User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I mean even Wendy Welch was banging on Christine's personality and I accepted it. I can see that any of these people can be beyond reproach. And then their fans are, too. Money changes people. Fandom changes people. Having an obsession changes people.

It's really just a part of life.

Hey how about that steamy Buck/McVie sexy rumour!!! Kristen is gonna be maaaaaaaaaaaaddddddd...
Tru dat. I've been forced to see Chris in a light I never wanted to, but that's life. Don't live with blinders!

You know, I always figured John was too hairy for Lindsey, but hey, I wouldn't put anything past them!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I loved Richard's blog. He got some weird questions for sure but all his answers were really nice and diplomatic.
That's the thing I found intriguing about Richard's blogs, though... I submitted several music related questions during the height of his activity, and none were ever chosen. I wasn't bothered by this, but I found it puzzling how Richard responded to so many rude and downright pointless questions/comments instead.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That's the thing I found intriguing about Richard's blogs, though... I submitted several music related questions during the height of his activity, and none were ever chosen. I wasn't bothered by this, but I found it puzzling how Richard responded to so many rude and downright pointless questions/comments instead.
I think for him, he was trying to settle people down with his answers. He was so polite. And they kept getting worse. And he probably got flooded with the crazies... lol
Old 11-30-2016, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
When you have the anonymous feature enabled, that allows for a lot of those questions because the people who send them are usually a minority but it's the same group sending them over and over. So he likely got a lot of weirder ones and was trying to deal with them. Plus he must've thought some of them were funny.

He did answer a lot of other great questions and offered some wonderful insight, always honest but respectful. I loved all his pictures and the little stories he would share.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Right? I never watched the show in its entirety and I know it's shallow but the appearance bugged me, the way she was she never struck me as someone who'd change her hair, that little thing just ended up making me enjoy it less.
For reasons unknown, she was wearing a wig. It lent artificiality to the character and also seemed to change the structure of Gillian's face which looked longer.

Michele
Old 11-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I mean even Wendy Welch was banging on Christine's personality and I accepted it. I can see that any of these people can be beyond reproach. And then their fans are, too. Money changes people. Fandom changes people. Having an obsession changes people.

It's really just a part of life.
Yes, having an obsession does change you and it's crazy. I mean, I think it's some kind of chemical that gets released inside of you, when your view is validated. I think if scientists studied it they would find it akin to the same effect drugs have on you.

I was on The Hollywood Reporter site listening to a panel with The Americans and Matthew Rhys said his character never loved Martha and just felt guilt over her, which is exactly how I read it and I was over the moon. Seriously, I wanted to find everyone who watched the Americans and say, "See, I told you," because whenever I read anything to the contrary I would get angry.

Of course, the writers didn't agree with what Matthew Rhys said at all and I had to debate with myself about whether the writers knew the character more than the actor who played him did and whether the character even belonged to the writers anymore or did the character belong to the actor or to me? (Which is what Chris Carter asked in the Milagro episode of The X-Files) I mean, these are the same questions I've asked myself over the years about Mulder and Scully and, in a way about Fleetwood Mac too.

The difference being that Fleetwood Mac members are real people and can't always (or shouldn't) be reshaped or reimagined as much as fictional characters can be.

Michele
Old 12-01-2016, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

The difference being that Fleetwood Mac members are real people and can't always (or shouldn't) be reshaped or reimagined as much as fictional characters can be.

Michele
I'm not so sure Stevie is real.

I think we have too much information on all of them
now. The internet, and Stevie giving too many television
interviews left us with no mystery at all.

We certainly can't make them what we want them to be.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
1970's and 80's was my favorite.
Me too! Personally love 80's more
Old 12-01-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, having an obsession does change you and it's crazy. I mean, I think it's some kind of chemical that gets released inside of you, when your view is validated. I think if scientists studied it they would find it akin to the same effect drugs have on you.

I was on The Hollywood Reporter site listening to a panel with The Americans and Matthew Rhys said his character never loved Martha and just felt guilt over her, which is exactly how I read it and I was over the moon. Seriously, I wanted to find everyone who watched the Americans and say, "See, I told you," because whenever I read anything to the contrary I would get angry.

Of course, the writers didn't agree with what Matthew Rhys said at all and I had to debate with myself about whether the writers knew the character more than the actor who played him did and whether the character even belonged to the writers anymore or did the character belong to the actor or to me? (Which is what Chris Carter asked in the Milagro episode of The X-Files) I mean, these are the same questions I've asked myself over the years about Mulder and Scully and, in a way about Fleetwood Mac too.

Michele
I don't think he loved Martha. The foundation was always that he was doing his job. The guilt was his own for creating a false relationship and then having her shipped out. I think he thought, "What am I doing in this life?"
Old 12-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'm not so sure Stevie is real.

I think we have too much information on all of them
now. The internet, and Stevie giving too many television
interviews left us with no mystery at all.

We certainly can't make them what we want them to be.
But we can and do, because despite the wealth of information out there that we can all read and share, we still come away with very different views of the people. I mean, while I suppose there's a general consensus about the McVies, with Stevie, Lindsey and, even, Mick we can all see or hear the same interview and have very different takes on it -- takes which conveniently fit in with the pre-existing views we had about those individuals already.

Michele
Old 12-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours era. And if I extend it, let's say 75-79
Old 12-05-2016, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But we can and do...

Michele
Maybe at this point my enthusiasm is
lacking to try or care to figure them