The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will you vote Democratic?
Yes, I'll vote for Obama 27 49.09%
No, I'll vote for McCain 13 23.64%
Only, If Hillary is on the ticket 6 10.91%
I dont know yet 9 16.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Ledgie

Default Honestly, now that Obama is the nominee........

Honestly, now that Obama is the nominee , and this is for Hillary supporters, will you vote Democratic or Republican ?

Personally, I'll vote Republican if she isnt on the ticket. I can't stand Obama and his supporters. For some reason his slogans drive me crazy: "Yes we can" , "Change we can belive in". What a joke.

This video explains it quite well

Last edited by Blondie85; 06-04-2008 at 12:35 AM..
Old 06-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Clintonian era of the Democratic party is over .I don't think he will choose her as V.P. and if some of her supporters vote Republican then they really are not Democrats anyway .

Old 06-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The Clintonian era of the Democratic party is over .I don't think he will choose her as V.P. and if some of her supporters vote Republican then they really are not Democrats anyway .
In your humble opinion.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know now honestly. He really seems like a "sheep in wolves clothing" to me, and thats scary. But i will not be voting for osama obama (as i have heard him called) but then again, i dont know if our country can survive annother term of a republican president. Oh good lord, if only oprah had indorsed Hillary.

here, ill save you the trouble,blah, blah, your statements are so ignorant blah blah, obama rules, blah blah, grandpa mccain is a war vet.
-just save it.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I talked to a friend of mine that is a Libertarian, but a thoughtful political thinker. He thinks The Obama/McCain vote will be much closer than alot of people think. The reason: because Obama is African-AMerican, and my friend told me whether or not SOME people will admit it, they will not vote for him for that one simple reason. So let me ask the question that needs to be asked, whether we all like it or not. Do you agree with my friend and why,or do you not agree and why?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

your statements are so ignorant
-just save it.
you said it!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I talked to a friend of mine that is a Libertarian, but a thoughtful political thinker. He thinks The Obama/McCain vote will be much closer than alot of people think. The reason: because Obama is African-AMerican, and my friend told me whether or not SOME people will admit it, they will not vote for him for that one simple reason. So let me ask the question that needs to be asked, whether we all like it or not. Do you agree with my friend and why,or do you not agree and why?
There sadly may be some truth to that ..When I was 20 years old in 1982 I voted for a black man as the Governer of California ,Tom Bradley the then mayor of Los Angeles who was ahead in all the polls but somehow lost to some awful Reagan wannabe Duekmajin (not sure if that is the correct spelling)It is thought to this day that people actually told the pollsters they would vote for Bradley and when they got in the booth did not because of his race..I was very disappointed then .I hope the country has moved past that kind of ignorance.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know now honestly. He really seems like a "sheep in wolves clothing" to me, and thats scary. But i will not be voting for osama obama (as i have heard him called) but then again, i dont know if our country can survive annother term of a republican president. Oh good lord, if only oprah had indorsed Hillary.

here, ill save you the trouble,blah, blah, your statements are so ignorant blah blah, obama rules, blah blah, grandpa mccain is a war vet.
-just save it.
You're too smart to be parroting Limbaugh.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie85 View Post
Honestly, now that Obama is the nominee , and this is for Hillary supporters, will you vote Democratic or Republican ?

Personally, I'll vote Republican if she isnt on the ticket. I can't stand Obama and his supporters. For some reason his slogans drive me crazy: "Yes we can" , "Change we can belive in". What a joke.
If you're voting largely based on slogans, you're just as moronic as the idiots who voted for Bush because they'd rather have a beer with him than Gore/Kerry.

Oh, and if you consider yourself a Democrat, yet would rather vote for McCain, than Obama- guess what. You're not a real Democrat, and you'd rather stomp your feet and exhibit your sour grapes rather than vote/work to help advance this country for the better of the common (Democratic belief) good.

Oh, you also have other issues to work out, t0o (DavidMN broached one prominent one that sadly impacts many people's choices)
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
well, maybe im just not talking to the same people that you are , but on the other side of the coin you presented, i tend to know alot of people who want to vote for him just BECAUSE he is africanamerican. Thats how they are interpreting "vote for change" i think it is terrible to not vote for someone based on race (or gender, sexual orientation, or religeous affiliations) but i also hate if that IS the reason why someone gets the vote also.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
You're too smart to be parroting Limbaugh.
Thats not where i heard that, but eww, I hate Limbaugh.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
well, maybe im just not talking to the same people that you are , but on the other side of the coin you presented, i tend to know alot of people who want to vote for him just BECAUSE he is africanamerican. Thats how they are interpreting "vote for change" i think it is terrible to not vote for someone based on race (or gender, sexual orientation, or religeous affiliations) but i also hate if that IS the reason why someone gets the vote also.
Your point being?

An exceedingly large number of women who voted for Hillary did so primarily because she's a woman. Exit polls have proven that predilection (and that's just those who were willing to admit it)
Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
you said it!
Honestly, someday, you and I are goning to agree on SOMETHING but untill then, hey, if 4years go by, and GOD KNOWS WHAT doesnt go horribly wrong and he doesnt screw up the country. I'll totally owe u a Coke.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Your point being?

An exceedingly large number of women who voted for Hillary did so primarily because she's a woman. Exit polls have proven that predilection (and that's just those who were willing to admit it)
EXACALLY. And how much does it bother you that that is what happened. That IS my point. People voting for him JUST because he is african american bothers me JUST AS MUCH as people voting for HILLARY JUST BECAUSE she's a woman.
ThatISmypoint.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Your point being?

EXACALLY. And how much does it bother you that that was the case. That IS my point. People voting for him JUST because he is african american bothers me JUST AS MUCH as people voting for HILLARY JUST BECAUSE she's a woman.
ThatISmypoint.