Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey x Marilyn

I think Lindsey might be a Marilyn Monroe fan.
I was looking at pictures Richard shared and I noticed in Lindsey's home studio, there's a picture of Marilyn from Bus Stop hanging on the wall.
And in a picture of Lindsey from the Mirage sessions, there was another poster of her draped over something beside him.

Or it could all be nothing and just some strange coincidence but I absolutely love Marilyn so I want to believe that he is a fan.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I was looking at pictures Richard shared and I noticed in Lindsey's home studio, there's a picture of Marilyn from Bus Stop hanging on the wall.
And in a picture of Lindsey from the Mirage sessions, there was another poster of her draped over something beside him.

Or it could all be nothing and just some strange coincidence but I absolutely love Marilyn so I want to believe that he is a fan.
Would make a great subject for a song -- or album cover. Her performance in Bus Stop is sublime.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Would make a great subject for a song -- or album cover. Her performance in Bus Stop is sublime.
I agree. Love it. Don Murray messed up the whole movie though, in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:13 PM

Yes, there's also this famous shot of Stevie from the Tango in the Night sessions, thus at Lindsey's home:

https://crystalnicks.tumblr.com/post/101917112543/dickdash-two-classic-american-beauties-one

But I don't know if the decoration choices for his houses are his, from Carol Ann Harris' book it seems he preferred leaving most of those to his partner. However those were years in which Marilyn was considered cool and was part of the pop culture again, so maybe he/they liked the posters as glamour objects.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-18-2017 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yes, there's also this famous shot of Stevie from the Tango in the Night sessions, thus at Lindsey's home:

https://crystalnicks.tumblr.com/post/101917112543/dickdash-two-classic-american-beauties-one

But I don't know if the decoration choices for his houses are his, from Carol Ann Harris' book it seems he preferred leaving most of those to his partner. However those were years in which Marilyn was considered cool and was part of the pop culture again, so maybe he/they liked the posters as glamour objects.
Maybe but I think he's just into that type of thing. IIRC, CAH also mentioned that she bought him vintage movie posters because he likes them and that he's a fan of Montgomery Clift. And I read this Q&A with a friend of his post-CAH girlfriend and that friend also mentioned that he's a big film buff. Marilyn is the most famous movie star ever so if he likes movies and older stars then it would make sense.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post

I've seen a few photos of Lindsey and Marilyn Monroe pictures, possibly from the Tusk era. Either he has a thing for Marilyn or someone else in the band does, and he's the one that always gets caught with her.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I've seen a few photos of Lindsey and Marilyn Monroe pictures, possibly from the Tusk era. Either he has a thing for Marilyn or someone else in the band does, and he's the one that always gets caught with her.
Can you post them? I've only ever seen the ones from Mirage and Tango.

I think Lindsey is the fan since the Bus Stop poster was hanging in his home studio.