Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
by far her worst album!!!

(
Short words couldn't speak more truth. Aside from the repetitious style - the lyrics are so conscious in there denouncement of fame that it just becomes a tiresome crusade. Yawn factor=huge.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You have to figure, her life is perfect. She has her husband whom she loves, her children, all the money and fame in the world...so she has really nothing to sing about. I think she had to make up stuff and try turn her life into creative art.

Writing has to be inspired. I think she mostly wrote about her feelings and I guess now she just has run dry...perhaps?

I would like it if her next album was raw...and sing about her kids, growing old, being only with one man, but do it in a way so that we connect. There are alot of people who are Madonna's age and hit the stride of life...but they still want music and she is in a position to give it to them.

Let Kylie do the electric slow stuff, Madonna was always more vital that that.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet

Writing has to be inspired. I think she mostly wrote about her feelings and I guess now she just has run dry...perhaps?

Madonna's epiphany reminds me of when Geri Halliwell broke with the Spice Girls and was being interviewed on Parkinson. She mad a lousy interviewee because she kept ramming 'self-realisations' down the audiences throat. Any question Parkie would ask Geri - Geri would somehow turn it back into an 'I've seen the light' answer.

Madonna has been on the same tangent now through three albums (Ray of Light, Music, American Life).

That's the problem with a chameleon like Madonna - its okay to express the sentiment but getting stuck on it, is a disaster.

The irony about Madonna's epiphany is that her musical image has largely shifted from sex to violence (Die Another Day, What It Feels Like For a Girl, American Life). What sort of divine awakening is that?
Old 01-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats what I meant I guess.

She had to reach to find something to write about so she chose violence because her feelings and life are not inspiring enough...I don't really know.

But she has lost IT and needs to get IT back before her next album.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Thats what I meant I guess.

She had to reach to find something to write about so she chose violence because her feelings and life are not inspiring enough...I don't really know.

But she has lost IT and needs to get IT back before her next album.
I like her new album. I think all of the songs are wonderful (Sans I'm So Stupid, which I can't stand the big IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII note that goes on for ten seconds), even Mother and Father (which is arguabley the strangest song on the album) has grown on me. The title track, while different, is sort of fun. You can't play this song in the background without people stopping what they are doing and dancing to that little rap. It is sort of fun!

Maybe one day this record will get the respect it deserves, like Tusk, which not everyone appreciated when it first came out.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate the quasi-rap part. I drinking a soy latte.. blahblahblah.

Her voice just irks me on that part and the words are so dumb. (I know I know. blahblah reflection of american life..blahblah..) but it just makes it sound like a Weird Al song gone serious.