-Files or All the Beautiful Worlds sound. Otherwise, I think the song sounds great.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you recall, somewhere around 2011-2013 she hurt her knee and you noticed her twirling in 2013 Mac era was a bit slowed down because of the pain, she was going a bit slower in stand back.

Additionally, she said in an interview during the pandemic that she hurt that same knee again and you can see from the Red Rocks clips that she's wearing a knee brace. That would explain the "clunky" look...she's probably not trying to overdo it and make a situation worse. It probably wouldn't hurt her to tone it down or not do it at all in some parts, but I think after singing for so many years you get into habits like that and they are hard to get away from.

Quote:
My honest thoughts: She looks like she is having fun and her vocals, outfit and appearance are really good! I am just jarred by how gingerly she is walking around the stage. Like the Standback twirls are almost embarrassing. I wish she would just wear ballerina flats or something if she is truly afraid of falling. It just honestly does make me sad. I feel like she should just take the twirling out of the set because it’s clunky and frankly “old lady like”. I love her though. I just feel like even Christine was more agil from the video clips from the last FM tour. Her voice though… no!
Old 05-16-2022, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those "twirls" during Stand Back were totally embarrassing. I think it's a bit sad that she even feels she needs to do that in her show anymore. The woman is almost 74 years old. I do get it - I'm over 30 years younger than her and I find myself being a bit more careful with walking so that I don't fall (I took a nasty slip in March outside in some mud and landed my rear end on the corner of a retaining wall and have been dealing with the effects of that for 2+ months). She can be an engaging entertainer without trying to do the kind of crap she did on stage 30-40 years ago.

She looks alright and her vocals are serviceable. But her voice continues to lose more and more of what I found enjoyable about her live performances over the years. It's been a downward trend over the last 25 years (really more, but whenever she got that vocal coach.....blah). The little nuances she used to add to her live vocals are gone. She sounds flat and very blah.

I wouldn't go see her and I continue to find her to be a nauseating person, but I'm glad the old gal still is willing and able to get on stage and entertain the fans who do want to see her again or see her for the first time. We are losing the boomer-era rockers more and more every year and the time to see them is limited.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default !

I could not bear to watch some of the new performances all the way through on youtube. What I did see reminded me of someone's grandma or great grandma dressing up as Stevie Nicks and trying to put on a show. FFS lady retire !

Old 05-16-2022, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I could not bear to watch some of the new performances all the way through on youtube. What I did see reminded me of someone's grandma or great grandma dressing up as Stevie Nicks and trying to put on a show. FFS lady retire !
I'm told it's disrespectful to say that about Stevie.