The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
I doubt Lindsey really needs the money. He's got the highest net worth of any of his former band members. In this world, unfortunately, money is the marker of value, for better or worse. So a lawsuit is really Lindsey's only option at this point to show his importance in FM.
I keep thinking that it is not so much that Lindsey wants the money. It may be more that he doesn't want THEM to have it.

Or maybe that's just my personal projection

In any event. He is due restitution in some form or another. And you KNOW it'll never be given via apologies or common decency, so demanding financial justice is what 's still feasible.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is worth 80 million, he doesn't need the money. This is about what's right.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a chiffonhead to the bone, I have to say that I support....

NEITHER.

They’re all egotistical assholes. Lindsey’s been a dick for years. Stevie is a drama queen to the point where Lindsey can’t even cough without her having a comment on it.

Mick has no loyalties to anyone as he’s proven time and time again. He treated Stevie like dirt during the BTM/Timespace era all over Silver Springs - because he wanted The Chain boxset to sell and make $$$.

Stevie has annoyed me so much over the last few years. She whined and whined about not making an album without Christine. Chris came back and she still wouldn’t do it because it wouldn’t sell. More money in touring. What happened to doing this for the love of it?

In Lindsey’s defence, he is a creative driving force and I have respect for him for trying to get the 5 back together for a new album.

In Stevie’s defence, I get that Lindsey is crazy controlling and egotistical.

Anyway rant over, they’re all as bad as each other.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

I support Lindsey.
Still sad that FM would break up at this late stage in their careers and go on this tour with such a weird line-up...

I have a front row seat to see Lindsey in December.
Not going to FM.
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."
Old 10-14-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Mick has no loyalties to anyone as he’s proven time and time again. He treated Stevie like dirt during the BTM/Timespace era all over Silver Springs - because he wanted The Chain boxset to sell and make $$$.
Mick had no control over that. The label owns the rights to release the song, not the band. Only after a song or album has been out of print for ten years does that go back to the artist. WB reissued the song as a b-side to Don’t Stop in 1987. All Mick could do is not put it on The Chain, if that.

She could have re-recorded it, though.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2018, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mick had no control over that. The label owns the rights to release the song, not the band. Only after a song or album has been out of print for ten years does that go back to the artist. WB reissued the song as a b-side to Don’t Stop in 1987. All Mick could do is not put it on The Chain, if that.

If this case ever goes to court, please let Steve Hopkins be called in as an expert witness for the defendant.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I seriously doubt he’ll get his full tour income, since he didn’t actually play, but I bet he gets a cut of the merch, some damages, and will be part of any decisions regarding the work he was involved with. It’ll likely be settled in arbitration and we’ll never know any of the details.

Lindsey’s cause may have been hurt by the filing going public.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
If this case ever goes to court, please let Steve Hopkins be called in as an expert witness for the defendant.
I only know about this particular rule because it’s directly affected a friend of mine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Even Lindsey sided with Mick, for the most part. But as I recall, Stevie was blaming Mick for not getting back to her in a timely fashion and for not communicating with her—exactly what Lindsey has said this year. Mick seems to handle weird requests in a very brusque, insensitive manner.

Quote:
She'd have been just as likely to re-record all of Rumours.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Even Lindsey sided with Mick, for the most part. But as I recall, Stevie was blaming Mick for not getting back to her in a timely fashion and for not communicating with her—exactly what Lindsey has said this year. Mick seems to handle weird requests in a very brusque, insensitive manner.

She'd have been just as likely to re-record all of Rumours.
Stevie likes to re record perfectly good songs in order to get back at Lindsey. Why the f did she re record Twister???? It's SO much better the way Lindsey produced it. If she had her way she would re record EVERY song LB produced. She's that much of a bitter old hag now.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

She'd have been just as likely to re-record all of Rumours..
I had the very same thought.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as the extreme Stevie hate on here strikes me as hysterical, it’s obvious that FM (and Stevie in particular) look like the assholes here. So I hope LB wins.

That said, LB & SN have had a fraught and dysfunctional relationship for decades and it sounds like it’s best that they’re not in a band together. LB has been quite an asshole himself over the years and I totally believe that he smirked at Stevie’s speech (or whatever she says he did) and it set her off. That’s totally in character for him. But the way they all handled this was the definition of chickensh&t.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
As much as the extreme Stevie hate on here strikes me as hysterical, it’s obvious that FM (and Stevie in particular) look like the assholes here. So I hope LB wins.

That said, LB & SN have had a fraught and dysfunctional relationship for decades and it sounds like it’s best that they’re not in a band together. LB has been quite an asshole himself over the years and I totally believe that he smirked at Stevie’s speech (or whatever she says he did) and it set her off. That’s totally in character for him. But the way they all handled this was the definition of chickensh&t.
You do know that what Christine and Mick did was WAY worse right? They openly mocked her and danced behind her.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You do know that what Christine and Mick did was WAY worse right? They openly mocked her and danced behind her.
The point is... she doesn't despise Mick or Chris.
It's not rational behaviour, but she hates him so much she has blinkered vision.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-15-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The point is... she doesn't despise Mick or Chris.
It's not rational behaviour, but she hates him so much she has blinkered vision.
I don't think she "hates" Lindsey or despises him. She's always wanted recognition from Lindsey, and I'd say she wanted that more from him than from anyone else in the band. When he acts disrespectful to her, it bothers her more. It bothers her A LOT! MusiCares is where it all came to a head, from a long history of her trying to get that respect. The instance of him not ever listening to Bella Donna would be an example. I also believe that Lindsey's involvement with Chris on the BuckVie record and tour irked her too. This fallout has been brewing for awhile, to say the least. I don't think it was any one thing or things that Lindsey did at MusiCares that was so horrible. It was just the trigger that made all these feelings surface in her. In someone who is in an unstable emotional mindset, still dealing with Tom's death.