User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Why can't the bullying just stop. Sugar Mouse has as much of a right to be on this board as anyone AND to express their opinions freely without this constant berating. I hate this...

Too bad so sad if you don't like that there are people who are truly enjoying this new line up. Leave them alone!
John, I fully respect the fact that you love the new band lineup, and I will never tell you how to feel.
I don’t like the new lineup, and I am still crushed that Lindsey was fired.

What I am tired of, is people telling me that I’m SUPPOSE to like it, to GET OVER IT, MOVE ON, that I’m a big baby for not liking it.

I see that as bullying.

I’m on a FM chat site, talking about FM things, with others that feel the same way, and some that don’t. So if you don’t like what you are reading, move on. That’s what I do on the threads that gush about the new lineup.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
John, I fully respect the fact that you love the new band lineup, and I will never tell you how to feel.
I don’t like the new lineup, and I am still crushed that Lindsey was fired.

What I am tired of, is people telling me that I’m SUPPOSE to like it, to GET OVER IT, MOVE ON, that I’m a big baby for not liking it.

I see that as bullying.

I’m on a FM chat site, talking about FM things, with others that feel the same way, and some that don’t. So if you don’t like what you are reading, move on. That’s what I do on the threads that gush about the new lineup.
I agree with you. I hope you don't see what JohnL said as bullying. He wasn't name calling or telling people how they should feel, so I think you two are definitely on the same page.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, there IS a new forum here for that lineup. THAT'S where the new lineup belongs.
The new line up belongs in Chase Bank, because money is the only reason for it.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Don't bother being helpful, elle, in today's climate helpful = hateful. Go figure.
lol i know, right?

oh well. you can never please everyone. if people don't like the info provided, they can always not read it.

there were social media posts about Lindsey dedicating a song to Stevie at his show this week. you could not even imagine hateful comments on that. it's like - seriously? nice gestures are being hated and disparaged, especially in FM fan world.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-16-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol i know, right?

oh well. you can never please everyone. if people don't like the info provided, they can always not read it.

there were social media posts about Lindsey dedicating a song to Stevie at his show this week. you could not even imagine hateful comments on that. it's like - seriously? nice gestures are being hated and disparaged, especially in FM fan world.
hated by LB fans? SN fans? both??
Old 11-16-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hated by LB fans? SN fans? both??
hated by overzealous SN fans. comments like "move on!" "why is he talking about her?" and then general hateful comments from that specific bunch that we see about him everywhere since april. very bizarre.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2019, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Richard Dashut

Richard is posting stories from his years in the recording business and his time with Fleetwood mac.

He is posting it them on his Facebook page.

He just posted a good story about forgetting Mick in a hotel room before a gig.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-18-2019, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He was doing the same, maybe 3 years ago. Then he seemingly got upset over something, and stopped completely(we were speculating at the time, that the band asked him to stop- because it was right after he was backstage at a show). I think he's a very sensitive guy, and gets hurt or offended very easily.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Richard is posting stories from his years in the recording business and his time with Fleetwood mac.

He is posting it them on his Facebook page.

He just posted a good story about forgetting Mick in a hotel room before a gig.
I bet that was a good story. But not as good as Stevie taking micro-dot acid and could not find her way to the Hawaii airport to pick up Mick. Laughing hysterically all the way.
If only we could have been a fly on the wall in those days
Old 01-19-2019, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He's thinking of writing a book or just to continue to post stories on his Facebook page. So far his stories are pretty interesting and I think he would have a pretty good book if he stays focused. Yes, he's has started and stopped several projects over the last few years. I don't think he is in the greatest of health either.

The story with Mick was from the White Album tour. Mick stayed up all night partying and went to bed in the morning. Richard knocked and knocked and thought Mick was already up and gone. Richard drove to the gig and no Mick. JC was pissed and drove to get Mick, getting back just in time to get on stage. Another good one, was when they got to their hotel the rooms weren't available and JC slapped the desk guy in the face and they stormed out to find another hotel. Richard said today JC would never have gotten away with doing that.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-21-2019, 02:47 PM
Ledgie

Default John Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
He's thinking of writing a book or just to continue to post stories on his Facebook page. So far his stories are pretty interesting and I think he would have a pretty good book if he stays focused. Yes, he's has started and stopped several projects over the last few years. I don't think he is in the greatest of health either.

The story with Mick was from the White Album tour. Mick stayed up all night partying and went to bed in the morning. Richard knocked and knocked and thought Mick was already up and gone. Richard drove to the gig and no Mick. JC was pissed and drove to get Mick, getting back just in time to get on stage. Another good one, was when they got to their hotel the rooms weren't available and JC slapped the desk guy in the face and they stormed out to find another hotel. Richard said today JC would never have gotten away with doing that.
Is it just me, or does John Courage seem like a first class a-hole? I agree with Richard that JC would never get away with slapping a desk clerk today. Still, to do it at all, in the guise of "well this is just rock and roll" really doesn't fly no matter what age we live in.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise5 View Post
Is it just me, or does John Courage seem like a first class a-hole? I agree with Richard that JC would never get away with slapping a desk clerk today. Still, to do it at all, in the guise of "well this is just rock and roll" really doesn't fly no matter what age we live in.
that story certainly sounds bad, but other than that it seemed like all associated with the band had really nice things to say about JC, and he was very respected for the work he did to shepherd that band of drugged out crazies in their heyday.

he was also somewhat active on facebook in the last few years before he died. he was nothing but great and in fb contacts so i wanted to make sure this thread doesn't start spiraling down and piling on by people who never had any contact with JC.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Why are you so obnoxious? Perhaps your billion posts saying the same thing about Stevie should be merged?
To be fair, I agree with elle that a number of threads like this one should be embedded as discussion continuations in older threads on the same subjects.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that story certainly sounds bad, but other than that it seemed like all associated with the band had really nice things to say about JC, and he was very respected for the work he did to shepherd that band of drugged out crazies in their heyday.

he was also somewhat active on facebook in the last few years before he died. he was nothing but great and in fb contacts so i wanted to make sure this thread doesn't start spiraling down and piling on by people who never had any contact with JC.
John and I interacted several times as friends on Facebook, and he was was always friendly and gracious. A gentleman. May he rest in peace.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
John and I interacted several times as friends on Facebook, and he was was always friendly and gracious. A gentleman. May he rest in peace.
I had the same experiences with him.