The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Kerry's own intern scandal?

Something is brewing. You heard it here first.

Clark made a cryptic that Kerry's campaign will implode because of an intern. And Howard Dean now is saying he won't bow out even if he loses in Wisconsin because evidently he expects Kerry to implode.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Kerry's own intern scandal?

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Something is brewing. You heard it here first.

Clark made a cryptic that Kerry's campaign will implode because of an intern. And Howard Dean now is saying he won't bow out even if he loses in Wisconsin because evidently he expects Kerry to implode.

Is there a link, doll? This is certainly fascinating, to say the least!

Old 02-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those interns!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Kerry's own intern scandal?

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

Is there a link, doll? This is certainly fascinating, to say the least!

Dissention, there is something up at the Drudge report. Here you go: http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk1.htm
Old 02-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Kerry's own intern scandal?

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
Dissention, there is something up at the Drudge report. Here you go: http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk1.htm
Thanks, but no thanks. I'd like to get my news from a reliable source, not a GOP schmuck.

*runs off to read it anyways*

Old 02-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After reading the Drudge Report, this isn't anything new. The Enquirer has been saying this for weeks. They've also said that he had wild monkey love with Loni Anderson, that he's addicted to plastic surgery, and he abuses drugs.

However, I can't wait to see how this pans out.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:33 PM

Quote:
After reading the Drudge Report, this isn't anything new. The Enquirer has been saying this for weeks. They've also said that he had wild monkey love with Loni Anderson, that he's addicted to plastic surgery, and he abuses drugs.

However, I can't wait to see how this pans out.
Don't knock the Enquirer. It has won far more suits than it lost. Its stories are surprisingly well researched.

I read somewhere other than Drudge's site, but I didn't save the link. Anyway, it's all over the papers now. If you go to news.google.com you'll see that papers across the world have started to pick up the story.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't Teresa Heinz say she'd kill him is he strayed?

Old 02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Didn't Teresa Heinz say she'd kill him is he strayed?
She said she'd "maim" him.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She said she'd "maim" him.
If this is true - he best take to wearing a cup

Old 02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am in such a state of shock right now; it's unbelievable. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, though, huh?

Here's the most in-depth article I could find (thanks Carne!):

Report: Intern scandal rocks Kerry campaign
Media investigating alleged recent infidelity Democrat rivals predict ruin for front-runner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 12, 2004
11:55 a.m. Eastern
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Democratic front-runner Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign is in peril amid allegations of infidelity, according to the Drudge Report.

"A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president," Drudge says.

Earlier this week, according to Drudge, Gen. Wesley Clark told a dozen reporters in an off-the-record conversation, "Kerry will implode over an intern issue … ."

Clark formally announced his withdrawal from the race yesterday. But former front-runner Howard Dean sees the "Kerry commotion" as a chance to revive his dying campaign, Drudge reports.

The allegation is why Dean "has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision not to drop out of the race after Wisconsin," top campaign sources told Drudge.

"A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Kerry has been underway at Time magazine, ABC News, the Washington Post and the Associated Press, where the woman in question once worked," Drudge says.

Drudge says the woman recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry. A close friend of the woman, he reports, first approached a reporter late last year "claiming fantastic stories."

The news-industry magazine Editor & Publisher contacted the Associated Press to see if the wire service would be reporting on the story.

"We simply don't comment on stories we are pursuing or not pursuing," AP spokesman Jack Stokes said.

During his broadcast today, radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh speculated the bombshell information could have been leaked to Drudge by Bill or Hillary Clinton. He said if that were true, the irony is "just too juicy." The former president was impeached after Drudge first publicized allegations of Clinton's own marital infidelity with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

In a story about Kerry rival John Edwards, AP cites recent encouragement the North Carolina senator has received from Bill Clinton.

Clinton told USA Today, "A lot of times things happen late in the race" which may or may not make a difference. "Look at the elections of the last 30 years. And ask yourself, is this election the same or different?"

A week ago, the Boston Herald's Inside Track column discussed a National Enquirer investigation on John Kerry which claimed Kerry is "an admitted pot smoker who had an eye for Hollywood honeys, namely Morgan Fairchild, Michelle Phillips and Catherine Oxenberg. In fact, Morgan and Michelle were so turned off by him, they both contributed to the other candidates seeking the nomination," the Herald stated.

According to the column, the Enquirer story also mentioned a "22-year-old blonde who was spotted around midnight 'dropping off her resume' at Kerry's Louisburg Square home while wife Teresa Heinz was in Nantucket."

Commenting on the Drudge story, Craig Crawford of the Congressional Quarterly said the allegation is something Wesley Clark campaign secretary and former Al Gore adviser Chris Lahane "has shopped around for a long time.

"It was one reason the Gore vetters in 2000 shied away from Kerry as a running mate choice," Crawford said.

Gore's staffers concluded the news wasn't bad enough to disqualify the Massachusetts senator, he continued, "except for the fact that they couldn't risk it as they were trying so hard to distance themselves from Clinton's personal failings."

Crawford notes that in addition to working for Gore, Lehane briefly advised Kerry during the current campaign.

"The Kerry camp has long expected to deal with this, and have assured party leaders they can handle it," Crawford said.

Meanwhile, the news is providing fodder on messageboards like Lucianne.com, where one post reads: "Watch out boys, those hoof prints you are hearing is Hillary running in for the rescue of her party!"

More to come ...

Old 02-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing that really gets me is that, if this intern **** is true, Kerry is even running; especially now that he's the frontrunner. He is going to f*ck up our chances of getting into the White House. He must have been stupid to think that this kind of thing could be "dealt with." Not after Clinton, buddy. If by some small miracle Edwards grabs the spotlight (that is, if these allegations are true), we might stand a chance, but not much of one. Dean will never get it, so he can go home now.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thing that really gets me is that, if this intern **** is true, Kerry is even running; especially now that he's the frontrunner. He is going to f*ck up our chances of getting into the White House. He must have been stupid to think that this kind of thing could be "dealt with." Not after Clinton, buddy. If by some small miracle Edwards grabs the spotlight (that is, if these allegations are true), we might stand a chance, but not much of one. Dean will never get it, so he can go home now.
I tend to agree that this intern thing is false. I do not think the DNC would hurt its chances by even letting Kerry run in the first place. Clearly the DNC could have quietly released this last year if it was true and it has been a secret since 2000, etc. So, I say we will have to wait as usual for the facts to appear. Also, I just do not get that vibe from Kerry. But, he is a man after all

Old 02-12-2004, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I warned you about this particular candidate! If this is true, it does put into contect Dean's extra aggressive stance over the last few days. I was beginning to wonder why he'd gotten so vociferous.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I tend to agree that this intern thing is false. I do not think the DNC would hurt its chances by even letting Kerry run in the first place. Clearly the DNC could have quietly released this last year if it was true and it has been a secret since 2000, etc. So, I say we will have to wait as usual for the facts to appear. Also, I just do not get that vibe from Kerry. But, he is a man after all
The first thing that entered my mind was that it was cooked up by the GOPs, which is rather logical consider the state of the Republican party these past few years. I honestly don't think that these allegations are true, but whatever.