User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
yay a new place for me to post my mantra!!!

Ok so this weekend. [as a 15 almost 16 year old girl], I decided that young boys are just stupid!!!
seriously!!!

Most young guys only care about physical appearance [and trust me at my school none of them are prizes anyways, and most of the girls...too thin for thier own good and not that pretty as is], and wieght. they don't care how nice someone is, all they care about is how 'cool' or how 'sexy' some one is.

And for that young boys are stupid.
and why I am giving up hope on highschool boys forever. so no boyfriend in highschool for me. [which will also probably mean no date to prom either but whatever!]
Savage, I am glad you don't have the same attitude as these stupid young guys, and you know what, more guys should be like you.
You know what though, it really isn't only guys, [as VivFox said] girls are the same stupid way in highschool too! all they care about is looks and money, and what kindof car a guy drives. LAME.

I do have to admit that looks matter, but judging someone soley on them is the most assinine thing to do.

Its not right how older women are being treated at that grocery store Savage, and if I were you, I would take the time to talk to a manager about it. It's not right that just because these women arent 17 year old size 2 skanks they don't get someone to help them do thier job more efficently.
[no offence to anyone size 2 here, but overall girls my age are just too skinny. i know a 5'6,5'7 girl who is like a size 0...that is unhealthy really...]

people just suck.

You know, as someone who is judged on a daily basis by kids at school, that really gets to me why people have to be such idiots.
I mean I don't think I'm completely horrible [looks wise, size wise, personality wise] but for some reason, I am picked on for all of that. So as Liam said about his Aunt...it gives someone who doesn't deserve it a complex for life. And I'm sure that in a way these ladies at the supermarket are feeling the same, like they are inferior.

Blame the media for this crap. I do.
I think not having a boyfriend in highschool is an excellent idea! Always put yourself first and go after your dreams and what you want. In the end that is what makes you happy, not some stupid boy!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I would beat him to within an inch of his life if I had been there

As for peoples' opinions of you -- of course the matter to some degree. We all want to be liked on some level. However, learning to keep that want at a reasonable level is hard. How many times have we all gotten all dressed up or prepared in some way for some event and it goes over like a lead balloon. That sucks. In the end, it is hard for people to like you or notice you if you do not like or love yourself. I mean change what you can (weight, hair, dress a certain way, better attitude, etc. ) -- but you are you -- the sooner each of us learns to love that underlying person, the sooner life is IMO easier. And, I know it can be hard to do that when you feel you do not fit in (whatever that means) , etc. That confidence shines through and IMO attracts other people. Fortunately, I am not really one to listen in an greatly significant manner to anyone's drum but my own.

That is if I can stop staring at my own reflection in the mirror long enough to give a shiitte
Haha, that's right. Look in the mirror and say, "Honey, you're all that and a bag of chips."
Old 07-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Back in 1979 when I worked in a grocery store as a bagger I was always getting in trouble for being too talkative to the cashiers. One particular cashier would always complain to the bosses that I talked too much to her. I'm sure it's because she wasn't sexually attracted to me. People are like that. I'm ugly you see, and most people treat me like dog meat when they speak to me. One of my brothers is very handsome and he didn't have to say a word, yet women would fall at his feet in admiration. One girl once said to me, "can I ask you a question?" I said "sure," and she said, "you're brother is so georgeous. What in the hell ever happened to you?" This was said to me in 1980 and I still remember the sting like it was yesterday. That really hurt.
The worst part for me as a gay man is the horrible treatment I get from other gays. They treat me worse than everyone else. In most cases when I hit on guys they usually ask me for money to have sex with them. Luckily for me I have a very loving family and some very loving friends.And my belief in God. Without that support system I might have killed myself a long time ago.
Imagine what it would feel like to you if no one ever asked you out on a date? In the last ten years only three people have hit on me. How pathetic. Welcome to my life. No wonder I'm on the computer all day-I feel like a person with leprosy.
I"m sorry, I know this sounds totally pathetic. I just wanted all you beautiful people to know how deeply sad it is to be an ugly person in a world obsessed with beauty.
That's too bad! Attractiveness has never been a factor in my dating life. I've dated former models and 400lb women. I'm married to a wonderful woman who just happens to be overweight. So what?! I don't get why people put so much weight on that either.

It's shameful that you've been treated that way! If it makes you feel any better, I've gone on dates and have been asked for money myself. I really didn't expect that!

You sound like a great person and I hope you find a wonderful guy someday! I'm married and I'm not gay, otherwise I'd ask for your#!

Have a great dat!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I think not having a boyfriend in highschool is an excellent idea! Always put yourself first and go after your dreams and what you want. In the end that is what makes you happy, not some stupid boy!
Truly! The best way to be successful after high-school is to focus on developing yourself and your job skills. Pick a college major that pays well and have a great life. Guys (and girls) just get in the way.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Truly! The best way to be successful after high-school is to focus on developing yourself and your job skills. Pick a college major that pays well and have a great life. Guys (and girls) just get in the way.
Speaking of "shallow"...
Old 07-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Back in 1979 when I worked in a grocery store as a bagger I was always getting in trouble for being too talkative to the cashiers. One particular cashier would always complain to the bosses that I talked too much to her. I'm sure it's because she wasn't sexually attracted to me. People are like that. I'm ugly you see, and most people treat me like dog meat when they speak to me. One of my brothers is very handsome and he didn't have to say a word, yet women would fall at his feet in admiration. One girl once said to me, "can I ask you a question?" I said "sure," and she said, "you're brother is so georgeous. What in the hell ever happened to you?" This was said to me in 1980 and I still remember the sting like it was yesterday. That really hurt.
The worst part for me as a gay man is the horrible treatment I get from other gays. They treat me worse than everyone else. In most cases when I hit on guys they usually ask me for money to have sex with them. Luckily for me I have a very loving family and some very loving friends.And my belief in God. Without that support system I might have killed myself a long time ago.
Imagine what it would feel like to you if no one ever asked you out on a date? In the last ten years only three people have hit on me. How pathetic. Welcome to my life. No wonder I'm on the computer all day-I feel like a person with leprosy.
I"m sorry, I know this sounds totally pathetic. I just wanted all you beautiful people to know how deeply sad it is to be an ugly person in a world obsessed with beauty.
This whole post is heartbreaking. However, I do believe that you are probably not as ugly as you say you are. And maybe I am being Pollyanna*, but I do believe that there *are* people out there who will appreciate inner beauty. That may not be the norm, but I believe it exists. It's a sad world we live in that makes a young man feel suicidal over how he looks.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well at Walgreens the bagger and cashier are one in the same and most of the time there is just one (two if there's a long line) so there really is no prejudices here. And if you think that Walgreens doesn't get large orders, just last week a woman spent 465 dollars in things all under 10 dollars.

He Will Burn You Down