User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
The majority of Fleetwood Mac fans are on board with this move. A little shell-shocked, but definitely curious. We have to remember how small a fraction of fans are represented on social media.
I disagree, 100%. True FM fans know that this scenario is bullsh*t. They're going to drop ticket prices like a hot turd.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To quote my very casual FM fan brother, "Why bother? It's not Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey. I am so glad I got to take my kids to see the band with all 5".

BTW my nephew is 16 and is very into Tusk and thinks LB's guitar playing is a thing of wonder. He's even learned to travis pick. My niece (20) is a HUGE Stevie fan. Well I'm going to have to fill her in on what she's been up to.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I disagree, 100%. True FM fans know that this scenario is bullsh*t. They're going to drop ticket prices like a hot turd.
I hope so. I hope they end their career with a huge embarrassment. They deserve it. I have to remind people that I've only been a SN hater the last couple of years. She has worn on my last nerve the way she has been acting. I used to be her biggest fan, and while I will always love lots of her music, I'm not going to worship her personally anymore. She's become insufferable.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hope so. I hope they end their career with a huge embarrassment. They deserve it. I have to remind people that I've only been a SN hater the last couple of years. She has worn on my last nerve the way she has been acting. I used to be her biggest fan, and while I will always love lots of her music, I'm not going to worship her personally anymore. She's become insufferable.
I agree completely. This final act is the worst way they could have ever ended their legacy. Whoever IS responsible should die from shame.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree completely. This final act is the worst way they could have ever ended their legacy. Whoever IS responsible should die from shame.
On the contrary, this new line up may be our only chance at a new studio album and is definitely the only way we will hear blues era Fleetwood Mac songs live for the first time in decades.
I know Lindsey is an amazing virtuoso guitarist and an incredible, innovative songwriter who constantly pushes the envelope in his solo career and on Tusk and Say You Will.
But is he irreplaceable? Maybe, but no more so than Christine. No more so than Stevie. And if anyone in this band is truly irreplaceable, it's the rhythm section of Fleetwood and Mac.
Try to see the positives!
Old 05-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
On the contrary, this new line up may be our only chance at a new studio album and is definitely the only way we will hear blues era Fleetwood Mac songs live for the first time in decades.
I know Lindsey is an amazing virtuoso guitarist and an incredible, innovative songwriter who constantly pushes the envelope in his solo career and on Tusk and Say You Will.
But is he irreplaceable? Maybe, but no more so than Christine. No more so than Stevie. And if anyone in this band is truly irreplaceable, it's the rhythm section of Fleetwood and Mac.
Try to see the positives!

It's just hard for me, personally, hung up on fairness and justice as I am, to stomach this hypocritical move. Impossible, even. So for me personally: they have made their beds and can lay in it. If I want to hear FM's good blues era I'll listen to the original musicians play it, and if I want to hear good blues, period, I can name 75 bands and musicians I'd go listen to before this bunch. It's the FM sound WITH LB I loved. So for me, without him, what's the use.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:52 AM

"Excited" is a big word since I was expecting a tour with the Fab 5, but I'm definitely curious, as someone else said a few days ago "I thought I could predict what they will do but they keep surprising me"
Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
It's just hard for me, personally, hung up on fairness and justice as I am, to stomach this hypocritical move. Impossible, even. So for me personally: they have made their beds and can lay in it. If I want to hear FM's good blues era I'll listen to the original musicians play it, and if I want to hear good blues, period, I can name 75 bands and musicians I'd go listen to before this bunch. It's the FM sound WITH LB I loved. So for me, without him, what's the use.
Dare I wade in? Perhaps briefly.

Lindsey will be fine. He's super wealthy, has a solo career, a family etc. I'm still not convinced they just wanted to get rid of him arbitrarily.

Despite being mainly a Buckingham-Nicks fan myself, I know there was more to them than that. I've often wondered why they didn't do more of their work from an earlier time. They should before too late. As Mick has said, there wouldn't have been a FM without Peter Green, who regularly makes lists of greatest guitar players of all time. That's a legacy that deserves to be remembered as part of this group's history.

I just wish them all the best. I wasn't going to see FM this time but with Neil on board I might.